Murray's agent apparently broke off contact talks?

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim could make a mockery of it, I agree. But, thinking positive, and in a perfect world, just hire a retired ex-GM famous for his drafting skill to advice us on a draft like this.

As far as Murray is concerned, I have no faith in him whatsoever right now. But while other teams do, I personally would get as much of a haul for him as I could right now.
I think y’all got to live in reality. There’s no “consultant”, no Denny Green (rip) or Ron Wolf to come in and help us draft. It’s Keim. And we got 6 more years of his drafting.

Two I don’t care about the haul, for one it’s Keim with the picks and two there’s no qb that will be better then Murray right now. None. And no one is going to give up their franchise qb.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I like Willis, but no way. You finally draft a high level pass rusher or finally get a high level offensive line prospect for the next QB.

Better off just waiting on Corral or Ridder with the 2nd round pick.
Nay, you get rid of him and draft Pickett. I've been calling my shot with him for a while now. That's if you trade KM for a haul, and only then.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
This doesn’t happen if the Cards are actually NEGOTIATING with Kyler’s people.

$200 million contracts aren’t done overnight, and they’re not done by August if the negotiations don’t start in May. The agent is clearly communicating that it’s not for lack of trying on his side that negotiations aren’t moving forward.
I have no confidence in his agent.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Please, don't remind me. Let's not compound mistakes with more mistakes, though.
Rams proved they could get off of Goff's contract (although I think they did have pay some of his salary). Eagles proved they could get off of Wentz's contract.

If it doesn't work good teams can find ways to get off bad QB deals and still be successful.

Once you commit to Kliff and Keim you've committed to Kyler essentially. This would be a different deal if they were fired at the end of the year or simply not given a new contract as well.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't believe that for a minute. My take is actually completely the opposite. I have no doubt in my mind KM is delusional and thinks he's the best QB i the league. We've read how transcendent he thinks he is. I think the offer was to make him the highest paid player in the league, and they got pissy when we (quite rightly) laughed them out of the room.

Of course, all of this is speculation. I don't know any more than you do, and neither of us really know anything.

You would be wrong. It's being well reported on 98.7 that Murray's agent offered a contract based on Mahomes and Allen's contract. The Cardinals sat on it, the new deals came in and they yanked it because it was now below market

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
/
Is Kyler equal to Mahomes and Allen?

I explained all of this in the financial thread. There is a huge cap increase coming and those two contracts will be steals.

This is why guys are getting mid 40s to 50s now.

It's basic math but a subset of this board lives with their heads up their asses

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Makes sense since the market moved.

So we have rumors by an industry that spreads rumors that he'll sit out.
Maybe, maybe not.
Maybe it never gets to such a decision point.

Not worried.
Just disappointed, as Chris said, that we knew this was coming, and Keim waited for the new tax to kick in.

Even worse, there's no "we were busy in free agency and re-signing our own" excuse since we didn't do either.

That's the imo more likely outcome. We keep Kyler, but will be able to afford one less decent player (slot) in any given year for the duration of the contract. Maybe two if we keep waiting.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Kyler equal to Mahomes and Allen?

Is Murray guaranteed more than either of those QBs now in his year 5 option because of the new contracts?

Yes

I assume you are someone who understands the collective bargaining agreement and the math behind it and already knew this

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is an attack on posters, not their post. Based on the board rules, you should ban yourself.

Nah. I have been 100% right on this. I have carefully explained it. I have done the research. I have the receipts

If you still don't get it you are being deliberately obtuse and your head is firmly placed in the sand at minimum

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am not sure how to tag all the quotes here so bare with me on a couple of questions:

1. If the Cards mismanaged the situation by not taking the so called below market deal then we could argue his agent mismanaged it by offering it correct?

2. We believe in everything 98.7 reports now?

3. Even if we do you really think we should be signing Kyler to a contract similar to Mahomes or Allen?

4. Is calling other posters names for having a different opinion the right way to handle your frustration?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again Outcent, he is automatically making more money than them with his year 5 option now so the comparison doesn't matter. He is guaranteed more money than they make.

As I predicted and explained at length.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave