Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1? The players in the locker room still rally around him. You don't see a mutiny in the locker room about Kyler not being their guy. That alone is worth at least a couple of points.

Scoring him a 1 is bias seeping through.

Maturity isn't leadership. Some of the most well liked guys I know are nothing more than big children I wouldn't trust to feed my pets.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watt and Conner are both known to be workout warriors. So 2 or 3, out of 60? You have a few of these on every team. Again, this is a really silly line in the sand.

Kyler has already been working out at the team facilities this off season. To stop working out there now the rest of the team is doesn't look great.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Kyler has already been working out at the team facilities this off season. To stop working out there now the rest of the team is doesn't look great.
This narrative is kind of stupid, TBH. Kyler comes to the facility to work out when he's here because it's a better and more private facility than he'd have access to in whatever condo he stays in here during the season.

I have little doubt that Kyler is working out with his trainer and dad and doing what he thinks is right. I think the bigger deal is that you have a franchise QB who after three seasons still thinks his home is in Texas.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
1? The players in the locker room still rally around him. You don't see a mutiny in the locker room about Kyler not being their guy. That alone is worth at least a couple of points.

Scoring him a 1 is bias seeping through.
It’s an interesting exercise though, no?

My scoring:
Raw Physical Talent - 9 (dock a point due to height)
Decision Making Ability - 6 (think he’s not in the great category but he’s likely above average)
Leadership - 4 (seems well-liked, but doesn’t seem a leader)
Maturity - 3.4 (needs to grow a lot but he’s not Ryan leaf)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sherdrick BIM :cool:

I was close!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

My scoring:
Decision Making Ability - 6 (think he’s not in the great category but he’s likely above average)
I agree for the most part.

I tend to think when there is smoke...

But smoke doesn't mean a blazing inferno. Sometimes someone threw a cigarette butt in a trashcan. Murray definitely needs to grow up, but you can say that about 95% of 24 year olds. He just happens to be the supposed leader of a a group of 50+ grown men.

If Murray leaves, I'm 100% confident he will figure it out and we will regret it. If he stays, I'm 50% sure he will workout. It's the Cardinals

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Murray leaves, I'm 100% confident he will figure it out and we will regret it. If he stays, I'm 50% sure he will workout. It's the Cardinals
It's always funny to me when a player gets drafted, goes to a great system with fantastic coaching, and becomes a great player in the league. It never fails. Someone will say "Man, imagine if we had drafted that guy?" I'm always like "Uh, his career trajectory would not have been the same. We're the Cardinals."

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

But smoke doesn't mean a blazing inferno. Sometimes someone threw a cigarette butt in a trashcan. Murray definitely needs to grow up, but you can say that about 95% of 24 year olds. He just happens to be the supposed leader of a a group of 50+ grown men.

This is why I'm so pissed at Kyler. I feel like we are damned either way.

He stays and I feel like we have seen what we will get. Poor leadership. Lack of toughness. Fading play when it counts, all interspersed with periods of highlight reel play.

And if he goes we likely endure at least a year or two of mediocre QB play.

Rock and hard Place.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Some of you guys will excuse anything for this kid…. If he was playing like a veteran experienced and under control. Showed amazing leadership skills and had this offense dialed in I wouldn’t care. But he is absolutely the furthest thing from that…. AJ Green(the guy labeled as lazy around here) was just interviewed and said he will attend the voluntary work outs. He stated The biggest thing he needs is to get his communication down with Kyler. Hmmm sounds like it would be a good place for Kyler to be and get that started….
Hyperbole Mich?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My scoring:

I do think it is interesting.

I think I would score decision a 7, leadership a 5, and maturity 4, while agreeing with physical talent.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

My scoring:

I do think it is interesting.

I think I would score decision a 7, leadership a 5, and maturity 4, while agreeing with physical talent.
Here's the thing. For a team with no real young foundational talent + old guys its tough to keep getting better and the team improving if he's not at least a 5 in leadership and maturity. Either that or he's a better talent than I realize (I have that anywhere from 8 to 9 as well).

The overall vibe from the team is just that he's an average leader (5 or 6). Somehow the disastrous playoff game has docked him two points or more.

Keim, young HC, no matter how talented (unless he's a 10 level talent) this team would have been crashed and burned if he wasn't decent enough in those areas.

The maturity definitely doesn't match the talent. However, he would have busted by now if he was as bad as some people are projecting.

Ironically, (not saying you guys) people are saying he's a generational/transcendent talent if you rate his maturity a 1 or 2. Cause its HARD for someone to succeed in the NFL as much as he has without somewhat keeping your own crap together.

I just think it's not always great or bad. Sometimes guys are just really average about some things. We'll see if he gets better in those areas.

Edit: Although to be fair I do get if it's a little harsher because of the position he plays. Still, if you're rating his intangibles that low (1 or 2), you're saying he's capable of winning 10+ games just on pure physical talent. And that's tough to do by virtue of the position he plays.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno if he's done more than Murray in three seasons. He definitely had developed more than Murray at the ends of their respective third seasons, but, as I said elsewhere, Josh Allen was a punchline at the beginning of his third season and then just came back from the offseason and got like Reverse COVID when you suddenly are like way better.

In pretty much every qualitative and quantitative category, Kyler was better after two seasons, and probably on really similar tracks through two and a half seasons.

Josh Allen's development in his third year is basically unprecedented.

I mean, the locker room not treating him like Baker Mayfield is a pretty low bar to clear. Where is the evidence that "the players in the locker room still rally around him"? Is there evidence elsewhere in the NFL that pro locker rooms "mutiny" on a QB?
There isn't. The burden on proof is those claiming that he isn't a leader, not the other way around.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

spot on.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
How do you know? This whole leader thing is all conjecture at best. You can tell me for a fact that his teammates in the locker room isn't showing that he is a leader?

This is madness the levels some of you will go through to try and prove a point.

I mean, it’s only been widly reported by multiple national media members that his leadership skills are questionable at best. I’m sure there are some teammates who see him as a leader, but compared to guys such as Russ, Brady, and others, Kyler leaves much to be desired.

Just today, Colin provided some anecdotes about the KM situation. He is directly connected to Steve Keim.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There isn't. The burden on proof is those claiming that he isn't a leader, not the other way around.
Lol. There’s only a burden of proof on anyone that wants to assert a position on a message board. So if you believe, and want to argue, he’s a good leader the burden of proof is on you. If someone wants to assert the opposite the burden is in them. This isn’t a court of law where there are rules governing who has to meet any thresholds.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I mean, it’s only been widly reported by multiple national media members that his leadership skills are questionable at best. I’m sure there are some teammates who see him as a leader, but compared to guys such as Russ, Brady, and others, Kyler leaves much to be desired.

Just today, Colin provided some anecdotes about the KM situation. He is directly connected to Steve Keim.

I wonder if one of their sources is Dan Bickley...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. There’s only a burden of proof on anyone that wants to assert a position on a message board. So if you believe, and want to argue, he’s a good leader the burden of proof is on you. If someone wants to assert the opposite the burden is in them. This isn’t a court of law where there are rules governing who has to meet any thresholds.
I don't want to argue that he is a good leader, nor have I ever said that he was. I never have. It is the loud voices that are claiming that he is not a leader that I am talking about.

Hell, I even rated his leadership at only a 5 in that little experiment. How would that be if that I considered him a good leader?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So more conjecture, got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave