Kirk to Jaguars

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And this is an example of Steve Keim managing a roster correctly. You draft a player for a role. You see if that player can expand outside of that role. If you have doubts, you draft his replacement a year early, reevaluate, and then let that player get overpaid by another franchise. All that is left is Rondale increasing his snaps in the Kirk slot role.

See, I can give credit where credit is due.
Agreed.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would love to see the Cardinals throw a low round pick to the Jags for Laviska Shenault. Just to see if he is now available. Great gadget player with a little more size.
Definitely not “great” but I see what you mean lol

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Are you saying you wanted to pay him 17 million just to keep him?
Absolutely not. $21 million/year for Kirk is insane money.

That doesn't mean that I am happy about having nothing to show from the draft 4 years ago, though.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't think losing Kirk creates a direct hole because Rondale can take over as the primary slot WR, but it does enhance the importance of replacing AJ Green with a better option outside.

And this is an example of Steve Keim managing a roster correctly. You draft a player for a role. You see if that player can expand outside of that role. If you have doubts, you draft his replacement a year early, reevaluate, and then let that player get overpaid by another franchise. All that is left is Rondale increasing his snaps in the Kirk slot role.

See, I can give credit where credit is due.
Has there been a time when this strategy worked out for the Cards tho? Drafted Nkeimdiche as a hedge against losing Calais and we still hoping Calais comes back.

Plan works in theory as long as the guy on the come-up… you know… comes up.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Absolutely not. $21 million/year for Kirk is insane money.

That doesn't mean that I am happy about having nothing to show from the draft 4 years ago, though.

The 21 is with incentives. His base is 18. Still a lot.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
There must’ve been a lot of excess yardage on film where Kyler missed Kirk running wide open.

At least Kirk won’t have to get used to performing under the spotlight.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
There must’ve been a lot of excess yardage on film where Kyler missed Kirk running wide open.

Kirk has poor catch radius. And was never really explosive in open field or on punt returns as we had hoped.

I really don’t get this contract

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Byron Leftwich is having a good week. First he gets Tom Brady for another season and then his refusal to coach the Jags if Trent Baalke remained as GM has just been validated to the nth degree.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He can play but those numbers seem insane. 7 catches 104 yards and no TD's in the Jags game must have really impressed them.

Hats off to kirk those are huge numbers he'd have been crazy to take 11-13 to stay with us.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson