Arizona Cardinals have interest in bringing WR A.J. Green back

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Julio easily.

But either way we need to draft a guy in the first round and whichever old player we sign will need to be a part time player.
No, that vet needs to be a consistent contributor and Green was that and maybe Jones can still be that but not what I have seen of him lately... that young guy needs then his splash moments but unless you get a guy like Chase, you cannot depend on a rookie when it counts, in my opinion Chase is a Randy Moss type which is not typical in the draft

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No, that vet needs to be a consistent contributor and Green was that and maybe Jones can still be that but not what I have seen of him lately... that young guy needs then his splash moments but unless you get a guy like Chase, you cannot depend on a rookie when it counts, in my opinion Chase is a Randy Moss type which is not typical in the draft
Justin Jefferson in the draft before that

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Julio easy???? Clearly you haven’t watch him play lately
I would take Green too. From the games I have watched Julio played of late, you would not have to worry about him making some of Green's miscues because he appears not even to be able to get to the right place to be put in that position

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the "AJ Green can't separate any more" people

via NGS his average separation was 2.5 yards.

Comparisons

Deandre Hopkins - 2.8
DJ Moore - 2.7
Stefon Diggs- 2.7
Mike Evans - 2.7
DK Metcalf - 2.6
Courtland Sutton - 2.6
OBJ - 2.6
Amari Cooper - 2.5
Mike Williams - 2.5
Terry McLaurin 2.5
Julio Jones - 2.4
Michael Gallup - 2.4
MVS - 2.4
Tee Higgins - 2.3
Allen Robinson - 1.9
Kenny Golladay - 1.7

OK but AJ is doing that against single coverage from a 2 or 3 CB. D Hop is doing that against double coverage, #1 CB etc.

I watched the Titans game the other day, NFL net had it on. Same thing a couple of plays he comes off the LOS wide open, beats his man and then they catch up. I think Kyler got one to him the other one was broken up and I think they called a hold on us or something.

For the Kyler can't do anything if it's not perfect crowd, that was the game where basically the entire first half was holding, false start, ineligible receiver downfield. We had 2 WR's called for illegal blocks, Green ran a pattern and ran straight into Kirk. There was a penalty on 3 consecutive plays once. ANd yet we still were moving the ball downfield against a playoff team with a healthy defense(their offense wasn't 100%) with ease other than the penalties.

It was amazing how much better we looked then with Hop and Maxx and both RB's. IF the OL and WR's hadn't been getting so many penalties we would have put up 30 points in the first half of that game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Julio easily.

But either way we need to draft a guy in the first round and whichever old player we sign will need to be a part time player.

hard to say, last year Jones had both Covid and a lingering hammy injury. He played 9 or 10 games but was very marginal at best. Green was much better last year.

If Julio is healthy, for his age, then yeah he's better.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
hard to say, last year Jones had both Covid and a lingering hammy injury. He played 9 or 10 games but was very marginal at best. Green was much better last year.

If Julio is healthy, for his age, then yeah he's better.
I'd bring AJ back if he wanted to come back and was agreeable to around what he made last year.

The grass is always greener.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Packers are needs for WRs as well, and the pool is a bit dry. not sure how this all plays out considering bob mcmanaman said he expects the cards to address WR2 BEFORE the draft...

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And he's back

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to see the contract numbers.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This iis what I'm hoping it's looking like right now

WR1 Hopkins
WR2 TBD
SLOT Moore
WR 4/5 Green/Wesley

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads