Amari Cooper

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's completely out of the question financially. I kinda expect Keim to sell out on offense and just be good enough on defense.

But I'm not sure we would be top of the list for Cooper. He's a legit WR1 and if I was him I'd want 120+ targets a year.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's not old enough or injury prone enough for Keim.

Seriously, with DHop coming off his knee injury he would be perfect to slide in at #1 until Hop is fully recovered. Then, you'd have the type of duo to match up with the Rams and 9ers. But, it makes too much sense so it won't happen.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would be nice nuk insurance if hurt right before poffs again... way better than kirk moore im on board!

Kiem expensive 1 yr prove deal?
Yea I don’t think Amari Cooper would agree to or needs a “prove it” deal. He is about as proven as they come.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea I don’t think Amari Cooper would agree to or needs a “prove it” deal. He is about as proven as they come.
I thought coop was gettin up in age for wr why mentioned 1 but tru

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's completely out of the question financially. I kinda expect Keim to sell out on offense and just be good enough on defense.

But I'm not sure we would be top of the list for Cooper. He's a legit WR1 and if I was him I'd want 120+ targets a year.
Me too. I'd gladly take Cooper over Kirk, even at a 20-30% bump in pay.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say, that I would have to sweeten my stance on Keim if he were able to snag Amari in free agency. I can't remember a true FA get while a player was still in their prime during the Keim era because we have always been in cap hell due to our terrible drafting.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Green Bay has one and they were competing. I'm not sure I buy that argument. You need a stud QB and at least one star in today's NFL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
L
Green Bay has one and they were competing. I'm not sure I buy that argument. You need a stud QB and at least one star in today's NFL.
Niners only had 1 too. Same with Cincy.

And y’all are dreaming if you think we’ll even look at Cooper. He’s not mediocre, past his prime and/or totally injury prone. Those are the FAs Keim signs.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The 49ers got to the NFC Championship with Jimmy Garrapolo and Deebo Samuel. C'mon.

There are a lot of ways to win in the NFL. I'd rather take the Baltimore Ravens path of enabling a running QB with a great offensive line and good defense, but there are a lot more moving parts to put and keep that kind of roster together.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
L

And y’all are dreaming if you think we’ll even look at Cooper. He’s not mediocre, past his prime and/or totally injury prone. Those are the FAs Keim signs.

We have to dream to keep from crying...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 49ers got to the NFC Championship with Jimmy Garrapolo and Deebo Samuel. C'mon.

There are a lot of ways to win in the NFL. I'd rather take the Baltimore Ravens path of enabling a running QB with a great offensive line and good defense, but there are a lot more moving parts to put and keep that kind of roster together.
Deebo turned into a star and Jimmy G, while he has lots wrong with him, wins...

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
L

Deebo & Kittle(yes, not a WR, but a receiving option. Obviously elite at that).

Ja’Marr & Higgins.

She’s right honestly.