Arizona Cardinals offseason thread 2022

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Or...people forget things. Seen several "Top FA's available" where "experts" had to apend them with cut players they forgot like Za'Darius Smith.

Are you seriously trying to tell me Sanders is better than Green? Of course he isn't. Or the rotting remains of Julio Jones? Or running back come flex slot Cordarrelle Patterson?

The incessant need for everything to do with the Cards to suck is tiring.
They didn't forget him. If you read the article, you will see that Green is ranked below all of those receivers, plus a couple of others.

63 WR A.J. Green
Green has finished in the second percentile of all qualifying wide receivers in separation percentage since returning from injury in 2020. He's going to need to win in contested situations at this stage of his career, and he's only been average in those situations of late. He still provides a big target for quarterbacks at 6-foot-4 with 34-plus inch arms

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They didn't forget him. If you read the article, you will see that Green is ranked below all of those receivers, plus a couple of others.

63 WR A.J. Green
Green has finished in the second percentile of all qualifying wide receivers in separation percentage since returning from injury in 2020. He's going to need to win in contested situations at this stage of his career, and he's only been average in those situations of late. He still provides a big target for quarterbacks at 6-foot-4 with 34-plus inch arms

Well then that dude (who I've never heard of before) isn't very smart.

The dude works for PFF. Green had a 69.2 PFF grade last year. Only just behind Kirk.

Sanders had 65.6.

Jones had 74.2. But deduct 20 points for always being injured.

Even his own company disagrees with him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well then that dude (who I've never heard of before) isn't very smart.

The dude works for PFF. Green had a 69.2 PFF grade last year. Only just behind Kirk.

Sanders had 65.6.

Jones had 74.2. But deduct 20 points for always being injured.

Even his own company disagrees with him.
Green wasn't as bad as his detractors here have made him out. He had a few bad moments, but also helped win some games.

Where he (and Kirk) struggled was stepping up when Hopkins got hurt. Both showed they couldn't be relied on. That's why anything north of like $12 million for Kirk was too rich for me.

Resigning Green wouldn't be the worst move.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's what we had done by this point last season

Picked up Watt early
Released and resigned Alford

Legal tampering window opens

Re-sign Golden
Tender Gardeck, Turner and Fitts
Extend Beachum

That's it. Legal tampering started on the 13th. FA window opened on the 15th. By this same point last year this is all the business we did.

Then in the equivalent of today we,

Extended Vallejo
Signed AJ Green
Traded for Hudson
Signed Prater

So it's not like the Cards shot out of the gates last year either.

We didn't sign Butler until a week from now.

Was another 2 weeks until they signed Colt McCoy.

It was a month into FA until we signed Conner.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Green wasn't as bad as his detractors here have made him out. He had a few bad moments, but also helped win some games.

Where he (and Kirk) struggled was stepping up when Hopkins got hurt. Both showed they couldn't be relied on. That's why anything north of like $12 million for Kirk was too rich for me.

Resigning Green wouldn't be the worst move.

Disagree on Kirk. He had 70 YPG with Nuk out. But yes Green didn't step up much.

70 PFF grade and 850 yards for $7m. I'll take that all day looking at what is available.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Disagree on Kirk. He had 70 YPG with Nuk out. But yes Green didn't step up much.

70 PFF grade and 850 yards for $7m. I'll take that all day looking at what is available.
But few signature moments though.

My memory isn't perfect, but I can't remember a game that we all though "Man, Kirk took over," last season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Great post. The Rams genius around here is a bit overrated. McVay is a hell of a coach and Snead is a better GM overall, but it's not like he's drafted Pro Bowler after Pro Bowler. He has his share of mistakes too.

Donald is so great that he single handedly can make a front seven good.
The niners bashing last season was funny when in comparison to the cardinals. Taking shots at the rams in the offseason they just won the Super Bowl after years of playoffs is even funnier.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Picked up Watt early

Re-sign Golden
Extend Beachum

That's it. Legal tampering started on the 13th. FA window opened on the 15th. By this same point last year this is all the business we did.

Extended Vallejo
Signed AJ Green
Traded for Hudson
Signed Prater

You’re argument is that adding watt, green, prater and Hudson while not really losing anyone of note is the equivalent to this year adding gladrey and losing kirk, Edmonds, hicks, and chandler jones?

Okay.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But few signature moments though.

My memory isn't perfect, but I can't remember a game that we all though "Man, Kirk took over," last season.
At no point did we ever feel like we had a true #1 receiver once nuk went down. No one truly stepped up in his absence. And it manifested itself in the slide.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Picked up Watt early

Re-sign Golden
Extend Beachum

Extended Vallejo
Signed AJ Green
Traded for Hudson
Signed Prater

Legal tampering started on the 15th last year. So at this point last season we had already signed Green, Prater and Watt and traded for Hudson.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Legal tampering started on the 15th last year. So at this point last season we had already signed Green, Prater and Watt and traded for Hudson.

OK fair enough, but were talking a couple of days. There were still signings going on for weeks.

The point it, long way to go.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You’re argument is that adding watt, green, prater and Hudson while not really losing anyone of note is the equivalent to this year adding gladrey and losing kirk, Edmonds, hicks, and chandler jones?

Okay.
Kirk can be somewhat replaced by Moore. That's not a stretch to think that can happen.

Edmonds is a decent player....there are tons of decent players in the NFL. A combo of Eno and Ward could replace him, or a later draft pick.

Jones is the one that is tougher to replace.

And then where I don't like this off-season is the overall loss of production. That usually doesn't work out well.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is telling you Green should be on that list telling you "How great things are going"? When have I (or Quebec for that matter) said things are great?

What I have said is that it's still extremely early, there are still a tonne of good guys available and more to be released, and you can't judge the roster yet. Which is all true.

Or we can spend every day getting pointlessly enraged about every signing we make and every one we don't.
Why do you say enraged? I merely point out things as I see them. When the situation changes it may change my opinion.
Until then we are worse off than last year. Or am I just complaining to complain?
You keep hoping. I’ll keep evaluating on a day to day basis. I refuse to look at the road ahead and think Everthing is going to be just fine while the upper crust of talent signs elsewhere and we look for value.
Would you have been disappointed if WE had signed Allen Robinson? I would have been happy and said so.
If and when we sign AJ Green or Julio Jones or any other old player hoping for “ one more year” I will not be happy and I will say so.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah Rams all about the draft...

Playoff starters drafted

Jefferson
Higbee
Haverstein
Edwards
Allen
Gaines
Donald
Howard
Reeder
Williams
Scott
Burgess

Murray
Edmonds
Hump
Kirk
Moore
Allen
Golden
Lawrence
Simmons
Wilson
Murphy
Thompson
Baker

Donald aside, and a couple of decent but not great linemen it's not like that Rams lineup is full of stars either.

Main difference is the Rams trust and play their rookies. Even when they aren't great. The trust makes them better.

Troy Reeder for example, now way he is better than Zaven Collins. Same for rookie Ernest Jones. But the Rams trust them and role with the punches.

Oh. So it’s the coaching and scheme? BTW, Kirk and Edmonds are gone. Please add Akers and Henderson to the Rams list.
We are not even close to talent or depth as the Rams.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Okay.

Kirk - Moore
Hicks - Collins

Don't be one of these people that moans that we don't play our draft picks over crappy vets then also argue we need vets over the draft picks.

AJ Green is apparently easily replaceable according to everyone else here.

The only major loss we need to replace is Chandler.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh. So it’s the coaching and scheme? BTW, Kirk and Edmonds are gone. Please add Akers and Henderson to the Rams list.
We are not even close to talent or depth as the Rams.

Sure. But not because of the draft which was the argument.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
thinking about trade targets--

one name that checks nearly all the "he should be available" list:

Adam Thielen, Minnesota Vikings.

The pros: excellent route runner, outstanding hands with good size. affordable cap # at $12mm per

the cons: 32 years old. is he an X wr?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kirk can be somewhat replaced by Moore. That's not a stretch to think that can happen.
Hoping
Edmonds is a decent player....there are tons of decent players in the NFL. A combo of Eno and Ward could replace him, or a later draft pick.
Could
Jones is the one that is tougher to replace.

And then where I don't like this off-season is the overall loss of production. That usually doesn't work out well.
Agree.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

Picked up Watt early

Re-sign Golden
Extend Beachum

Extended Vallejo
Signed AJ Green
Traded for Hudson
Signed Prater

I'd rather have Kirk and Chase, but we also have one third and two fith round compensatory draft picks. That ain't nothing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson