Arizona Cardinals give WR Andy Isabella permission to seek trade

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What a wasted pick among so many, maybe the most wasted pick since that WR with the concussion issues that never played.

Yes, I remember, and shortly after KC selected Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (MD) who has been a starter at RG since with both KC and the Jets. What was shocking to me is that Keim had travelled to Montreal mid-winter to witness LDT's workout at McGill U. and praised him.

Reactions: TRW

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
What a wasted pick among so many, maybe the most wasted pick since that WR with the concussion issues that never played.
I support Kliff but that was his call. He did the Kirk Gibson arm pump when AI was selected. I guess he thought AI was just the player for his offense. He guessed wrong. The video of that draft pic is out there somewhere.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
I guess it’s pretty clear now that this was just an awful, awful 2nd rd pick especially considering who was still on the board at the same position when Isabella was taken.

Tried to argue for a couple years that this guy didn’t even deserve a roster spot yet was shouted down when this was probably the most obvious ish ever.

Let his agent attempt to negotiate a trade for hopefully a 6th rder and I wish all the success to him. Doubt we get anything though.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So Keim traded a 1st round pick, a third round pick and a fifth round pick to move up and take one of the worst QBs drafted in the top 10 in at least 20 years. Realizing his mistake a year later, he somehow finds a sucker in the Dolphins to trade a second rounder for said QB. He then passes on DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson and Terry McLauren for AI, who goes on to waste a roster spot for three years before potentially nabbing a 7th rounder in a trade.

These are the kinds of genius GM moves that get you a 5 year extension around here.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
So Keim traded a 1st round pick, a third round pick and a fifth round pick to move up and take one of the worst QBs drafted in the top 10 in at least 20 years. Realizing his mistake a year later, he somehow finds a sucker in the Dolphins to trade a second rounder for said QB. He then passes on DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson and Terry McLauren for AI, who goes on to waste a roster spot for three years before potentially nabbing a 7th rounder in a trade.

These are the kinds of genius GM moves that get you a 5 year extension around here.

I wanna work for an owner like that..

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The idea of getting a 7th round pick for Isabella got me excited.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go take a cold shower

Elevate your mind.

The idea of getting anything for Isabella would be a plus. I'm not sure why the Cardinals kept him around for three seasons if they weren't committed to playing him.