OT: Carson Wentz traded to the Commanders

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice trade for both teams, but man, the Colts need a QB bad.

I don't really know what they are doing. I thought Wentz had a good year.

He was 27/7 and had the 13th best passer rating in the league. For his 1st year with a new coach, scheme, players that's good. He was 9th in QBR too.

Maybe the rumours about him being a bit of a dick were true?

That's not a lot to trade for a talented 30 year old QB earning 28 mil

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He was 27/7 and had the 13th best passer rating in the league. For his 1st year with a new coach, scheme, players that's good. He was 9th in QBR too.

A lot of Colts fans are saying otherwise. You’re most likely missing some context behind those numbers, cause you don’t give up even the biggest dick in the world if his play is worth it. Especially after trading a 1st rounder for him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The claim is the Colts were really disappointed in him because the run game was so good with Taylor that they really didn't have to ask much of Wentz, but when they did, they felt he came up short. Stats look good, he made plays against us when he had to but with that level of a run game I guess they expected more big plays.

Maybe Andrew Luck is coming out of retirement (-:

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of Colts fans are saying otherwise. You’re most likely missing some context behind those numbers, cause you don’t give up even the biggest dick in the world if his play is worth it. Especially after trading a 1st rounder for him.

His passer rating and QBR suggest the fans are wrong.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
DVontel is right. The numbers look good, but if you watched the Colts more than just the game against us, you would've seen how Wentz was holding that offense back with bad decisions & bad throws. He's lucky he only had 7 INTs.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Big nf news week with qbs lets see how much longer till murray magic inks his new deal :) hopin soon

Hope wentz works in washington they beeen lookin for a qb longer thsn cards lol

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Captain Checkdown. He didn’t have a ton of weapons but he didn’t take a lot of risks either. And when they needed him to make a play to win games, he couldn’t do it.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I dont think Wentz is much better than Heineke. I would have stayed with him over this trade.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
DVontel is right. The numbers look good, but if you watched the Colts more than just the game against us, you would've seen how Wentz was holding that offense back with bad decisions & bad throws. He's lucky he only had 7 INTs.
True...I think the Colts wanted him taking more chances, like BA did with Palmer, and not worry so much about INTs.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I think others have hit the nail on the head. With the offense he had around him, his play was a bit underwhelming.

But again though...his contract isn't terrible. He's basically playing for a reasonable number and I don't quite think that the compensation puts the Colts in position to replace him.

It's kind of like the people calling for the firing of Kingsbury: the alternative might be significantly worse than Kingsbury. You don't move away from a guy coaching or playing winning football when you don't have a better replacement.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m positive they watched way more Carson Wentz than you did this past season. Think it’s wise to trust them more than your numbers without context.

Numbers don't lie. QBR and passer rating systems have been used for years and are considered generally accurate measurements of performance.

He threw 27 TDs on a team with a strong running game. That was 10th in the league.

I'm not saying he's elite but he's clearly capable. I'd take him over Jimmy G or any of the FA QBs and for two 3rds that's decent value.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Numbers don't lie. QBR and passer rating systems have been used for years and are considered generally accurate measurements of performance.

He threw 27 TDs on a team with a strong running game. That was 10th in the league.

I'm not saying he's elite but he's clearly capable. I'd take him over Jimmy G or any of the FA QBs and for two 3rds that's decent value.
So u must love Cousins a lot
Frankly i don't get your point defending him, colts fans were disappointed about his decisions when it matters most
They watched every single snaps so i would trust them on being so critical

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think others have hit the nail on the head. With the offense he had around him, his play was a bit underwhelming.

But again though...his contract isn't terrible. He's basically playing for a reasonable number and I don't quite think that the compensation puts the Colts in position to replace him.

It's kind of like the people calling for the firing of Kingsbury: the alternative might be significantly worse than Kingsbury. You don't move away from a guy coaching or playing winning football when you don't have a better replacement.

What weapons? Pittman had over 1000 yards and the next best received was Zach Pascal on 380.

No other WR started more than 9 games and they ran through their whole depth chart.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So u must love Cousins a lot
Frankly i don't get your point defending him, colts fans were disappointed about his decisions when it matters most

Well. If Cousins was traded for two 3rds I'd say that was good value too.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So why did the Colts’ FO decided to get rid of him after one year after spending a *first* for him, Brit?

Why are Colts’ fans happy? Is it because they watched way more of his snaps compared to you & realize those numbers are misguiding? Could that be it?

Why are a majority of Washington fans not happy?

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So why did the Colts’ FO decided to get rid of him after one year after spending a *first* for him, Brit?

Why are Colts’ fans happy? Is it because they watched way more of his snaps compared to you & realize those numbers are misguiding? Could that be it?

Why are a majority of Washington fans not happy?

Maybe he's a dick? Lots of rumours around that he rubs team mates the wrong way.

But he's obviously better than two 3rd round picks. That's all I'm saying.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He’s not very coachable, is what I’ve heard. Injury case and makes mistakes at the worst times plus high salary is why he got moved. Literally both Coach and GM couldn’t say nice things about him at the Combine.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s not very coachable, is what I’ve heard. Injury case and makes mistakes at the worst times plus high salary is why he got moved. Literally both Coach and GM couldn’t say nice things about him at the Combine.

Yeah I think it's a personality thing rather than a talent thing. He was considered an MVP level player just a few years ago. He didn't forget how to play football.

I think it's a smart move by Washington. There is plenty of upside in it for two 3rd round picks. If anyone is used to dealing with a difficult personality it's Ron Rivera.