Knicks @ Suns Friday game thread 3-4-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was in most of the fourth! Only reason I can think of is to counter Robinson. But I think McGee could have done better because Robinson schooled Ayton all night.

Ayton wasn't countering Robinson. That's the problem. Monty needs to rotate his centers to keep them in a groove.

Also, come back Frank.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Ayton was atrocious, but I am surprised how much thread focus is on him after an incredible win… I’m on a Cam high now. I’m not going to let Ayton‘s play bring me down. I’ll focus on that some other night.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson says that was the biggest shot of his career.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lost in cam craziness is the fact that bridges is averaging 18 pts/game over last 16 games.

Cam averaging 15.6/game over last 18 games.

Too bad we can't get Craig going. It would be an incredible foursome at forward.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton finished the game with zero offensive rebounds despite playing a ridiculous 37 minutes

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? He hasn’t snagged 9 rebounds in the last 5 games. And only 3 double digit rebound games in his last 14. He’s approaching amare rebounding lameness.

Whoops, over that span he worse than amare rebounding lameness averaging 8.2/game. Yuck.

And before we think he’s been blowing up offensively, he’s averaged 15.4 pts/game over that span.

It's more the lack of energy and effort. Tonight Ayton was just standing around.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Ayton got stoned before he came to the arena tonight. that was the most pathetic effort I have ever seen!
Monty needs to improve in a couple of areas, when to call time outs, and when to get under preforming players out of the game, and he needs to chew on the officials when they are so blatantly bad, and not calling obvious fouls. he could learn a few of those things from pop.
The good for the night! obviously Cam Johnson was amazing!!! cam Payne became the distributor we needed from him. a few ill advised shots down the stretch, but better then any other point guard we have not named Chris paul. Crowder was huge tonight as well, despite being handy capped by the officials. we had some really good defensive efforts tonight that helped us claw back in. and winning a game where we played 5 on 6 most of the night was awesome!

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Suns have to sign Ayton. They can't let him walk for nothing.

Whether they should sign and keep him is something that will play out during the rest of the season and the playoffs.
At this point if Ayton wants to walk I'm like hmmmmm what could we get in return?
Don't get me wrong I LOVE that kid I really do. I hope he's a Sun for efing ever.
BUT...