Arizona Diamondbacks @ Houston Astros series thread. April 12-April 13, 2022

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
the organization should cut their losses with Gallen, dude is perpetually hurt. We have a tendency to draft and trade for playoffs who are perpetually hurt.

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
The Diamondbacks were hitting .129 as a team going into tonight's game.

And that's gone down as they're 2 for 17 so far.....

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This could be the worst hitting Diamondbacks team ever.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol, we sac bunted from 1st to 2nd in the 9th.

Good to know the managers are as bad as the players.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
lol, we sac bunted from 1st to 2nd in the 9th.

Good to know the managers are as bad as the players.

Takes away the chance at a double play and moves the runner up. How was that a bad call?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Takes away the chance at a double play and moves the runner up. How was that a bad call?

Because you only have 3 outs left and you HAVE to get a hit. You don't give away outs in baseball, there is a reason virtually no one bunts anymore. I bet our odds to tie the game up dropped by about 50% after that "successful" play.

If you are bunting to get a hit, that is one thing but sacrifice bunts are self defeating, especially when you're a team who only is getting about 4 hits per game so far.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Because you only have 3 outs left and you HAVE to get a hit. You don't give away outs in baseball, there is a reason virtually no one bunts anymore. I bet our odds to tie the game up dropped by about 50% after that "successful" play.

If you are bunting to get a hit, that is one thing but sacrifice bunts are self defeating, especially when you're a team who only is getting about 4 hits per game so far.
Well, different ways to look at it, I guess. One single should score a run, instead of two singles or an extra base hit. More of an old school thinking. I don’t know the odds or percentages. Would you be saying the same thing if the bunter had hit into a double play, or with two outs and the runner still on first, the batter gets a single, and he does not score?

:shrug::bang: