Free agency thread 2022

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The defense of Keim is so bewildering. Atrocious drafting in 3 different regimes, way overpaying FAs of their worth, having former players throw shade at you, then the off-field stuff like the extreme DUI, what’s the point in defending him. To be different? To be a contrarian? It’ll be different if the guy had a SB ring to his name, but all he does is has 1 measly playoff win in 9 years. I think this roster is closer to Seattle than it is LAR & SF in terms of talent on paper. We certainly been drafting like Seattle.

Stout

Reaction score
The defense of Keim is so bewildering. Atrocious drafting in 3 different regimes, way overpaying FAs of their worth, having former players throw shade at you, then the off-field stuff like the extreme DUI, what’s the point in defending him. To be different? To be a contrarian? It’ll be different if the guy had a SB ring to his name, but all he does is has 1 measly playoff win in 9 years. I think this roster is closer to Seattle than it is LAR & SF in terms of talent on paper. We certainly been drafting like Seattle.
You must be registered for see images attach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You just won't be willing to admit this FO does a single thing wrong this offseason, will you? It's not that we failed to go after a player that would vastly improve and put a weapon around KM; it's that it simply wouldn't work! Or, or, if it did work, it wouldn't work out, because he'd be disgruntled!

I've watched you morph from KM loyalist to KM critic, which only makes sense. I've also watched you morph from valid team criticism to near blind support of this FO. Where has that come from? I'm genuinely curious. It's Kevin Bacon Animal House "remain calm, all is well" level support, from my perspective. Where's it coming from? We're a much worse team than we were last year atm, and bargain basement, wait-and-hope deals aren't getting us back to our previously inadequate level of roster construction. We needed to exceed what we had last year to have any hope of a playoff run. Instead, we're not even standing pat. Our division rival SB champs are improving on their championship team and laughing at us. Yet you're perfectly happy with that and think Keim's doing a great job. Why?

When was I a Kyler loyalist? Lol

I've criticised him every off season. I've written posts with film breakdowns on how he sucks at reading defenses. I've criticized his lack of off season coaching at least the last 2 years. I've repeated criticised his lack of progression compared to other QBs. I've repeatedly criticized his poor body language and sulky sideline posture. I've never been a Kyler loyalist.

And I'm not and have not defended Keim. Saying "We obviously couldn't do this deal because..." is not defending Keim.

If you can't see why a 27 year old WR in his prime would tell his agent to put the word out that he only wants to go somewhere where he's WR1 then I don't know what to tell you. Too quality players want to break records and create legacies. Not play second fiddle to a WR1 under contract for 3 more years.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Show me someone defending Keim?

Stout

Reaction score
When was I a Kyler loyalist? Lol

I've criticised him every off season. I've written posts with film breakdowns on how he sucks at reading defenses. I've criticized his lack of off season coaching at least the last 2 years. I've repeated criticised his lack of progression compared to other QBs. I've repeatedly criticized his poor body language and sulky sideline posture. I've never been a Kyler loyalist.

And I'm not and have not defended Keim. Saying "We obviously couldn't do this deal because..." is not defending Keim.

If you can't see why a 27 year old WR in his prime would tell his agent to put the word out that he only wants to go somewhere where he's WR1 then I don't know what to tell you. Too quality players want to break records and create legacies. Not play second fiddle to a WR1 under contract for 3 more years.
You certainly don't know what to tell me, because all you're doing is playing mind reader with every single FA. Because it supposedly wouldn't have been possible for the Cards to make a run at any of them, to hear you tell it.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It seems we are the only playoff team not making moves (seriously)…. What’s going on here? 1 of 4 things imo…

1 - There’s a big trade in the works for a WR and/or Olineman that we don’t know of.

2 - Laser focused/confident can get on Terron Armstead and/or L Collins. See value in some WR not signed ? Fuller?

3 - Holding tight for a complete overhaul of the roster via essentially forcing Kyler to demand a trade. Makes Kyler further look like the ‘bad guy’ so they save some face with the vast majority of fans of which are casual fans. Get some nice draft capital, one of the secondary QBs on the market (Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, Minshew?). Don’t have to shell out this massive contract to KM. This theory would make a lot of sense, no matter how ridiculous I believe it is. I think it’s a mistake as I believe in Kyler, but if you don’t then you could potentially set yourself up nicely for 2023. What debunks this having a lot of guys that are getting older, really old by then JJ, Nuk, Ertz, Conner… but maybe your just again trying to save face with the fans by having to these guys signed up while forcing Kyler to demand a trade?

4 - the most likely theory. Shear incompetence. Exec Management having smartest guys in the room syndrome. Thinking can just run it back and scoop a couple starters in draft abs retread FAs to fill the void.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You certainly don't know what to tell me, because all you're doing is playing mind reader with every single FA. Because it supposedly wouldn't have been possible for the Cards to make a run at any of them, to hear you tell it.

Again, with the exaggeration. I've mentioned 3 players as far as I know.

JuJu - Because the Chiefs have been after him since last year and he gets to play in the best offense with the best QB. No brainer.

Robinson - Because he had the opportunity to join the SB champs with a team that can make another run at it. No brainer.

Cooper - Because he's a WR1 in his prime and why would he choose to be WR2? Which makes sense of why he only went for a 5th. Limited market.

Plus we sign Cooper and do what the Browns did and next year Cooper, Hopkins and Murray make up $85m of our cap space on their own.

I'm not defending anything. There are other moves Keim could have made. Not many that stand out though. James Daniels to the Steelers is one. Even on the Bears trash line he managed to be consistently good and he can play Guard and Center equally as well. And he doesn't turn 25 until the season starts. Could have been a mainstay for years at only $8m per.

But there are obvious reasons why these 3 WR's were not serious options for us.

It's even got to the point where people are saying "We should have signed Rasul Douglas for $7m per". The guy played 9 games for Green Bay. In the last year he's been cut by the Panthers, cut by the Raiders, cut by the Texans (and the Texans sign literally anyone) and then couldn't get past our practice squad. He did very well at Green Bay no doubt. Maybe he fits their scheme, but 4 other teams in the last year couldn't make use of him so I'm comfortable not paying him that.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tell me a joke that doesn't make fun of someone! Man, I travel all over the world for work. The U.S. is the least "racist" place in the world, and it's not even close to being close.
So your premise is it’s okay to be racist because a lot of people do it? Weird take. I wish people would be thoughtful and introspective and consider change when things like this are brought up instead of finding weird ways to defend racism.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Here’s what I don’t get. Proponents that state to trade Kyler is befuddling.

You can’t claim Kyler isn’t our guy and then claim some other team would trade players and draft picks because he could lead them to the promise land. If he could do it for tge Eagles then hypothetically he could it here or anywhere.
I disagree. I dont think Watson is "the guy" either, and I dont think the Browns are any better with him. I think Denver got "a guy" in Wilson who could do some things with them.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It seems we are the only playoff team not making moves (seriously)…. What’s going on here? 1 of 4 things imo…

1 - There’s a big trade in the works for a WR and/or Olineman that we don’t know of.

2 - Laser focused/confident can get on Terron Armstead and/or L Collins. See value in some WR not signed ? Fuller?

3 - Holding tight for a complete overhaul of the roster via essentially forcing Kyler to demand a trade. Makes Kyler further look like the ‘bad guy’ so they save some face with the vast majority of fans of which are casual fans. Get some nice draft capital, one of the secondary QBs on the market (Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, Minshew?). Don’t have to shell out this massive contract to KM. This theory would make a lot of sense, no matter how ridiculous I believe it is. I think it’s a mistake as I believe in Kyler, but if you don’t then you could potentially set yourself up nicely for 2023. What debunks this having a lot of guys that are getting older, really old by then JJ, Nuk, Ertz, Conner… but maybe your just again trying to save face with the fans by having to these guys signed up while forcing Kyler to demand a trade?

4 - the most likely theory. Shear incompetence. Exec Management having smartest guys in the room syndrome. Thinking can just run it back and scoop a couple starters in draft abs retread FAs to fill the void.
Im all in on 3. I think Kyler has already done enough to warrant a trade. I dont care about making him look like "the bad guy"...he has already done enough to make himself look like a spoiled kid who thinks hes better than he is.

Trade him, rebuild, and watch him fizzle out somewhere else with a giant new contract. I just wish we hadnt extended Keim and KK. They should have also gone if we were going to rebuild.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Im all in on 3. I think Kyler has already done enough to warrant a trade. I dont care about making him look like "the bad guy"...he has already done enough to make himself look like a spoiled kid who thinks hes better than he is.

Trade him, rebuild, and watch him fizzle out somewhere else with a giant new contract. I just wish we hadnt extended Keim and KK. They should have also gone if we were going to rebuild.
You might not care, but surely manageable wants ‘better’ optics of the situation w the casual fans. If the team isn’t going to do anything through FA additions, it’s really the most logical move - trade him.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
So your premise is it’s okay to be racist because a lot of people do it? Weird take. I wish people would be thoughtful and introspective and consider change when things like this are brought up instead of finding weird ways to defend racism.
That's not what I said. But as a lawyer your main job is to put words in people's mouths, so ok.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's not what I said. But as a lawyer your main job is to put words in people's mouths, so ok.
It’s actually exactly what you said.

“Tell me a joke that doesn’t make fun of someone” is essentially saying all jokes make fun of someone and this one is making fun based on race so it’s okay. Tell me the other way to interpret your comment that I’m obviously missing.

Also, I’m not litigator, so your overgeneralizing attempt to disparage my industry (an industry about which you obviously have little knowledge) falls flat.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
It’s actually exactly what you said.

“Tell me a joke that doesn’t make fun of someone” is essentially saying all jokes make fun of someone and this one is making fun based on race so it’s okay. Tell me the other way to interpret your comment that I’m obviously missing.

Also, I’m not litigator, so your overgeneralizing attempt to disparage my industry (an industry about which you obviously have little knowledge) falls flat.
I unfortunately know too much about your industry and have had to contribute $o much i try to $teer way clear...

But I get your point. All joke$ are off limit$.