NFL Draft rumors until draft day

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The more I think about it, the happier I'd be with the pick.

Yes, I know, I'm a Penn State fan, but I've not been a PSU homer. Hated Levi Brown and, to be specific to PSU WRs, hated the "Skillet Hands" pick.
I am warming up to him too... what I like about him is that not only is he fast, that boy can catch :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yes, I know, I'm a Penn State fan, but I've not been a PSU homer. Hated Levi Brown and, to be specific to PSU WRs, hated the "Skillet Hands" pick.
Yeah I have never seen you as a PSU homer, so this carries weight. My only concern is how slight he is along with the height. So he’s never going to be . . . well . . . Stout.

What’s his ceiling comp? Could he be an Antonio brown if he maxed out his abilities?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I have never seen you as a PSU homer, so this carries weight. My only concern is how slight he is along with the height. So he’s never going to be . . . well . . . Stout.

What’s his ceiling comp? Could he be an Antonio brown if he maxed out his abilities?
Not even close.

His ceiling is Diontae Johnson, but he’s another Eddie Royal imo. A WR you draft in the 3rd or maybe low 2nd, not at #23.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
my least favorite 1st round WR

which likely means he is a sure-fire star

there is pretty much zero consensus on the ranking of the top 6 or so WRs from the published draft rankings

one guys #1 is the next guys #5

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Maybe. I initially didn't think he was big enough, but someone posted a size comp , and he's not really that small in comparison.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not even close.

His ceiling is Diontae Johnson, but he’s another Eddie Royal imo. A WR you draft in the 3rd or maybe low 2nd, not at #23.
Diontae Johnson with really good hands wouldnt be a bad thing to have.

Unfortunately for us we don't get the kinda roster construction/draft success to get a Diontae Johnson in the 3rd round so we can address other issues in the 1st.

Edit: If Keim is set on WR in round 1. And his board on the remaining wrs is

Olave
Dotson
Burks

If Olave is dropping to 22, do you trade with New England to get Olave before the Packers do or stand pat with Dotson at 23?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diontae Johnson with really good hands wouldnt be a bad thing to have.

Unfortunately for us we don't get the kinda roster construction/draft success to get a Diontae Johnson in the 3rd round so we can address other issues in the 1st.

Edit: If Keim is set on WR in round 1. And his board on the remaining wrs is

Olave
Dotson
Burks

If Olave is dropping to 22, do you trade with New England to get Olave before the Packers do or stand pat with Dotson at 23?
I don’t go WR period if that’s the case, lol. Especially if Zion or Maye are still on the board. Nothing could convince me to trade UP for a WR with our already limited draft capital.

But if I HAD to go WR, I would take Pickens over Dotson at #23 & it’s not even remotely close. I actually wouldn’t be mad if Pickens was that pick.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don’t go WR period if that’s the case, lol. Especially if Zion or Maye are still on the board. Nothing could convince me to trade UP for a WR with our already limited draft capital.

But if I HAD to go WR, I would take Pickens over Dotson at #23 & it’s not even remotely close. I actually wouldn’t be mad if Pickens was that pick.
Would rather trade back for Pickens he should be there early in the 2nd round. Unless the Chiefs take him late 1st rd, but he doesn't fit their style IMO. Would be another way to gain draft capital as well.

I fear Hernandez has pushed Zion Johnson down the board. So it may be Mafe.

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would rather trade back for Pickens he should be there early in the 2nd round.
I wouldn’t cause I guarantee he won’t be there in the 2nd. Something tells me he’ll even go before Dotson. Hell, he easily should.
but he doesn't fit their style IMO
I’m not sure what this means. He’s a very good prospect. How doesn’t a very good prospect doesn’t fit their style? You’re making a mistake if you think they’re looking for another Tyreek, when there isn’t someone like another Tyreek.
I fear Hernandez has pushed Zion Johnson down the board.
Would be really dumb, but it wouldn’t be surprising with Keim at the helm.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn’t cause I guarantee he won’t be there in the 2nd. Something tells me he’ll even go before Dotson. Hell, he easily should.

I’m not sure what this means. He’s a very good prospect. How doesn’t a very good prospect doesn’t fit their style? You’re making a mistake if you think they’re looking for another Tyreek, when there isn’t someone like another Tyreek.
Would be really dumb, but it wouldn’t be surprising with Keim at the helm.
Im basing it on how they went Mecole Hardman over other types of Wrs back in 2019.

Im thinking they take Dotson if we don't. Could be wrong though.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im basing it on how they went Mecole Hardman over other types of Wrs back in 2019.

Im thinking they take Dotson if we don't. Could be wrong though.
Since Mecole has been a bust, that should give you more of a reason that it would make sense for them to draft Pickens over Dotson, lol. They need an alpha at WR. Dotson isn’t that. Pickens is.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Taking Dotson over Pickens would be like taking Isaiah Simmons over Wirfs all over again.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah I'd be fine with it. I'd rather Williams if he's on the board but I'm not a London or Olave fan.

I'd like it even more if we can trade back.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I'd be fine with it. I'd rather Williams if he's on the board but I'm not a London or Olave fan.

I didnt like the fact drake london didn't run his 40 even at pro day, has something to hide
Should slide in the second

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I really do think Williams would be perfect for this offense. Shame he's trending to go top 16.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I'd be happy with Dotson.

I think he has a high floor and the Cardinals need a contributor. George Pickens might have a higher ceiling, but he was never a big time producer at Georgia and is coming off an ACL year. That's a more risky player.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Meh London is the best WR in this draft. Hes big, physical and can run. Guys like him are super rare. Jameson is so slight and was injured in the only season he got extensive action. He's a bit of a risk...but I doubt he makes it to 23 anyway.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree with Chris Simms in regards to Malik Willis/Trey Lance.

Lance looks faster, but Willis seems to have better moves/sets up defenders. Lance's arm is slightly stronger, but Willis seems to have better control.

Either way he needs to sit a year.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd be happy with Dotson.

I think he has a high floor and the Cardinals need a contributor. George Pickens might have a higher ceiling, but he was never a big time producer at Georgia and is coming off an ACL year. That's a more risky player.
Because Kirby runs his offense like Saban did back in the late 00s/early 10s. Rather conservative than explosive.

C’mon guys, let’s not overthink this. Dotson really doesn’t have a single calling card that sticks out. Not that fast on tape, ordinary at YAC, not a good blocker, & cannot handle press. Not to mention, we already have enough short WRs as is. He’ll be a fine WR3. You don’t draft “fine WR3s” in round 1.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose