Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bobby Stroupe

@bobbystroupe

·
1h

Combine related story thread I once overheard some men in a cafe (at lifetime fitness) talking about how slow a WR at the combine was for running a 4.77. I interrupted, told them that is fast for a normal human. They mocked me and said they could all run 4.7 right now.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
No, I don’t watch much because I just want to see the numbers. However, don’t get too caught up with them. Here’s a good article on the top performers. Try to pick out the Pro Bowl guys. You won’t find many. Numbers are okay but not the same as playing football.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
No, I don’t watch much because I just want to see the numbers. However, don’t get too caught up with them. Here’s a good article on the top performers. Try to pick out the Pro Bowl guys. You won’t find many. Numbers are okay but not the same as playing football.

Missed the other thread. Okay to move it there.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's funny you say that because I like to watch players. I think you can tell a lot about how they move, how fluid they are, body control etc that the numbers don't cover.

It's one of the reasons I was never high on Isabella for example. Especially so with CB's and WR's.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I'm perhaps wrong but have had the impression that whoever wins the bench contest is a victim on cut day. :)

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The combine is where poor organizations (read Cardinals) overrate players on how they perform in gym shorts.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

·
13m

North Carolina QB Sam Howell will throw tonight at the combine, but he won’t do any testing after tweaking a calf during Senior Bowl practice last month. Minor tweak and the plan is to run at his pro day March 28.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They need to stop kids opting out of doing the combine. It's getting more and more each year, especially the top picks.

If you enter the draft the combine should be compulsory unless signed off injured by a doctor.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They need to stop kids opting out of doing the combine. It's getting more and more each year, especially the top picks.

If you enter the draft the combine should be compulsory unless signed off injured by a doctor.
Um why? Because YOU want to know more about them? If it doesn't make sense for the player to participate, they shouldn't.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson