Bills announce 30-year deal for new $1.4B stadium

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Never being inside it but that stadium from the outside was disgusting and ancient so was needed shame the tax payers of their state are paying 850M of it

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Taxpayers should not have paid a penny. They are paying 61% of the costs...and oh by the way...ticket prices will increase.

The NFL is paying 200M...the Bills 350M...and the TAXPAYER 850M.

The Bills are worth an estimated 2.27 Billion....with the old stadium. Their owner is the 8th richest owner in the NFL

The NFL hands out about 285 million per team/per year from national revenue.

My point is...its absolutely Ludacris that the taxpayer should be on the hook for any of this. The NFL could have financed this 30 year stadium plan entirely...for 50 million per year and simply deducted that 50 million from what the Bills were given in league revenue. The Bills still would have operated at a profit for the entire 30 years...their value would have massively increased, etc.

I am the biggest football fan there is, and I love the Cardinals....but I am firmly in the camp that taxpayers should NEVER be paying for a stadium when the NFL is raking in money.

NFL build the stadium...the city/tax payer can figure out the extra stop lights or freeway exit...or the extra cops needed those nights...those kinds of thing.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Taxpayers should not have paid a penny. They are paying 61% of the costs...and oh by the way...ticket prices will increase.

The NFL is paying 200M...the Bills 350M...and the TAXPAYER 850M.

The Bills are worth an estimated 2.27 Billion....with the old stadium. Their owner is the 8th richest owner in the NFL

The NFL hands out about 285 million per team/per year from national revenue.

My point is...its absolutely Ludacris that the taxpayer should be on the hook for any of this. The NFL could have financed this 30 year stadium plan entirely...for 50 million per year and simply deducted that 50 million from what the Bills were given in league revenue. The Bills still would have operated at a profit for the entire 30 years...their value would have massively increased, etc.

I am the biggest football fan there is, and I love the Cardinals....but I am firmly in the camp that taxpayers should NEVER be paying for a stadium when the NFL is raking in money.

NFL build the stadium...the city/tax payer can figure out the extra stop lights or freeway exit...or the extra cops needed those nights...those kinds of thing.
Agree.
The city should be getting a portion of the net profit in line with their initial investment.

Generated tax revenue will never pay that money back. Plus, they can bring in other businesses with just incentives.
This is just politicians gifting a billion in tax dollars.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sorry to rant, but again I just cannot believe they are swindling the taxpayer out of 850 million dollars.

Between the NFL, the Bills Organization, sports books, hotels, restaurants, etc....all the corporate crap that will be all over that place...they couldn't come up with 850 million bucks over 30 years?

So the taxpayer pays to build the parking lot...then the Bills get to pocket 50 bucks per car...and get paid when they make it the Budweiser Lot or some crap like that. Think of what 850 million dollars could do to the infrastructure of a city like orchard park. This crap makes me sick. No other private business that I can think of gets away with taking taxpayer money like this. It's not like the city will own the stadium either...the Bills and the NFL will have complete control of it.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Titans are about to build a new billion dollars stadium too. My son is one of the engineers that may be building it
Ridiculous. Only opened in 1999. SMH. Saw the Leinart vs. Young game there in 2009.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think these tax incentives/reduced rent deals should be taxable income to the clubs

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think seats wear out and restrooms have to be redone plus updating scoreboards and other electronic doo dads
For $1.2 Billion? Insane.

Hopefully it’s just not the taxpayers of Davidson County forking the majority this time let some of the leeches in the surrounding counties pay their share to

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think these tax incentives/reduced rent deals should be taxable income to the clubs
If they want to offer incentives for a team/nfl to invest the FULL cost of the stadium, I think that's great. It does bring jobs and revenue. They should never ask taxpayers, most of whom never have been fans..to foot the bill.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose