Kyler trade proposal

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
To Carolina for 3 #1 picks and Burns. Draft Willis with #6 overall pick. If the trade is after this year's draft, include Darnold in the deal.

My first choice is to negotiate a new contract but I think KM is going to be a problem going forward. He has handled this situation very poorly IMO.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
To Carolina for 3 #1 picks and Burns. Draft Willis with #6 overall pick. If the trade is after this year's draft, include Darnold in the deal.

My first choice is to negotiate a new contract but I think KM is going to be a problem going forward. He has handled this situation very poorly IMO.
The media and assorted Yahoos on social platforms are the ones that handled it poorly

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jets get: Kyler, 3rd
Cards get: #4, 35
2023 1st, 3rd
Zach Wilson
Mecki Becton

I’d do it
Haha be hiliarous to see kyler go to jets there franchise is wayyyyyyy worse

I do like wilson arm! Potential

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I like the idea of trading to Carolina for 3 1st found picks, but don't like the idea of drafting Willis with #6 overall. I didn't see anything special in him that make me a believer he could be a long time solution. Maybe we can smoke and trick one QB-needy team to overpay to trade up with us for him.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Some of you might hate this idea, but I would love to get a boat load of high picks (some combo of 1s, 2s & 3s) from Texans or Saints and then trade for Garoppolo. Niners probably would not want to trade with us being in same division. But we have a bunch of 6 and 7 rounders to sweeten the pot with over what Panthers or someone else offers.

I can't think of another QB that we could get on the cheap that would be decent with experience. Personally, I like JG. I think he is smart with solid experience. Twice he has taken the Niners further than Murray will probably ever take us in the playoffs. I know he has had injuries, but I would still take a chance for that low price for him.

I wonder what Niners would take for him? I have read it might only take a 2nd and a couple of late picks to get him.

Personally, I would try out Kaepernick and maybe sign him on the cheap, with lots of incentives and bonuses.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some of you might hate this idea, but I would love to get a boat load of high picks (some combo of 1s, 2s & 3s) from Texans or Saints and then trade for Garoppolo. Niners probably would not want to trade with us being in same division. But we have a bunch of 6 and 7 rounders to sweeten the pot with over what Panthers or someone else offers.

I can't think of another QB that we could get on the cheap that would be decent with experience. Personally, I like JG. I think he is smart with solid experience. Twice he has taken the Niners further than Murray will probably ever take us in the playoffs. I know he has had injuries, but I would still take a chance for that low price for him.

I wonder what Niners would take for him? I have read it might only take a 2nd and a couple of late picks to get him.

Personally, I would try out Kaepernick and maybe sign him on the cheap, with lots of incentives and bonuses.
Dear Lord. JG would have been sacked 75 times last year behind our OL.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would be pretty stupid to step up when the rush is coming straight up the middle.

He doesn’t step up period. It’s a huge flaw of his.

I can’t count how many times The Captain sent his guy wide just like he’s supposed to only to have Kyler run right into the defender.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I like the idea of trading to Carolina for 3 1st found picks, but don't like the idea of drafting Willis with #6 overall. I didn't see anything special in him that make me a believer he could be a long time solution. Maybe we can smoke and trick one QB-needy team to overpay to trade up with us for him.
Agreed. I'd go for 3 1st rounders from Carolina and take Pickett without a second thought.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd want more than that.

Wilson is 34 and on a fat contract and he was traded for 2 x 1sts, 2 x 2nds, a 5th, a TE that was a 1st round pick, a QB that was a 2nd round pick and Shelby Harris.

Kyler has 10 more years on him and 2 more years of cheap cap hits.

I'd want 3 x 1sts, 2 x 2nds, and Burns, Tremble and Henderson.

I ain't touching Darnold's contract. I'd rather role with McCoy as a bridge.

FlMike1969

Reaction score
Cards trade Kyler and the #23 pick to Houston for #3, #13 and a 4th round.
Cards then trade down with the Giants from #3 to #5 (Because Carolina picks at 6 and looking for a QB most likely). Cards get #5 and a 3rd Round (Since they do have (2) 3rd rounders)
Cards gain an additional 1st, 3rd and 4th round picks. Use the #5 pick to take Kenny Pickett and the other picks to get playmakers and OL.

Cards get a better sized QB that is considered by many day 1 ready to go. Let him and McCoy battle it out for starter. Most likely he sits until McCoy fails or gets injured, buys time to learn the game NFL style from a veteran. Kyler gets a fresh start and his precious contract. I get players wanting to get paid, especially in a violent sport like football, however you better win something before making demands. That team last year was the cream of the league until the QB and WR get injured. They still managed to win without the QB. That tells me the QB is not the catalyst some think he is. He's a part of a team effort that failed together. Kyler on the other hand failed to rise to the challenge once he returned, and his size does not bode well for long term success. Point blank he is not a 25+ mill a year QB and he is making himself look bad demanding it now, before winning anything. Time to move on.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He doesn’t step up period. It’s a huge flaw of his.

I can’t count how many times The Captain sent his guy wide just like he’s supposed to only to have Kyler run right into the defender.
And when you’re completing almost 70% of your passes, and scoring touchdowns at a record pace with both your arm & legs, you’re obviously doing something special.