Murray's agent apparently broke off contact talks?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's the FOs job to make an offer to Kyler. Not to accept an offer from the agent.

Burkhardt's offer wasn't worth the paper it was written on so it makes no difference if he pulled it or not.

Frankly Burkhardt is making himself seem like the low rent "ambulance chaser" kind of agent with these cheap shots and leaks. Real amateur stuff.

FO probably making them wait because of all this crap more than anything else.
I don’t disagree with your characterization of burkhardt, but can you fill the rest of us in on what the offer was? did I miss that somewhere?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don’t disagree with your characterization of burkhardt, but can you fill the rest of us in on what the offer was? did I miss that somewhere?
We can only guess Ouchie, and you are right that Brit should not state his observations as truth, but I think we can probably all agree he, or his agent, wants something which does not match what he has shown so far making it hard to sit down at the table with him

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Chiefs drafted before the cardinals? Oh, no, they had the 27th pick. They traded up to get him. I guess the cardinals were not allowed to do that . . . ?
Not really intending to back Vacard's point, but as I've argued multiple times on this board, giving up more than the Chiefs were offering to move up one slot on a guy with a lot of questions would have been a bad choice at the time.

But I feel like I'll be having this discussion until Mahomes and Watson retire, if not longer.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
EXACTLY! People on this board get ridiculous. Murray will get extended. It’s VERY early in the process. Let‘s just calm down, watch the draft, sign some more FA’s & all will be well. Murray isn’t going anywhere.
If your last assertion is right, can we promise that's a good thing?

I genuinely, honestly, think extending him right now would be a mistake. The kid reeks of wanting things handed to him. We can hand him a bunch of guaranteed money... is he going to recognize that and put in the extra work that he seems reticent to give?

Edit: 10,000 posts! Just under the wire for my 20th anniversary here, too!

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Not really intending to back Vacard's point, but as I've argued multiple times on this board, giving up more than the Chiefs were offering to move up one slot on a guy with a lot of questions would have been a bad choice at the time.

But I feel like I'll be having this discussion until Mahomes and Watson retire, if not longer.
Hindsight is 20/20... you're right

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is why the NFL is king. We all talk about this as if it's a real thing. Kyler will be under center for the Cards for a long time.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
All I’ve seen is highlights. But hey I remember when Brady would never make it.
Ya I was forced to watch him all season as I have few best buds that are Cinci Alums. Even the Cinci FanBoyz are laughing at these draft projections for him. Combine warrior athletically and interview wise… guy struggles on accuracy on a 10 yard out let alone any consistency series to series.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We can only guess Ouchie, and you are right that Brit should not state his observations as truth, but I think we can probably all agree he, or his agent, wants something which does not match what he has shown so far making it hard to sit down at the table with him
I look at it like this. Was Josh Allen better his 1st 3 years than Kyler? I don't think so. His 3rd year was better than of Kyler's years. However, overall I'd say Kyler was just better for his duration. And Buffalo was a playoff team that traded up for him. Not the disaster the Cardinals were. Not to mention playing a much weaker division.

So its really not about whats proven. Its more about whether he's peaked or not.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I look at it like this. Was Josh Allen better his 1st 3 years than Kyler? I don't think so. His 3rd year was better than of Kyler's years. However, overall I'd say Kyler was just flat out better for his duration. And Buffalo was a playoff team that traded up for him. Not the disaster the Cardinals were.

So its really not about whats proven. Its more about whether he's peaked or not.
It's about risk which all this is and if Kyler is what his agent is preaching, then he should not worry about getting this done on a reasonable timetable before the season starts at the very soonest and not before the draft

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This.

Im also starting to think they really believe next year they'll be a middling team.

So either Kyler's value tanks cause they don't win enough and get him cheaper. Or Kyler plays at an MVP level (an entire year) where he carries the roster well above where they should be at. Then well whatever he's paid he's earned.
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's about risk which all this is and if Kyler is what his agent is preaching, then he should not worry about getting this done on a reasonable timetable before the season starts at the very soonest and not before the draft
His agent is a clear scum bag. However, they seem to fully believe the Cards are going to try to skate by without an extension.

And all it takes is one Baker Mayfield shoulder injury to totally kill your value. Trends get set every year. Hypothetically the Cards could have been the first to get a 3rd year QB deal done in the spring. Just like the Browns were willing to give Deshaun Watson the 1st mega fully guaranteed contract.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would be wrong. It's being well reported on 98.7 that Murray's agent offered a contract based on Mahomes and Allen's contract. The Cardinals sat on it, the new deals came in and they yanked it because it was now below market
And Watson, I believe.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’d be more interested in a QB next year if a change was made. I don’t really like Mayfield, the appeal is he would be a decent place holder and a buy low option. If he balls out with a change of setting and with a chip on his shoulder great. If not , use some of the draft capital to get one next year in a deep QB draft.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s also risky (and potentially irresponsible) to give a QB $50/mil+ per year who always has nagging injuries and plays like Blaine Gabbert to finish off seasons.
Ouch. That's an insult to Gabbert. I think Gabbert could have gotten us into the playoffs two years ago and maybe even won a playoff-clinching game this past season.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Two things that stand out to me and I feel are telling(I don’t know **** though, ask my wife):

1. AJ Green was brought back and I don’t feel like he and Kyler get along(again strait up my thoughts and I don’t know anything).

2. They spent time with multiple QBs including Willis. Why Willis when he’s a first round QB and seen by many as the first QB off the board.

Could be nothing but those items do stand out in my opinion.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why the NFL is king. We all talk about this as if it's a real thing. Kyler will be under center for the Cards for a long time.
Kyler under center?

I think you meant to say "playing from the shotgun for the Cards for a long time."

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lol, no you don’t.
This is a funny back and forth, but Gabbert (as a backup) two years ago very well could have won that game against the rams and their backup. This last year , I don’t really see the argument since we were in the playoffs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave