Laugh if you want…

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at the draft order there are 3 teams that would probably dig the thought of trading for Kyler.
The Falcons, Texans and maybe even the Jets or Giants.
No doubt we could get a boat load of picks in return.

Rather than watch Kyler sit out or get a 50m dollar deal at this point I would welcome a trade.

I would be happy to bring a guy like Mayfield here who played with a bad knee AND a dislocated shoulder. With the extra picks we could load up and surround him with a better O- line and weapons.

Mayfield in Kingsbury’s offense could flourish.

Please keep in mind when given the choice of Kyler holding out, Kyler walking away or paying Kyler 50 M at this point, I would trade him.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I would think Detroit would have to consider it as well. Trade Kyler, bring in Baker, draft a pass rusher at #2 overall plus build some extra draft capital. Can’t see it happening, but stranger things have been discussed.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Looking at the draft order there are 3 teams that would probably dig the thought of trading for Kyler.

Rather than watch Kyler sit out or get a 50m dollar deal at this point I would welcome a trade.

I would be happy to bring a guy like Mayfield here who played with a bad knee AND a dislocated shoulder. With the extra picks we could load up and surround him with a better O- line and weapons.

Please keep in mind when given the choice of Kyler holding out, Kyler walking away or paying Kyler 50 M at this point, I would trade him.
Any trade with Jets or Giants would include Zach Wilson or Daniel Jones coming to AZ. Texans would likely send their starter (can't remember his name) back, too.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

They don’t get along.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think Detroit would have to consider it as well. Trade Kyler, bring in Baker, draft a pass rusher at #2 overall plus build some extra draft capital. Can’t see it happening, but stranger things have been discussed.
It won’t happen because we have a dumb butt ( notice I didn’t curse lol) for a GM.
Kliff knows Baker and Baker knows Kliff.
The chances are way better that Kyler holds out or walks away and plays baseball. I actually get Kyler’s point of not wanting to play for 5m this year.

However, I can’t justify paying him 200m for the next 4 years either.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought about most of those teams but the Falcons have virtually nothing at WR right now so I can't see Kyler wanting to go there. Same with the Texans. The Giants and Jets maybe a bit better but not much. Detroit actually does make some sense they have some guys. Even Carolina which apparently was a big player for others they are not exactly loaded at WR and their best offensive player, CMC, is very injury prone. I'm sure Kyler wants a new contract but I don't think he's going to force a trade to a team that has nothing in place around him.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought about most of those teams but the Falcons have virtually nothing at WR right now so I can't see Kyler wanting to go there. Same with the Texans. The Giants and Jets maybe a bit better but not much. Detroit actually does make some sense they have some guys. Even Carolina which apparently was a big player for others they are not exactly loaded at WR and their best offensive player, CMC, is very injury prone. I'm sure Kyler wants a new contract but I don't think he's going to force a trade to a team that has nothing in place around him.
It’s about $$$. A contract would have to be worked out before a trade and if any of those teams offered him 200m he’d leave in a heartbeat.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Houston makes a lot of sense from both sides. They have the extra picks over the next few years and Kyler would probably welcome playing in Houston. Probably get Mayfield for a late pick . Wouldn’t be against it, it’s just frustrating that it’s even an issue at this point.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mayfield is awful.

If you are going to trade Murray, something I am not in favor of, you have to use the picks to pick good position players, and plan on picking a new starting qb in future drafts.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s about $$$. A contract would have to be worked out before a trade and if any of those teams offered him 200m he’d leave in a heartbeat.

I do think he would go to the highest bidder as well unless the numbers are close.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, let’s bring in Baker Mayfield.

A guy that everyone & their mothers watched held back a great supporting cast on paper that Kyler & even other QBs can dream of having.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OK but why would a competitive guy want to go to a team that has no WR talent for him to throw to? Their starting WR's right now are Auden Tate, Damiere Byrd(ha) and Zacchaeus Olamide(probably spelled wrong). They have Pitts at TE and very little else. Not a very good OL group either it appears. That's the Falcons the others are not a whole lot better.

It was apparent from the letter they sent their intent is not to take a ton of money and make it impossible for the team to put talent around him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Houston at least has Cooks but not much else. It's Texas that's the only lure for Kyler to go there. Miami would make a ton of sense and they have draft picks but they don't have a QB that really excites me I don't really want Tua.

Edit they don't have picks they used them to get Tyreek Hill. Scratch them

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The decision to start over was erased the minute Keim signed that extension.
It sure feels like we're calling this season a lost cause, but trusting Keim and Kliff to start that process next year. I dunno.

Financially, I think we get out of the woods next year, of course depending on Kyler's maybe extension, and the fact that we have next to zero young talent because of terrible drafts, but the cap should go up, and I think our voidable years end then... might be missing JJ Watt's voidables.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It won’t happen because we have a dumb butt ( notice I didn’t curse lol) for a GM.
Kliff knows Baker and Baker knows Kliff.
The chances are way better that Kyler holds out or walks away and plays baseball. I actually get Kyler’s point of not wanting to play for 5m this year.

However, I can’t justify paying him 200m for the next 4 years either.

Yeah, I can really imagine KM holding out or riding the buses in minor league ball. And the only person in the whole wide world who'll have to 'justify' KM's next contract is Mikey B. and that's to his family and no one else.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Houston makes a lot of sense from both sides. They have the extra picks over the next few years and Kyler would probably welcome playing in Houston. Probably get Mayfield for a late pick . Wouldn’t be against it, it’s just frustrating that it’s even an issue at this point.

Issue to whom?