Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't want to argue that he is a good leader, nor have I ever said that he was. I never have. It is the loud voices that are claiming that he is not a leader that I am talking about.

Hell, I even rated his leadership at only a 5 in that little experiment. How would that be if that I considered him a good leader?
So you want to assert he’s an average leader. Regardless this is all opinion when we are talking about leadership. Everyone has the “burden of proof” on their own opinion. Frankly I just found it silly to use that phrase in this debate.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you want to assert he’s an average leader. Regardless this is all opinion when we are talking about leadership. Everyone has the “burden of proof” on their own opinion. Frankly I just found it silly to use that phrase in this debate.
You still aren't understanding. I'm not asserting anything, those that are saying with seemingly near certainty that is isn't a leader is.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'd say that if you read what players are consistently saying about K1: Big time competitor, wants to win badly, works his butt off.

The media (people who don't really know him) have a different narrative.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
You hear this stuff about Murray being competitive, working wanting to win badly, working his butt off yet at the same time you hear Murray say I don't like to spend a lot of time studying film, I rather just step on the field and see it. These just don't mesh. You can want to win badly, we all want to see the team win badly, however wanting it and doing something about it is two different things. You can be a gym rat, be ultra competitive on the field and want to win above anything else but if you don't prepare properly and invest the time to do everything you are capable of doing to achieve winning it means nothing.

Saying you want to win and actually doing whatever you can to win are two totally different things.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You hear this stuff about Murray being competitive, working wanting to win badly, working his butt off yet at the same time you hear Murray say I don't like to spend a lot of time studying film, I rather just step on the field and see it. These just don't mesh. You can want to win badly, we all want to see the team win badly, however wanting it and doing something about it is two different things. You can be a gym rat, be ultra competitive on the field and want to win above anything else but if you don't prepare properly and invest the time to do everything you are capable of doing to achieve winning it means nothing.

Saying you want to win and actually doing whatever you can to win are two totally different things.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, it’s only been widly reported by multiple national media members that his leadership skills are questionable at best. I’m sure there are some teammates who see him as a leader, but compared to guys such as Russ, Brady, and others, Kyler leaves much to be desired.

Just today, Colin provided some anecdotes about the KM situation. He is directly connected to Steve Keim.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

At this point I'd be content if the Cardinals traded Murray providing they get a good return in trade.

It's looking like a bad marriage.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That’s the right move.
His agent just pounded his head into the table.

Drama isn't over. So it doesn't mean much until camp starts.

Kyler doesn't want to leave, but has to at least keep up a potential holdout threat so Keim doesn't stall this thing out (keeping him on his rookie deal).

Time will tell.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3 day time out.
S iIlly to ban me. Did I say “he” was stupid? No I did not. I said his ”comment” was stupid. Which IMO, it was. And I backed that premise with an explanatio. So, in reality, I didn’t attack him. It’s no different than the MANY people on this board that attack my comments. I have no problem with it because, in my opinion, they are NOT attacking me, but attacking my point of view. It’s a slippery slope.
Sometimes people really shouldn't make statements without doing a little research first. This Allen statement is just ridiculous. Allan lost his first playoff game in his rookie season by 3 points. He only started 11 games in his rookie season. In year 2 he went to AFC championship game and lost to KC. In those two seasons his record was 15-12. If you add his third season his record was 28-15 and 2 more playoff games with a 14-1 TD to INT ratio.

The real reason why Allen was extended is because he has shown that he is willing to put in the work to become the best QB he can be and this has been well documented. He became a team leader. He earned the extension! Murray on the other hand has not shown those same qualities. When you make statements like I don't like to study game film, I rather just go on the field a see it makes one tend to think that Murray doesn't do all he can to get better.

Maybe, just maybe since they have a better view of Murray and his work habits, haven't seen Murray put in the effort and time to become better and become the best he can be and they are reluctant to show him the money until they see a change for the better.
Maybe you should go back and check your math. In year 2, Allen did NOT go to the AFC Championship game. He lost to the Texans in the 1st round & he singlehandedly handed that game over to the Texans.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well that puts the nonsense to bed
The problem I have had about the attacks on Kyler is that 95% of the attacks are based on speculative information.

Kyler didn't have to dispute what PP said, but he did. That speaks volumes. A few weeks ago in a public appearance he said the same. So it doesn't appear that Murray is doing anything more than playing contract games, which he should. It's not a personal attack on any of us.

Murray needs to grow up and he likely will. But the overreaction crew on this board is quick to pull the rug on the best young QB in franchise history. It's ludicrous. Murray has a good chance to be the best QB in franchise history. Honestly if he has two more years like his first three, he probably already is.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem I have had about the attacks on Kyler is that 95% of the attacks are based on speculative information.

Kyler didn't have to dispute what PP said, but he did. That speaks volumes. A few weeks ago in a public appearance he said the same. So it doesn't appear that Murray is doing anything more than playing contract games, which he should. It's not a personal attack on any of us.

Murray needs to grow up and he likely will. But the overreaction crew on this board is quick to pull the rug on the best young QB in franchise history. It's ludicrous. Murray has a good chance to be the best QB in franchise history. Honestly if he has two more years like his first three, he probably already is.
Amen!

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score

Very well stated... 2 thumbs up

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
His agent just pounded his head into the table.

Drama isn't over. So it doesn't mean much until camp starts.

Kyler doesn't want to leave, but has to at least keep up a potential holdout threat so Keim doesn't stall this thing out (keeping him on his rookie deal).

Time will tell.
Naw both the club and kyler don’t need the bad press. It’s the right optics for both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.