The XFL is coming back!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, probably the worst person to run this is Vince McMahon. Nobody is going to take the league seriously.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, probably the worst person to run this is Vince McMahon. Nobody is going to take the league seriously.

He added that there would be no crossover of WWE talent into the league and that he would not be the frontman of the new league as he was with the original. He went on to say that XFL games would have a faster pace and his goal was to get them to two hours.

I guess he could still be running it, "frontman" could just be the face of the league.

OP
OP
cardpa

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
He was involved in the first attempt at this and from what I understand they did well until they decided to go head to head with the NFL. That was their downfall from what I could gather.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess he could still be running it, "frontman" could just be the face of the league.

Which is a problem. People will think he is building a "WWE" league or spectacle instead of serious run at football. The second you see gimmicky or hokey rules you better believe it's his signature and people will dismiss the entire thing.

There have been some good attempts like USFL and WFL. All other tries have been a joke with gimmicky rules.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Which is a problem. People will think he is building a "WWE" league or spectacle instead of serious run at football. The second you see gimmicky or hokey rules you better believe it's his signature and people will dismiss the entire thing.

There have been some good attempts like USFL and WFL. All other tries have been a joke with gimmicky rules.
The USFL was rather successful until they moved their season to coincide with the NFL season. The XFL will start late Jan / early Feb

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why would anyone invest in this?
We saw what a second rate pro football team looks like during the strike season, I'd rather watch WNBA.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Awesome
More football is never a bad thing.

Sent from the International Space Station using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
My buddy and I drove up from San Diego for the original championship game...The Big Game At The End.

It was awesome! Tommy Maddox running around with that trophy, like he owned LA sports...hahahahaha...what a fun memory.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would anyone invest in this?
We saw what a second rate pro football team looks like during the strike season, I'd rather watch WNBA.
Lmao love the family guy bit on wnba one guy in the stands cheers after a made layup score was 4 to 2 lol

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will likely fold....AGAIN. It's sort of like 3D....it gets better each iteration but the excitement is only ever temporary. I hope it makes it but I am not counting on it. I am still a proponent of the NFL having a "minor league" system again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave