Chase Edmonds claims “culture issues” with Cardinals???

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just read an article on CBS Sports where Chase Edmonds is describing the bad culture with the Cardinals and he expects Kyler to leave the team. What the heck is going on with our beloved Cardinals!! Patrick Peterson echoed Edmonds claims.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
“When you see (good) culture teams in the NFL, like the Baltimore Ravens, the New Orleans Saints, the San Francisco 49ers, those teams — no matter how talented they look, bro, from top to bottom — they just somehow how to find a way to win damn games,” stated Edmonds, who performed with Murray for 3 seasons earlier than going to the Miami Dolphins. “Even like Mike Tomlin with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Some teams have that culture, and some teams don’t. I feel like that’s kinda what it was for us.”
“I just know, especially knowing how the last two years (have) ended, meaning 2021 and 2020, and knowing the type of competitor that K1 is, and the type of winner that he wants to be,” Edmonds stated. “I knew there was gonna be, at some point, some things happening.”

Peterson, who performed a decade in Arizona and co-hosts the podcast, stated he thinks Murray is just too aggressive to stick with the Cardinals based mostly on how they’re doing issues.

“He’s a competitor,” Peterson stated. “And I feel like, no disrespect to the Arizona Cardinals, I feel like they don’t put the team in a position to be successful year after year after year. And Kyler Murray’s not gonna sit around and wait for that.”

Seem like its mostly a Keim dig again.

Last edited:

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
at this point I think you have to be resigned to the fact that murray is getting traded and the team will start over at the position.

This team sucks to root for. Total failures.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just read an article on CBS Sports where Chase Edmonds is describing the bad culture with the Cardinals and he expects Kyler to leave the team. What the heck is going on with our beloved Cardinals!! Patrick Peterson echoed Edmonds claims.

Basically what Edmonds said was:
"When you see (good) culture teams in the NFL, like the Baltimore Ravens, the New Orleans Saints, the San Francisco 49ers, those teams -- no matter how talented they look, bro, from top to bottom -- they just somehow how to find a way to win damn games," Edmonds said. "Even like Mike Tomlin with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Some teams have that culture, and some teams don't. I feel like that's kinda what it was for us."

And PP21:
"I've been around K1," Peterson said. "He's a competitor ... And I feel like, no disrespect to the Arizona Cardinals, I feel like they don't put the team in a position to be successful year after year after year. And Kyler Murray's not gonna sit around and wait for that."

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it’s OK to question Cardinal team culture if for no other reason our W&L record has been below average over a long period of time.

But I’m not a big supporter of “fire the staff” or stick elbows into Keim.

The problem transcends normal day-to-day, and it will require big picture analyses and equally broad brush solutions to ferret out the problems and make the right fixes (i.e. it could involve something so mundane as who gets special parking priveleges, who gets preferred seating on the plane. Are the channels of communication clear, fair, apolitical and free from retribution? - that sort of stuff).

Or not. (If we knew, there wouldn’t be a problem).

But let’s do some digging. What’s clear is that we don’t win enough games, and this may be due to underlying problems with the structure and culture of the team. I think this is a big deal and should be approached with seriousness of purpose and putting away all the pettiness I see eminating from the fan base (including the one here. Who’d want to come to work each day and be made aware of the latest wisecracks about your boss)?

I advise us all to review reports of some of the things Pete Carroll has done in Seattle. They may not be perfectly successful but do appear to recognize there are problems and to work toward dealing with them.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I have a personal policy not to take as gospel anything negative said by former team members. It would be hard to assume it wasn’t a blow to Edmonds‘ ego when the Cards re-signed Conner and not him. The Cards may indeed have a problem but I’d like a current source, even if he asked the reporter not to use his name.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a load of crap. Edmonds just joined the freaking Dolphins. A team with 2 winning seasons in 5 and an owner accused of paying to tank.

Talks about a culture of winning then names 4 teams, 3 of which didn't make the playoffs last year and another that has had more losing seasons under Shanny than winning ones and a 39-42 record.

You can count on one hand the number of teams with a "winning culture".

Kyler wanted to be the number 1 pick. To do that your going to be going to a team in bad shape. The team has got better every year since. Traded for players like Hopkins and Hudson.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
People can minimize what Chase said for whatever reason they want, but does anyone here want to make the argument that the Cards are building a winning culture in any way?

If you want to see a healthy team culture, see the Suns. The vibe around the Suns in every way is the polar opposite of the Cards. The Suns also have James Jones and Monty Williams - the contrast couldn't be bleaker. Yes, Kyler has a long way to go in terms of leadership, but he's certainly getting no help up the chain.

People should listen to Chase, he's a smart guy and very honest.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People can minimize what Chase said for whatever reason they want, but does anyone here want to make the argument that the Cards are building a winning culture in any way?

If you want to see a healthy team culture, see the Suns. The vibe around the Suns in every way is the polar opposite of the Cards. The Suns also have James Jones and Monty Williams - the contrast couldn't be bleaker. Yes, Kyler has a long way to go in terms of leadership, but he's certainly getting no help up the chain.

Both viewpoints can be correct.

Of course, Chase didn't list his new team as a model culture, so apparently the Green is more important, since both PP and Chase would have resigned with the Cardinals for the right money.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Both viewpoints can be correct.

Of course, Chase didn't list his new team as a model culture, so apparently the Green is more important, since both PP and Chase would have resigned with the Cardinals for the right money.
Sure but its evident this franchise is lead pretty poorly
It's a spoiled environment, fans and media are soft and the ownership is free to not care much after all despite what they constantly claim

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think the FO probably agrees

last year's changes were all about bringing in "leadership"

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a load of crap. Edmonds just joined the freaking Dolphins. A team with 2 winning seasons in 5 and an owner accused of paying to tank.

Talks about a culture of winning then names 4 teams, 3 of which didn't make the playoffs last year and another that has had more losing seasons under Shanny than winning ones and a 39-42 record.

You can count on one hand the number of teams with a "winning culture".

Kyler wanted to be the number 1 pick. To do that your going to be going to a team in bad shape. The team has got better every year since. Traded for players like Hopkins and Hudson.

Kind of agree kind of don't. Remember who the coach in Miami is now, McDaniel came from San Francisco and he was the run game coordinator there and heavily involved in the offense. So it's reasonable to assume when Chase mentioned SF it's because he's familiar with that program both from playing against them, and because he knows McDaniel. And it's reasonable to assume part of why he picked Miami is he felt that way. He certainly didn't pick them on some promise of tons of PT he is likely in a multi player platoon there next year.

I do agree the Dolphins were looking pretty bad when they fired Flores and stuff started coming out though.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Systemic issue. Obviously, starts with Mikey, but is reinforced by the numbskulls like Keim and Kliff.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

He is no different than an ex GF. It’s a dig at an Org that didn’t want him. He than goes to a Team that doesn’t have a winning culture. Lol. Miami hasn’t won anything since Lebron left and especially in football where I can’t remember when they made the playoffs

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose