Netflix Stock Tumbles

OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I use Netflix more than Prime.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that shocking. They lost 700,000 members when services shut down in Russia and Disney signed up 200 million subscribers. There is a ton of competition. Losing all the Disney properties on the service didn't help either.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The menu's are horrible. finding things is horrible. Having to sort through all kinds of PPV content is horrible. I just dont like it one bit. Every time I go on it, I feel like I am wasting time. They have some originals that I hear are good and have not watched outside of The Boys (excellent) but the overall experience is utter trash IMO

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The menu's are horrible. finding things is horrible. Having to sort through all kinds of PPV content is horrible. I just dont like it one bit. Every time I go on it, I feel like I am wasting time. They have some originals that I hear are good and have not watched outside of The Boys (excellent) but the overall experience is utter trash IMO
They have a lot of good stuff, but you're right, the way they organize things, especially multi-season tv series, is difficult to navigate.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have a lot of good stuff, but you're right, the way they organize things, especially multi-season tv series, is difficult to navigate.
I almost never use Prime anymore. Like BRR said, the menu is difficult to navigate and they make it a point to show all of this data that isn't available on Prime. There should be a filter for 'Prime free.'

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I almost never use Prime anymore. Like BRR said, the menu is difficult to navigate and they make it a point to show all of this data that isn't available on Prime. There should be a filter for 'Prime free.'
I'm pretty sure there at least used to be a menu option for only Prime content.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t argue the navigation… but overall I enjoy the content very much

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there at least used to be a menu option for only Prime content.
Yeah, the search results used to be better. 2 years ago if I searched "UFO documentary" or "Bigfoot documentary"* I only got back prime results. Now it's mixed with Prime and paid content and the paid content is 90% of the results.

*when I was laid up with covid I stumbled on these and love them when I'm sick now. Since they're usually just guys walking around a forest at night reacting to any noise they hear they're great for when you keep zoning in and out of sleep during it. There's no real content missed. :)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only watch a few things on PRIME. I even replaced all my Amazon Firestick devices. I got sick of the "Advertisement" like approach and only pushing their stuff. The interface is the worst. I only have Apple TV devices and Roku devices in the house.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only watch a few things on PRIME. I even replaced all my Amazon Firestick devices. I got sick of the "Advertisement" like approach and only pushing their stuff. The interface is the worst. I only have Apple TV devices and Roku devices in the house.
this.

Firesticks are horrid. They hide the apps I use behind 2-3 clicks while puttings ad's and their apps on the front even though I clearly use other stuff more often and you cannot customize it.

I have some rokus and some google tvs. My google tv in my room is the fastest and most intuitive interface of them all.

If it werent for core amazon, I would have no amazon products.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ageed. If they improved the interface, I'd be much more likely to check out their content that I don't specifically go looking for like your The Boys example.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Netflix’s drop is for two reasons… massive competition and more importantly, IMO, their programming has just not been that interesting for over a year since the competition got its legs under them.

Netflix used to be pretty much the only streamer I’d watch because they always had new, flashy and interesting content. Now they’re a distant 4th behind HBOMAX, Hulu and Apple Plus and I’ve prob finished more series on Disney plus over the last year just based on their Marvel/Star Wars stuff alone. Can’t even remember the last new Netflix show was that I finished the season or binged.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Netflix’s drop is for two reasons… massive competition and more importantly, IMO, their programming has just not been that interesting for over a year since the competition got its legs under them.

Netflix used to be pretty much the only streamer I’d watch because they always had new, flashy and interesting content. Now they’re a distant 4th behind HBOMAX, Hulu and Disney plus.
This. They were the only game in town. Since that time, Disney/Marvel content gone. Many of the shows that used to be on other networks that ended up on Netflix for re-runs are now moving to those Networks own stream services.

Which means Netflix over the past few years has had to rely more on more on their own content. They have had some good movies and some OK shows but stuff like Stranger Things or Ozark are far and few between. They simply don't have the intellectual assets of other networks which means your original programming better be damn good.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Hardly ever use Netflix anymore. 99% of their content is high budget trash with awful storylines and plot holes wider than the Grand Canyon. Seems like they throw crap at the wall and hope it sticks…while adding in an excessive amount of explosions. HBO Max has far superior content and they don’t try to raise the price on you every 3 weeks.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hardly ever use Netflix anymore. 99% of their content is high budget trash with awful storylines and plot holes wider than the Grand Canyon. Seems like they throw crap at the wall and hope it sticks…while adding in an excessive amount of explosions. HBO Max has far superior content and they don’t try to raise the price on you every 3 weeks.
Sorry but Stranger Things and Cobra Kai are at the very least top 10 shows in streaming right now, arguably top 5.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry but Stranger Things and Cobra Kai are at the very least top 10 shows in streaming right now, arguably top 5.
Netflix has some quality stuff but the competition is pulling views away that in the past went to them because there was no competition. For example, The Book of Boba Fett was one of the most streamed shows and it wasn't even Disney's + best show this year. Some of Netflix's most viewed shows last year were other networks content: Criminal Minds, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, Manifest, Supernatural for example did better than some of their originals.

As Netflix was trying to break into movies last year, Disney dominated them in 2021. For movies it was no competition.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Adding commercials, unless they are going to go back to a $4.99 plan would get a ton of people to cancel. I'd consider it if they added commercials to their highest paid plan.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, throw in things like Queen's Gambit and Squid Game and they probably have 6-8 of the top 10 streaming shows across all streaming platforms.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose