Free agency thread 2022

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Our situation in the trenches is not pathetic.

Our oline is average, our dline is pretty weak but if you are going to be weak anywhere, that is where you want to be weak.
Our interior is pretty bad because there are serious age/injury issues with it.

Hudson is only getting older, Josh Jones isn't strong enough to play guard, Max Garcia isn't good enough to start and Pugh while decent is wearing down.

We could have rebuilt our Oline with plenty of talented youth if we scouted/drafted as well as the Chiefs.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s lol pathetic what AZ has done. Hell whoever said we might be tanking is right
Have no idea what you expected, but they are fully meeting my expectations.

Cards are in a bad position cap wise, and are going to be looking in the bargain bin.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Hudson is only getting older, Josh Jones isn't strong enough to play guard, Max Garcia isn't good enough to start and Pugh while decent is wearing down.

We could have rebuilt our Oline with plenty of talented youth if we scouted/drafted as well as the Chiefs.
The future of our team is Murray, so i still don't see the moves to put him in the situation to succeed
What a joke drafting 2 first round ilb in back to back years

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have no idea what you expected, but they are fully meeting my expectations.

Cards are in a bad position cap wise, and are going to be looking in the bargain bin.
No kidding. But don’t look us in the face and tell us “ We’re All In”!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Well, your right we don't have much in the way of young talent.

I don't know I just don't see it as the priorities we have at WR and pass rusher right now.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would never trade and investing so much money in a 29 years old wide receiver, but are tge Raiders so..
I saw even better receivers then Adams starting a decline near 30
they just landed one of the best wide receivers in the NFL. Hopkins was 28 when we traded for him, stop hating

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The future of our team is Murray, so i still don't see the moves to put him in the situation to succeed
What a joke drafting 2 first round ilb in back to back years
Keim gets too caught up in Kyler being good enough and that's not good enough.

Kyler's good enough to pass on Deebo or AJ Brown because we need a corner in Murphy. Bengals do the opposite and draft Tee Higgins with their #1 pick in the 2nd round the following year.

Kyler gets DHOP. So with his mobility and now DHOP that should be good enough to pass up Wirfs at RT or even Lamb at WR. Get an athletic toy for the defense.

Kyler gets Hudson. That should be good enough to avoid using draft capital and moving ahead to fix our RG spot and get Vera Tucker. Or risk adding another Oline guy in Creed in the last 1st or 2nd round.

Keim could have totally committed to Kliff and Kyler. He could have decided to let his team have the potential to be great at something. He instead tries to take a half measure and count on his draft expertise later in the draft to fill other voids.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If I were a Raiders fan I would like that they are actually trying to compete. Their division is insane with the improvements the Chargers, Broncos, Chiefs have made. Bringing in Chandler Jones with Crosby, bringing in Adams, those are exciting moves. That division is going to be a lot of fun.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If I were a Raiders fan I would like that they are actually trying to compete. Their division is insane with the improvements the Chargers, Broncos, Chiefs have made. Bringing in Chandler Jones with Crosby, bringing in Adams, those are exciting moves. That division is going to be a lot of fun.
the new best division in football, the nfc west finally gets a break

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
lol, in no way is this a serious statement

If you want to be “weak” somewhere, it’s the position where we just drafted in back-to-back years in the 1st round.

One hundred percent. You can get veterans on a mediocre salary to hold down the ILB spots just fine. The "difference" that our two 1st rounders will make over two middling veterans is minimal. It's just an ass backwards way of building a football team. And paying RB instead of drafting them... ugh

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A question
Keim is still the gm without deserve it
But the scouting department is still the same after the fiasco in the recent years?
Here is what baffles me, was it the scouting team having no eyes for talent, or did Keim not listen to their suggestions. Recall someone here mentioned that Jerry Sullivan recommended Justin Jefferson but Keim ignored him.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is what baffles me, was it the scouting team having no eyes for talent, or did Keim not listen to their suggestions. Recall someone here mentioned that Jerry Sullivan recommended Justin Jefferson but Keim ignored him.
Lol i still remember the same faces around the oval table in the draft day salivating for Isabella or being depressed cause a 5'8 rb was picked a spot before in the second round

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Yeah, it's certainly a bet on the short term.

I don't feel like Carr is good enough to go all in on though.
doesn’t really have to be that great though. They have a good team around him to carry him, just has to limit turnovers.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lol i still remember the same faces around the oval table in tge draft day salivating for Isabella or being depressed cause a 5'8 rb was picked a spot before in the second round
This proves exactly how incompetent he is in drafting players. It has to take another team to take away his bust choice (Ameer Abdullah) and we lucked out on a good one (David Johnson) on which Keim did not even have faith at first. I still remember that anxious face asking around whether they think DJ was worth the pick.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So the Packers, Seahawks and Cowboys are significantly worse. The Panthers or Saints will be significantly better. If Keim wants to overpay for Fletcher Cox I’m down with it.
I think the Saints will be(though losing Payton is a big negative), but the Panthers? Eh nah

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fair point.

Also it was rumored the Cardinals liked Andrew Thomas over Wirfs. Was that scouting department or Keim?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson