Need a Wr…

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So replace end of career AJ Green with end of career Julio Jones.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
AJ Green is under contract, right? Maybe I'm just weird, but this offense was clicking with him early on, and I'd like to see him return. Another year in the scheme and maybe he turns around and makes a play instead of getting confused thinking he was run blocking. Mix that with a 1st or 2nd round WR drafted that's over 6 feet tall and will be his understudy, and I think that's the best bet going into the season. That's what I'd do anyway.
Dude, we're all weird on this forum :)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd sign Will Fuller to a one-year "prove it" deal, and then burn some sage and say a few incantations to keep him healthy. Also have to draft a WR first or second round. Not a good situation.
Right now, and that may change, I still maintain our greatest need is the DL. Just cannot win when teams are running the ball down your throats.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOoks like the Browns are signing Jakeem Grant. I know we already have Rondale but I was sort of hoping we might sign Grant as a gadget guy return guy, small but fast.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would totally not mind Jarvis Landry. He wanted to come here before, and I think a change of scenery would be of great help to him. He can still play.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Landry is too slow. We need an outside WR. I'd rather go with Ju Ju Smith Schuster. He's a 4.5 guy with size for the outside. No idea what his contact dollars will be.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would totally not mind Jarvis Landry. He wanted to come here before, and I think a change of scenery would be of great help to him. He can still play.
I would take Green if that's all that's there, I like Juju, I will take Julio or Landry... we just need another vet to round off our WRs with D-Hop and then get a WR in the draft with some height/speed ratio for a change

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
wonder what the deal is with JuJu

looked like a rising star in 2018 -- then moved inside and the production went down. Nobody really bit in FA last year, and he spent most of last year injured

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We will address this in the draft. Whoever has the combination of shortness and quickness and a lack of opposable thumbs... that will be our guy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wonder what the deal is with JuJu

looked like a rising star in 2018 -- then moved inside and the production went down. Nobody really bit in FA last year, and he spent most of last year injured

Some of it was other guys emerged, and Ben fell off dramatically.

He's a very physical WR after the catch too I suspect that proved to be unsustainable without injury. Another ex USC guy that I actually like for the right money

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would add on the Steelers. the guy on them I would be interested in, by trade, is Claypool. I know he's a bit of a dumb azz but he's a big strong outside guy who can go up and get the ball and get downfield.

No idea if they would consider moving him probably not if they're losing Ju Ju