OT: The NFL Combine Weekend thread. Mar 3 - Mar 6

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss

@joshweinfuss
· 2h
The Cardinals had an informal meeting yesterday with ASU CB Chase Lucas, according to a source. Lucas is a local Arizona HS product, as well, and I was the told the meeting went “great.” The Cardinals are in the market for CBs so this makes a lot of sense for Arizona.
After playing college football for 6 years, Chase Lucas still has not learned to turn his head to track the ball, and he got banged up easily. I would consider signing him as a UDFA, but that's it.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Okay so I’m so bored I watched some of the combine. Man, the commentary is bad. Several of the TEs body caught a few tosses in the gauntlet. No comment! Then on the deep ball throws they were correct that stopping is a red flag. However, they failed to mention ideally you’re looking for the receiver to slow enough on under-throws to take the ball in stride. It’s easier to accelerate if you catch the ball that way rather than breaking stride. Not very sophisticated reporting. I was impressed by the TEs as a group, but I’d already told you that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think James Cook is my favorite running back. He runs so much like Dalvin. Smooth as silk. Never loses speed when he maneuvers like most RBs.

I think I want to draft him in round 2 if there and I never want to draft RBs above round 3.

He would be fire in our offense.

Last edited:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I know I just can’t get into the combine. Why do WRs start their dash from a track position. I can’t recall seeing it used in a game. Since going from a standing start requires different agility skills, I just don’t get it. Better yet put them in full uniform. Surely that would s low the physically weaker players more. If you want to know how fast someone can run in a game, simulate one. I do like using the sleds instead of blocking pads for the TE drills. That’s a reasonably useful drill to show bend and leverage abilities.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know I just can’t get into the combine. Why do WRs start their dash from a track position. I can’t recall seeing it used in a game. Since going from a standing start requires different agility skills, I just don’t get it. Better yet put them in full uniform. Surely that would s low the physically weaker players more. If you want to know how fast someone can run in a game, simulate one. I do like using the sleds instead of blocking pads for the TE drills. That’s a reasonably useful drill to show bend and leverage abilities.

Yeah I never got the 3 point stance in the 40. It gives an obvious advantage to the WRs and RBs with a track background

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The players have months to prepare for the combine / proday. If you can't do a drill correctly at the combine you are either uncoachable or lazy.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Davis is a freak. I still think Wyatt is better (also had freaky testing numbers)

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Welp. There goes my hope of going offense. Keim is drafting Davis if he's there. Either him or Kyler Gordon if he runs 4.4.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would he run at 300 lbs?

Right question wrong weight IMO. 320 and he looks "slim". He's in good shape now if you can get him to 320 IMO that's peak shape for him, he is just a huge man.