What's the #1 thing you've learned on ASFN?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'm coming up on 20 years and thought it would be fun to see what everyone else has taken away from being a part of ASFN.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The incredible kindness and friendship offered by those on this board. From afar, it may be hard to see, but if you ever meet these folks in person, you'll see it. Hell, the board sent me to a game way back when, when I was a destitute grad student, with the late, great Duckjake hosting me at his hotel. What an incredible gesture. I can't say enough about the magnificent, inclusive fan culture we have.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I learned I'm not the only guy on the planet who watches Cards or other games and talks to the players the whole game. My niece, now 16 used to watch Cards or UCLA games with me and ask "why are you talking to the tv Uncle Russ, they can't hear you."

Now I watch her play soccer and she gets it because I do the same thing while she's playing!

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What I have learned is how tired I am of the Bidwill’s multi generational ownership of the Cardinals. Voters gave them more than they deserve with the stadium. I wish they would put the legacy of ego to rest and sell out to a minority ownership group.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An aside but it was posted on an earlier iteration of this board. Still the most incredible "prediction" ever. After Bledsoe got hurt and everyone was saying man the Patriots are starting a 6th rounder at QB DCCardsfan posted something like yeah the Pats are going to win and Brady is going to take Bledsoe's job. I don't remember it exactly he didn't say GOAT, HOF etc but he clearly predicted Brady was going to take the job for good.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some are more a fan of being correct than being a Cardinal fan.
Its something very common everywhere, not just here
Many i think, doesn't really believe in everything they say just like to find a way to create a interesting debate

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably was Mitch, i don't know how many underdogs he pushed for in the last decade

no it was DCCards fan he has not been here in ages, I think he left when Jake went to Denver that long ago. It was an earlier version of this board. I never got along with him but it was the most incredible prediction when you go back and then see what Brady did in his career.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Brian in Mesa has never had a drink.
Funny story. Whenever we get new coworkers after a while one will say something about drinking or going drinking and I'll usually politely tell them I don't drink unless another coworker brings it up first. Well, I thought I was being a little creative, and instead of saying "I don't drink." I said, "I've just celebrated a little over 50 years sober." My new coworker didn't miss a beat and said "Congrats, that's great !!" (as if I used to drink and then stopped). Everyone in the office cracked up and I said "Exactly how old do you think I am?"

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny story. Whenever we get new coworkers after a while one will say something about drinking or going drinking and I'll usually politely tell them I don't drink unless another coworker brings it up first. Well, I thought I was being a little creative, and instead of saying "I don't drink." I said, "I've just celebrated a little over 50 years sober." My new coworker didn't miss a beat and said "Congrats, that's great !!" (as if I used to drink and then stopped). Everyone in the office cracked up and I said "Exactly how old do you think I am?"
It's that #CarnyLife you lead. Really ages you.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I have also found there are a few on this board who will for instance be very critical of other's opinions which they never take an actual stance themselves. Kyler Murray is a good example, they will critique one's opinion but they themselves will never state if they actually like Kyler or offer what they would do with his contract. Then in the draft they critique the opinions of others but never say who they want... it's like arguing with a politician lol

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That we could win the Super Bowl. And there will be Rise Up Darkside posts and complaints about the victory parade.

I could see. Topics. We didn’t really deserve to win it all and here are 5 reasons why

Are we the worst Super Bowl winner of all time?

We need to fire KK because he hasn’t proven he can win a championship twice

Lol