Chase Edmonds claims “culture issues” with Cardinals???

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

on the drama from Kyler this offseason "it wasn't surprising to me in the least... the frustration at the end of last year was boiling over"

he also said that a teams culture prevents a team from collapsing 2 years in a row the way we did. Pat P echoed his sentiment about the cards culture (obviously he's salty)

"the way things are, I don't think so" - Edmonds when asked if kyler will finish his career as a cardinal

"no disrespect to the cardinals, but they don't put the team in position to be successful year after year. they want to sit and wait on draft picks instead of being aggressive in free agency. kyler murray isn't going to sit around and wait for that" - Pat P
Thank you for posting this. Everyone should take a few minutes to watch this. Much ado about nothing. Pat P giving his tiresome lashings at the team. Chase didn’t say anything bad. The only recent HOF type QBs I can think of finishing with their same team are John Elway and Ben Rothlisberger. Chase is right. Everyone ends up somewhere else.

Chase’s comments about culture sounds to me like things started spiraling and nobody knew what to do to get out of it. That is a fair assessment. Steelers have a history of winning as do the Niners. I think he was referencing historical culture, not recent.

So sick of click bait BS stories mis-represented for the sole purpose of getting clicks. BTW, not blaming OP for this.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People can minimize what Chase said for whatever reason they want, but does anyone here want to make the argument that the Cards are building a winning culture in any way?

If you want to see a healthy team culture, see the Suns. The vibe around the Suns in every way is the polar opposite of the Cards. The Suns also have James Jones and Monty Williams - the contrast couldn't be bleaker. Yes, Kyler has a long way to go in terms of leadership, but he's certainly getting no help up the chain.

People should listen to Chase, he's a smart guy and very honest.
Just two years ago that idea of the Suns having a winning "culture" would have been trashed. Fifteen years of losing and inept player decisions justified that.

What makes a winning culture is .... winning. Everyone on the Cardinals was totally brilliant when they were 10-2. You can back through that part of the season and see all kinds of quotes from players about how great the culture was, playing for Kliff etc.

I can't take this too seriously.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seemed like there were cultural problems last season regardless of any comments from past players.

Didn't handle being 10-2 very well. Didn't appear to be an organisation used to success like that. Went to our heads.

Wise old heads who've been there and done it would know that it's a long season, playoffs are the biggest test, every season would have a bolter or two that shines early but can't go the distance, that injury would test our depth at some point, that opposition teams would be picking our game tapes to bits etc.

Did we have any wise old heads? Even JJ was bellowing Maybe we're just better from the sidelines. Rah-rah ******** instead of measured experience and keeping minds on the job. Instead we were collectively guzzling our own bathwater: Vance could be a head coach, Kyler MVP, No 1 in power rankings...

Same when the wheels fell off at the end. Calm heads needed, people who understand that you don't lose talent overnight. Belief that hard work and getting back to doing basics right will turn things around. Banding together rather than fracturing. Understanding that confidence and momentum can swing quickly.

Instead panic stations, terrible body language (not just from KM), going into our shells. Implosion.

Didn't handle winning maturely and didn't handle losing maturely which are cultural issues imho

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I hope Edmonds can get a great seer to channel the '72 Dolphins so he can have this winning culture he's seeking at Miami

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just two years ago that idea of the Suns having a winning "culture" would have been trashed. Fifteen years of losing and inept player decisions justified that.

What makes a winning culture is .... winning. Everyone on the Cardinals was totally brilliant when they were 10-2. You can back through that part of the season and see all kinds of quotes from players about how great the culture was, playing for Kliff etc.

I can't take this too seriously.
The Suns culture changed when they finally got rid of an awful GM and their idiot owner stepped back and handed the reins to James Jones and a proven Head Coach.

The Suns turned their culture around by making BIG changes. The Cardinals just doubled down on more of the same after three straight second half collapses to end the year.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Just watched the new Cardinals "Flight Plan"...
A couple of things I noticed... Kliff Kingsbury seem lees interested in the cameras and wasn't on to much ( Good for him) at least one guy seems more interested in football than cameras.
Listening to Keim SMH; "You have to make decisions that are best for the organization and sometimes there not always popular but, you have to have thick skin to sit in this chair and I feel like we built a very strong core here"...
It sucks to say but I Honestly expected the next words out of the guys mouth to be; " I got paid and that's what matters ". " Now the players are on their own to try and figure out how to make money ".
I might have read that wrong but it just seemed to be what he looked like he wanted to say "...

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
we had guys looking for a big payday. They didnt like what we offered, or that they were not offered. Most of them got the same or less elsewhere . except the guys who we just couldnt afford to keep if we wanted to.

former employees often have sour grapes when they dont get the money they think they deserve....probably worse when you then have to pack up and move across the country.

its also likely some of those former employees were a part of the culture the team is trying to change.
when the mgt and coaches are saying things like...we need to bring in good leadership....we need guys that aint afraid to tackle...etc...it tells you the players they let go were not those guys.

personally. I question the character of any man who comes out and publicly badmouths a former employer....unless he has a good reason...I mean, Boomer Esiason being benched so the team wouldnt have to pay him his million dollar escalator bonus,..well, that was pretty bad.... But even with those sour grapes his schtick of always bashing the team got old real fast.
these guys are supposed to be professionals and they should carry themselves as such. Often times that simply means keeping your mouth shut.

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
New to the forums. Hello all!

I'm not absolving the Cardinals from their failures, but it's hard to take Edmonds seriously when he talks about culture and signs a deal with the Dolphins. Just saying....

I'll never understand why people feel the need to bash their former employer. I look at it as a sign of weakness and an inability to accept responsibility. 9 times out of 10 I will immediately dismiss a candidate based on his negative response when asked about his last job. Leaders appreciate opportunity and take responsibility. "I thank the Cardinals for everything they have done for me. Im looking forward to accepting a new challenge and doing whatever I can to help this franchise be the best it can be."

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's the one thing that changes the culture on a team? That turns a losing franchise into a winning one?

That's right, it's a franchise QB.

Kyler should be the one changing the culture. Like Burrow at the Bengals.

While Kyler isn't the one complaining that has been the rumor all offseason. And that's the problem. Kyler want's a team of superstars like OU so he can win by just showing up. When Kyler is supposed to be the one elevating everyone with his hard work, leadership and on field play. That's what earns then the big bucks in contract talks and probably why the Cards are a little reticent. Because they haven't seen this in action.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s OK to question Cardinal team culture if for no other reason our W&L record has been below average over a long period of time.
Definitely OK to question Cardinal team culture... but they are 130-129-2 since the opening of the new stadium, so not "below average". Just sayin'....
Remember who the coach in Miami is now, McDaniel came from San Francisco and he was the run game coordinator there and heavily involved in the offense. So it's reasonable to assume when Chase mentioned SF it's because he's familiar with that program both from playing against them, and because he knows McDaniel.
... And he should be familiar with beating San Francisco 5 times out of 8, despite being the worst team in franchise history one of those years! So, he has no reason to consider San Francisco a team with more of a "winning culture" than the Cardinals during his tenure.

...dave

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim is a problem: he can’t draft for crap and when he does draft a decent player they almost never sign a second contract.

Kliff is a problem: Because Coachbro can’t coach for crap and is a perennial choker lacking humility and is often predictable.

Bidwill is a problem: Because he is too busy being buddies with Keim and can’t make a proper decision about him due to being clouded by said friendship.

Murray is a problem: Because his ego and belief he can excel purely on his god-given talent prevent him from working on his faults and doing more in the film room than the bare minimum.
Pretty much sums it up

egomaniac247

Veteran
Reaction score
What irks me is PP saying that the Cardinals haven’t done enough to give Murray weapons or enough to win with.

DHop, AJ Green, Rondale, Zach Ertz, and formerly Kirk. Aaron Rodgers would kill to have that WR corps. Didn’t even mention the solid RB play over the years.

Just be honest and call a spade a spade, he wants more money. And that’s fine, just don’t hide behind other excuses.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Never burn bridges. Always be positive about your former employer. This is true in both sports and the corporate world. Loved all the companies that I worked for and only left because it was a better opportunity for me and my family. Stupid to say something otherwise.

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
What's the one thing that changes the culture on a team? That turns a losing franchise into a winning one?

That's right, it's a franchise QB.

Kyler should be the one changing the culture. Like Burrow at the Bengals.

While Kyler isn't the one complaining that has been the rumor all offseason. And that's the problem. Kyler want's a team of superstars like OU so he can win by just showing up. When Kyler is supposed to be the one elevating everyone with his hard work, leadership and on field play. That's what earns then the big bucks in contract talks and probably why the Cards are a little reticent. Because they haven't seen this in action.
So, you’re basically saying he wants good players on the team like fans do?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, you’re basically saying he wants good players on the team like fans do?

We have good players, that's how we were 10-2 and finished 11-5.

He seems to want an O line made of 1st round picks and elite WR's at every spot.

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
We have good players, that's how we were 10-2 and finished 11-5.

He seems to want an O line made of 1st round picks and elite WR's at every spot.
So, positions that matter a hell of a lot more than inside-linebackers? He wants to have trench play actually be invested in? Him wanting elite WRs at every spot is…..bad? Do you understand what you’re saying?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The replies to the original tweet from general NFL fans is telling.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, positions that matter a hell of a lot more than inside-linebackers? He wants to have trench play actually be invested in? Him wanting elite WRs at every spot is…..bad? Do you understand what you’re saying?

Yeah, I understand it's impossible and unrealistic.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mainly because the guys at the top made it seem that way.

lol no, because it's impossible.

This Org has done a bunch to build around Kyler, as much as any team has done with any QB.

They are trying to build a winning culture by actually winning, which they did last year. In fact Kyler was handed a 9-2 team with a winning culture on his return from injury and promptly crapped the bed and made it an 11-6 team and laid one of the biggest eggs in the playoffs of all time.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PP I ignore. Chase, that will have to be considered seriously
Ironic that Chase didn't mention the Dolphins as one of the teams with a great culture...

I don't take much that happens on PP's podcast seriously. He's obviously slanted against the Cards and tries to direct the content to fit his narrative.