#1 seed magic number watch

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Milwaukee worries me the most. I'd say they have the mental edge on us having taken the series last year. However losing PJ Tucker will hurt them in a matchup with us. They could play big with Lopez or Portis, Giannis, PJ, Middleton, and Jrue. So we out matched across the board in size, strength, and toughness. That's why Middleton had such a good series. I think he'd be less effective in a rematch but they still worry me.

Philly lost depth but they have a really good starting 5. It all depends on Embiid, and who knows how his body holds up through 3 series before the finals. If they're healthy though they scare me because of their firepower.

Miami is tough to really get a read on because they're either great or crap. They can get hot also and they have the leadership to stay poised.

All 3 worry me more than Golden State, Utah, Memphis, Dallas, and Denver. Denver is still a dark horse is Murray can return before the playoffs start. The longer he's out, the better it is for us.

It's a tossup in the East. Lots of good teams this season.

A number of teams could come out of there plus of course there is the injury factor. I hope they beat each other up.

My concern will be always be getting by each game and playoff opponent in the West and staying healthy. The rest will take care of itself.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team wont settle for 8 and 8. They should be trying to break the franchise win record.
The number one focus should be getting and keeping every player healthy and as rested as possible. The second priority should be earning home court advantage. Anything beyond those two is just gravy IMO.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The number one focus should be getting and keeping every player healthy and as rested as possible. The second priority should be earning home court advantage. Anything beyond those two is just gravy IMO.
You know this team. No chance in hell they will coast, this is for bragging rights.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know this team. No chance in hell they will coast, this is for bragging rights.
I'm not talking about coasting, I'm talking about coaching decisions. If we have to lose an extra game or two in order to make sure Mikal, Devin and others are fully healthy and rested, I'll take that even if it costs us setting a new franchise record for wins.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not talking about coasting, I'm talking about coaching decisions. If we have to lose an extra game or two in order to make sure Mikal, Devin and others are fully healthy and rested, I'll take that even if it costs us setting a new franchise record for wins.

Perhaps like making sure Cam Johnson is fully healthy before he returns... maybe around 3/27.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hate that Cam got hurt, he was blowing up. I hope all the sitting helps more than it hurts.
I'm not saying to play injured players just keep what we got rolling. We have WAY more than enough bench to try to win out.
Changing now is asinine.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate that Cam got hurt, he was blowing up. I hope all the sitting helps more than it hurts.
I'm not saying to play injured players just keep what we got rolling. We have WAY more than enough bench to try to win out.
Changing now is asinine.

The Suns aren't going to change their philosophy or effort towards winning. However, they may choose to selectively rest certain players to get them ready for the playoffs if they wrap up 1st place.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Once clinched, Put everyone of consequence in a box until the postseason.

I could tolerate a Biyambo, Frank(?), Ish, Payton, Holliday lineup for a couple of weeks

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I need 63 wins to hit my bet from the start of the season.
If they do it, the (*(@!#& and #**&E^$ are on me.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns could get to 60 wins before any other team wins their 50th.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns could get to 60 wins before any other team wins their 50th.
Highly unlikely given our schedule, our injuries and then dealing with players having to play themselves into game shape.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave