G Will Hernandez visiting - now SIGNED

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Objectivity is lost a bit on some posters here.

My view is that Keim is a mixed bag. I think he doesn't get enough out of draft picks, but he often hits on retread veterans.

In sports, you are your record. What doesn't jive, is the talk that Keim "sucks". I don't think Keim sucks per se. As you have stated, he has a winning record as GM! It's a complete farce to use the term "sucks". Could the Cardinals be better? Absolutely. Are their better personnel guys out there? Absolutely. I have followed this team from the Buddy Ryan era on and Keim is hands down the best top guy they've had. Kingsbury is the second best coach. Kyler could be the best QB they've had (he's young and might grow into being the best). Kyler is the most dynamic player I've seen on the Cardinals.

The end of last season sucked, but the Cardinals were in the bottom ten in injuries (meaning one of the most injured teams). And before people jump on this comment, a number of those injuries were to players like Hopkins who don't have the injury prone label. Kyler was inconsistent down the stretch as well. It's hard to win when your QB is playing poorly AND you have substantial injuries.

Another issue to consider is that the Cardinals seem to have a slightly frugal, but not cheap business model. Next season they will clear the books of a ton of salary and will be able to retool the roster significantly. They aren't in a terrible spot long term; they have stability at QB and HC, and will be able to add pieces in the upcoming seasons.
You do understand the incredible imbalance on the scale with this comment, right:

“I think he doesn't get enough out of draft picks, but he often hits on retread veterans.”

Also, you think kliff is #2? You don’t place him behind both Arians and whis at this point?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You do understand the incredible imbalance on the scale with this comment, right:

“I think he doesn't get enough out of draft picks, but he often hits on retread veterans.”

Also, you think kliff is #2? You don’t place him behind both Arians and whis at this point?
YEa Whiz is without a doubt ahead of KK at this point.

Reaction score
Eh we’re all fowl. Some chicken littles and others ostriches.
Lol, this reminds of an interview of a hillbilly redneck that was caught fighting roosters. The guys argument was against PETA & said he doesn't know why they are all upset. He said ''a chicken ain't an animal, it's a fowl!''.

I guess you had to see it but it was funnier than hell. He actually believed it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Again I think it’s because you’re miscasting the perception. Last offseason we didn’t think we had a gaping hole at guard. We were hopeful murray would be the answer or jones would be the answer. So winters was viewed solely as depth. Well murray proved unreliable and jones stunk. So now we know we aren’t just bringing hernandez in as depth. We are under the impression that he might be keims solution. And he hasn’t been good for a couple years. So until it’s proven that he’s just depth comparing reactions to signing him and winters is comparing apples (depth) and oranges (starter).
It isn't a gaping hole either. Define gaping hole.

My definition of gaping hole when used in sports parlance is that you don't really know who will start in a position, or it's a terrible weakness.

Even with Murray/Jones, I don't think RG is a "gaping hole". I would categorize it as a weakness, but it's not like the Cardinals are throwing D'Anthony Baptiste there either.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

My definition of gaping hole when used in sports parlance is that you don't really know who will start in a position, or it's a terrible weakness.

Even with Murray/Jones, I don't think RG is a "gaping hole". I would categorize it as a weakness, but it's not like the Cardinals are throwing D'Anthony Baptiste there either.
I consider it a terrible weakness, and thus a gaping hole. We had serious problems giving up pressure in the interior line, and we have done nothing significant to change that. Unless you're comfy with having all those jail breaks up the middle, or think adding Hernandez significantly aids our ability to handle Donald, say, wouldn't you consider it a terrible weakness?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I consider it a terrible weakness, and thus a gaping hole. We had serious problems giving up pressure in the interior line, and we have done nothing significant to change that. Unless you're comfy with having all those jail breaks up the middle, or think adding Hernandez significantly aids our ability to handle Donald, say, wouldn't you consider it a terrible weakness?

I guess that first Rams game where we owned them didn't happen.

Its not a gaping hole. It was a sporadic issue. For the large part and for the vast majority of games it was perfectly fine.

Possibly the only game it was a major issue was the playoff game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Jones’ showing at guard was baptiste-esque. Murray was . . . not playing. That’s a hole and a terrible weakness.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hernandez’ toughness should save us! Y’know, the type of toughness where he instigates an altercation after he gets whooped?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I guess that first Rams game where we owned them didn't happen.

Its not a gaping hole. It was a sporadic issue. For the large part and for the vast majority of games it was perfectly fine.

Possibly the only game it was a major issue was the playoff game.
Bro the Cardinals were 6-11 last year.

Bottom ten offense and defense.

The line led the league in sacks given up.

NOT!

If you removed context and read some of the nonsense on here this is what you'd think.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Objectivity is lost a bit on some posters here.

My view is that Keim is a mixed bag. I think he doesn't get enough out of draft picks, but he often hits on retread veterans.

In sports, you are your record. What doesn't jive, is the talk that Keim "sucks". I don't think Keim sucks per se. As you have stated, he has a winning record as GM! It's a complete farce to use the term "sucks". Could the Cardinals be better? Absolutely. Are their better personnel guys out there? Absolutely. I have followed this team from the Buddy Ryan era on and Keim is hands down the best top guy they've had. Kingsbury is the second best coach. Kyler could be the best QB they've had (he's young and might grow into being the best). Kyler is the most dynamic player I've seen on the Cardinals.

The end of last season sucked, but the Cardinals were in the bottom ten in injuries (meaning one of the most injured teams). And before people jump on this comment, a number of those injuries were to players like Hopkins who don't have the injury prone label. Kyler was inconsistent down the stretch as well. It's hard to win when your QB is playing poorly AND you have substantial injuries.

Another issue to consider is that the Cardinals seem to have a slightly frugal, but not cheap business model. Next season they will clear the books of a ton of salary and will be able to retool the roster significantly. They aren't in a terrible spot long term; they have stability at QB and HC, and will be able to add pieces in the upcoming seasons.
This mirrors my view. Keim isn't a moron or a genius, just a solid GM who has done some very good things, e.g., the Chandler Jones and Dhop trades. But his draft record is not good especially with first round picks. That needs to improve for the Cardinals to be competitive over the long term.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The issue, IMO, is there isn't really an argument that our offensive line has been improved. So, at best, we are the same. Last year our offensive line was, at best, average. With that "average" offensive line Kyler got injured again and we struggled to be productive on offense at the end of the year (QB pressure was an issue).

So, we have seen where this quality of offensive line gets OUR team and OUR QB. Running it back and expecting a different result is just naïve.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave