Murray's agent apparently broke off contact talks?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean that is legit.

Maybe he's not capable of carrying a team a not so great team.
However, what if he's really good when the team is really good. And I really do believe he was really good with a healthy Hopkins.

If Bidwill is clearly Team Steve over Team Kyler. Then yes he should move him. Cause Kyler with a major contract might not be able to overcome Steve's inability to draft or add young talent year in and year out. Instead, we need a better/greater QB than can do that. Cause instead we'll be the Lions with Stafford.
Mine was :sarcasm:

:)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Sileo is a clown.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

However, a part of me would take Jalen Hurts (although people here seem to want Mnshew), their 2 1st round picks, and whatever else compensation and call it a day tbh.

Keim seems to think he did Kyler a favor by taking him #1 (maybe he was right).
Kyler seems to think he did Keim a favor by saving his job (maybe he was right).

Keim can find out if he can find another replacement.
Kyler can find out that Philly is way harsher media market than Arizona.

The only thing is they rewarded Keim and Kliff (to a lesser extent) when they share just as much blame for the 2nd half issues.

If Bidwill fires Keim, lets a new GM takeover then out goes the posturing. Either new guy believes him or he simply finds his own guy.

Kliff's gotta prove his legacy of 2nd half collapses is over. Still gets a 5-year extension.
Keim's gotta prove he can add young talent and improve roster construction. Still gets a 5-year extension.
Kyler's gotta prove he can stay healthy and finish strong. Ehhh lets wait and see.

If anything Bidwill should have held off on all 3 until the summer.
Kyler wants no part of Philly fans. They would crush him at the 1st sign of trouble. He has no idea how easy he has it in AZ, with fan accountability.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler wants no part of Philly fans. They would crush him at the 1st sign of trouble. He has no idea how easy he has it in AZ, with fan accountability.
Yep. True. This board is about the only place where I see any real negativity from fans, lol.

However, if Keim is not set on giving him his money. Thats the price Kyler has to pay. He seemed to dominate the NFC East so that will keep the death threats from Philly fans to a minimum.

I know Russ has issues with Hurts. Dont know if he's a long term solution. However, fans will like the guy more.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only reason this is happening is because Kyler's agent (and maybe Kyler) are worried about getting injured again and having another end of the year collapse which will crush his contract demands. Making this public and all of the threats are the only leverage they have.

The reason it's happening is the same as it was two months ago. Michael decided to extend management and not the player.

It's where the scapegoat comment comes from.

Meanwhile, the Cardinals roster has just been all subtraction with just marginal addition. The only hope they have to win is Murray

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My brother in law in Philly is praying they trade for Murray.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The idiocy on this board never ceases to amaze me. When Warner was trying to get money out of our FO, didn’t he make a trip to our arch rivals… the Niners? So, were the same group that are criticizing Murray for doing what every QB should do, did you criticize Warner just as severely? No you didn’t. Everyone need to STHU & wait to see how it all plays out. Otherwise, you all look foolish.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only reason this is happening is because Kyler's agent (and maybe Kyler) are worried about getting injured again and having another end of the year collapse which will crush his contract demands. Making this public and all of the threats are the only leverage they have.

to be fair that's literally the reason EVERY player in the NFL wants a new contract. They all know they have a limited window and they want to get as much guaranteed money as they can before they get hurt.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. True. This board is about the only place where I see any real negativity from fans, lol.

However, if Keim is not set on giving him his money. Thats the price Kyler has to pay. He seemed to dominate the NFC East so that will keep the death threats from Philly fans to a minimum.

I know Russ has issues with Hurts. Dont know if he's a long term solution. However, fans will like the guy more.

he's a good kid and he works hard but if we got him and he played here like he played there this board would be jumping on my bandwagon pretty quickly on him.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The idiocy on this board never ceases to amaze me. When Warner was trying to get money out of our FO, didn’t he make a trip to our arch rivals… the Niners? So, were the same group that are criticizing Murray for doing what every QB should do, did you criticize Warner just as severely? No you didn’t. Everyone need to STHU & wait to see how it all plays out. Otherwise, you all look foolish.
Ridiculously different situation. Warner was a free agent. He wasn't 3 years into a 4-5 year contract. He'd also just taken us to a Super Bowl in the greatest blaze of success the franchise had ever seen. He was beloved in the community and unquestionably one of the top leaders on our team.

Kyler has offered... next to none of that, and is literally under contract to play for us.

FlMike1969

Reaction score
I say find a way to get two picks in this years draft 1st round with a Kyler trade. Houston is a perfect candidate. Get the 3, 13 and the 3rd round, give up the 1st round. Trade down from 3 to 5 with the Giants and get the Giants #5 and 4th round. Then use the #5 to get Kenny Pickett. Use the 13 for an OL or best available. This scenario gives the cards a QB of the future with decent size and ability to replace Kyler plus gets additional picks for those play makers. Just my two cents.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ridiculously different situation. Warner was a free agent. He wasn't 3 years into a 4-5 year contract. He'd also just taken us to a Super Bowl in the greatest blaze of success the franchise had ever seen. He was beloved in the community and unquestionably one of the top leaders on our team.

Kyler has offered... next to none of that, and is literally under contract to play for us.
No difference at all. Both out for money. Warner was close to 40 & Murray is 24. Not supporting Murray’s extension is stupid beyond words.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Kyler elevated this team from the worst in the league to a playoff team.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Completely agree but keep in mind a few things.
Just my guess ! ! ! But Steve Keim got paid and is probably not to worried about anything else and might still be at a bar in Scottsdale buying rounds since he got his money.
As far as the people posting on this board goes. Some of them have never forgiven Kyler Murray for having the audacity to get drafted number 1 and replace Josh Rosen. So Nothing Murray does will ever be good enough. I'm guessing some (not all) of the Murray haters posting would Love to have the Cards trade Murray to the Falcons straight across for Josh Rosen, then sign Rosen to a 50 million dollar a year contract all guaranteed and change the team name to "The Chosen Rosens" smh.
Honestly though, NFL is a business where human beings are quite disposable so, I don't blame Kyler Murray for trying to get as much money as he can anymore than I blame the Cardinals trying to pay as little as possible...
Capitalism at it's best. I just hope it all works out..
I agree and I’ve said the same thing before concerning how this board rallied towards Rosen and was never this negative about Rosen even when he was playing trash. Now the board wants used goods Baker Mayfield over KM, like the lunacy what they type on their keyboards.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve asked around and I’m not at all certain that he makes more playing baseball. He’d likely start in an advanced A team and if he hits, me might get a taste of AA Year one. I’m sure his defense would be fine. Year two he would likely have to hit at AA the AAA in the second half of the year to get a late season call up. The MLB game has changed. It‘s about launch angle and bat speed. No one pays big money for a defensive center fielder who hits .270 with no power. He played very little college baseball. He was drafted based on his athletic projection. He’s 24, which makes him much older than than typical rookies. This does no bode well for big bucks.
Ahh. So he really doesn’t have baseball as an out.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree and I’ve said the same thing before concerning how this board rallied towards Rosen and was never this negative about Rosen even when he was playing trash. Now the board wants used goods Baker Mayfield over KM, like the lunacy what they type on their keyboards.
Hey V, It comes down to if, IF it were to come down to Kyler refusing to play, sitting out or is demands a trade then Mayfield would be an option.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
To be fair, Warner was a Free Agent and the Cards hadn't made him an offer, yet.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No difference at all. Both out for money. Warner was close to 40 & Murray is 24. Not supporting Murray’s extension is stupid beyond words.
Jameis Winston was 26 and Tom Brady was 43 when the Bucs made a change. It led to a championship. What's your point?

Kyler elevated this team from the worst in the league to a playoff team.
Over three years... and he did his best over the past two seasons to fade at the back end and provide us nothing.

I don't think anyone really wants Baker Mayfield, they just want out of this drama with a kid who has been taught his **** don't stink for years and are trying to think of a stopgap. Like, I 100% know Mayfield is not even an option here, but if Kyler is going to threaten to hold out at every possible opportunity, sulk on the sideline, and not check in on his most impactful defensive player when they get a major injury that clears both benches in prayer, buh bye.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kyler is acting like a little punk with nothing to stand on right now because he has latched his wagon to a total nerd chunky slim ball agent who thinks about the money before the sport because this guy does not have his dreams latched onto being a pro athlete. I cannot stand Kyler Murray right now, but by the same token he might be the best draft pick the Cards ever selected because we would all hope that following the natural progression of age he will mature. I wish the Cards in a unrealistic scenario would tell him that they will back the Brinks truck for him provided he dumps this agent and tell Kingbury the same

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Kyler is acting like a little punk with nothing to stand on right now because he has latched his wagon to a total nerd chunky slim ball agent who thinks about the money before the sport because this guy does not have his dreams latched onto being a pro athlete. I cannot stand Kyler Murray right now, but by the same token he might be the best draft pick the Cards ever selected because we would all hope that following the natural progression of age he will mature. I wish the Cards in a unrealistic scenario would tell him that they will back the Brinks truck for him provided he dumps this agent and tell Kingbury the same
Agreed, but who thinks he would do that?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You don't have to. Go back and read the national media article where he just "sees the field." Plus, you're trying to move the goal posts. This is a commentary on his maturation, or regression in maturation, as we fans observe it by watching his play. Can you with any seriousness argue he matured throughout the season, watching the games? Did his maturity look to be going to the right or wrong direction?

I'll wait.
Show one quote. One quote.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave