Don’t Despair

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Name a top viewed Young QB having success w less help.. certainly not any of these guys;

Mahomes, Lamar, Josh Allen, Herbert, Burrow, Dak, (Heck even T-Law is getting A LOT more help this year).
Lamar could def be argued he’s had less help. His offensive supporting cast is kind of meager TBH. TE is about it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm. No mention of the injuries the 49ers had when we played them, but we sucked when Hopkins went down.

I mean, we beat them in their own yard without Kyler, Nuk and Edmonds. That's why I didn't mention it.

But by all means keep looking for every opportunity to put the franchise down.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lamar could def be argued he’s had less help. His offensive supporting cast is kind of meager TBH. TE is about it.
Agreed. He was the guy that made me think too. Mediocre RBs and WRs. Good TE and solid line.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not even close.. Lamar walked on to a playoff ready roster. On the better Olines every year. Hollywood Brown is no slouch to go along w a top 3 TE in Andrews. Tons of quality RBs over the years.. Besides that the offense was 100% constructed around what he can and can not do. Giving Lamar someone like a Hopkins or Devante Adams would be a waste. His competition % hasn’t got better because he has gotten better as a thrower, but because Baltimore has constructed the offense and play calling around what he CAN do.. Great coaching!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think under this current infrastructure & regime, Kyler can lead this organization to a SB.

I think there are too many holes & negative aspects of the organization for that to happen.

The Bengals just played in the superbowl with a HC that was favorite to be fired first, one of the worst owner/GMs in the league and 150/1 SB odds at the start of the season.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. He was the guy that made me think too. Mediocre RBs and WRs. Good TE and solid line.
I don’t think mediocre RBs is really a hinderance like that, especially when you have a solid line. The reigning SB champs just proved that, tbh. Which makes all the more reason to frown at stupidly resigning Conner.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Do you today think that Kyler can take this team to a SB and win it? Do you think after what you’ve seen with his epic collapse and complete panic he displays on the field that he’s literally THAT GUY? His stats and occasional spectacular play aside I agree probably top 15 sure. But is he a champion?
Not win a Super Bowl but I think he could probably take a talented enough team to one. That is why this offseason in frustrating for me. Kyler isn't good enough to do it without a stacked roster and that opportunity is being wasted.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, we beat them in their own yard without Kyler, Nuk and Edmonds. That's why I didn't mention it.

But by all means keep looking for every opportunity to put the franchise down.
Brit, I’m not anti cardinals. I turned out to be right about the Watts signing when most thought it was the leadership answer we needed. He lasted 7 games. I felt the same way about Green. You’ll say he had a good year. It was adequate but he was not a dynamic threat.
Step into 2022. We lost Kirk( I don’t care), Edmonds ( I will care but think he is replaceable), Jones ( I very much care until his replacement is found).
We signed are own players. Okay, but should we rage about a great job to be able to do that?
We’ve done nothing in 2022. We actually took a step back. You’ll be happy to sign Green again. I won’t and neither will a lot of us. I would have rather signed a kid like Pringle who would have add much needed speed.
It’s not all about what s player did last year. It didn’t have to be Schuester or Robinson. Hell I’d be happy to sign Scantling. Crazy huh? But wouldn’t it be nice if he turned out our 4 th Wr?

You keep pumping up the crowd with your wait it’s still early. You may not believe it but I hope you’re right.

I’m not falling for the abracadabra act that Keim throws at us year after a year. The proof will be when Vegas comes out with their over/ under wins this year.

Of course, what do they know?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure this team was without Kyler, Hopkins, Hudson, Watt and was rotating their players on the OL. Yet still went on the road and beat SF by two TDs. I’m pretty sure those losses trump Deebo and Kittle but that’s just me.
Okay. Awesome. What did they do 5 of the last 6 games?
Hey look. I know Hopkins was a big blow to this offense. But Keim believed Kirk and Green was enough. It wasn’t.
Keim still has to step up, Kliff has to really step up and Kyler REALLY has to step up.
Of course it really doesn’t matter. They’re getting paid for the next 6 years. Kyler will too, it just hasn’t happen yet.
Forget last year. It doesn’t matter . We were one of 31 other teams that didn’t get the brass ring. Saying we weren’t as bad as some or we were great SOMETIMES doesn’t hold any water.
And now there seems to be more holes in the sieve.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not even close.. Lamar walked on to a playoff ready roster. On the better Olines every year. Hollywood Brown is no slouch to go along w a top 3 TE in Andrews. Tons of quality RBs over the years.. Besides that the offense was 100% constructed around what he can and can not do. Giving Lamar someone like a Hopkins or Devante Adams would be a waste. His competition % hasn’t got better because he has gotten better as a thrower, but because Baltimore has constructed the offense and play calling around what he CAN do.. Great coaching!
Hopkins >>> hollywood
Andrews > ertz
RBs equal, if not favor cards duo last year
Oline big favor to ravens

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t think mediocre RBs is really a hinderance like that, especially when you have a solid line. The reigning SB champs just proved that, tbh. Which makes all the more reason to frown at stupidly resigning Conner.
Wasn’t commenting on whether it was a hinderance or not. Just comparing weapons.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not yet.
But Champions are made. Not born.

Matt Stafford wasn't a champion. Didn't win in the playoffs. Until he did.

Peyton Manning...quite possibly the most complete quarterback of all time choked in the playoffs. Until he didn't.

I believe kyler Murray is a competitor and if he has any self awareness or strength of character at all he is embarrassed by his performance in the playoffs.
For any competitor the greatest challenge they face is the man in the mirror. They either lose to him, defeat him, or make peace with him.

For Kyler, imo he needs to accept that while the people in his camp have done a great job in getting him to this point,... in order to advance as a player he has to thank them and move on.
Yeah, but think about it for a while. This means that doing everything you possibly can doesn't mean you're destined to win in the playoffs. Peyton Manning was the complete QB that absolutely, positively maximized his preparations and STILL COULDN'T WIN for most of his career. Now take a step back and compare that to a whiny brat of a kid who NEVER does all he can to prepare. Why in the world would we expect THAT QB to EVER have a shot? Unless this kid undergoes a complete 180 in approach, he'll never be anything more than a flash in the pan that puts up gaudy stats. I hear a lot about "he's immature and just needs to grow up" like it's easy or a common thing. Most players suffering this level of cognitive dissonance never have the light bulb go on. We're not talking about a high probability here. We only need one of the most inexcusably arrogant players in the league to suddenly get it. Not a big ask at all :sarcasm:

Sorry, @oaken1, not trying to snap your head off. Just got rolling and couldn't stop :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not win a Super Bowl but I think he could probably take a talented enough team to one. That is why this offseason in frustrating for me. Kyler isn't good enough to do it without a stacked roster and that opportunity is being wasted.

If you're not good enough to do it without a stacked roster than you aren't good enough to do it. Because odds are the team you play in the SB has a stacked roster AND a QB good enough on his own.

See Jimmy G, Goff, etc

Stout

Reaction score
I have my doubts, but I still believe with the right mentor/tutor/coach and supporting cast he could become a championship QB. Right now, with his mentality? No.
We need, against all probability, one of the most arrogant young brats in the league to suddenly get it. There's not a high probability of that happening.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need, against all probability, one of the most arrogant young brats in the league to suddenly get it. There's not a high probability of that happening.
Agree. But he certainly needs more weapons around him.
The Hopkins and associates approach ain’t gonna get it done.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the "You keep defending Keim" people (which I haven't). I will despair a little more with each passing day if there isn't more business this week.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
I know they play things "close to the vest" and often don't put out much before FA visits/signing, but it's a little too quiet even for them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have a tough time reaching this level of classification. We have little insight into what he’s like in practice and in the classroom and locker room. Is he arrogant? Yes his comments seem to indicate such. But there’s a ton of arrogance in the league.

Stout

Reaction score
I have a tough time reaching this level of classification. We have little insight into what he’s like in practice and in the classroom and locker room. Is he arrogant? Yes his comments seem to indicate such. But there’s a ton of arrogance in the league.
I'm sorry, but when you end the season like you do, with the level of outright arrogance he showed, then pull stunts like he did to try to force a ginormous extension he has come nowhere near earning, brat is probably the nice way of putting it. Sorry, not sorry.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree with the arrogance comment. It is all over the NFL. What I feel like Kyler lacks is self awareness and accountability which is this case go hand in hand. He feels he isn't the problem, that he is a winner, and that the issues lie elsewhere. This keeps him from recognizing the things he needs to work on.

He has a very college view of the NFL. He thinks open should be college open. He thinks line protection should be college line protection. He thinks the work should be college level work.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson