Mock Variance

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This debate mirrors why no one is likely rushing early to get a WR. This draft selection will mostly be based on the perception of “fit.”

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
DJ has Olave going higher than Wilson. I think his skillset fits great with Herbert.
You must be registered for see images attach

Keim's dream draft pick. A defensive player thats from Washington and his name is Kyler.
Pick

Arizona Cardinals

Kyler Gordon
Washington · CB · Junior (RS)
Gordon is going to create some buzz at the NFL Scouting Combine. He is big and explosive!

I'd rather have Burks or Jameson Williams tbh (depending on what we do in FA).

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say it seemed like Mike Evans was stronger in college. I remember a few thought he might be a TE.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This looks more like really bad tackling.

Again you're talking about a kid who was a fulltime football player for one year because he always played basketball too. London got appreciably stronger his last year at USC because his normal basketball season was instead spent lifting and working at football it's why he was having such an amazing year when he got hurt it was the first time in his life he was just a football player

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DJ has Olave going higher than Wilson. I think his skillset fits great with Herbert.

Keim's dream draft pick. A defensive player thats from Washington and his name is Kyler.
Pick

Arizona Cardinals

Kyler Gordon
Washington · CB · Junior (RS)
Gordon is going to create some buzz at the NFL Scouting Combine. He is big and explosive!

I'd rather have Burks or Jameson Williams tbh (depending on what we do in FA).

Jameson Williams is the best WR in the draft in my opinion. He should be well gone by #23. If not they should run to the podium.

I seriously hope someone drafts Olave before us because it's such a Keim pick.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jameson Williams is the best WR in the draft in my opinion. He should be well gone by #23. If not they should run to the podium.

I think Williams has more upside. Olave has the higher floor. Williams needs to regain most of that dynamic speed.

I want Williams but Cards and players coming off injuries does scare me a bit.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Williams has more upside. Olave has the higher floor. Williams needs to regain most of that dynamic speed.

I want Williams but Cards and players coming off injuries does scare me a bit.

I don't think they are in the same league. I think Williams is a world apart from Olave. I do not rate Olave at all.

But I guess we will see in the years to come.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As of right now, gut tells me Kyler Gordon will be the pick.

I hope it’s not, even though I like Gordon, because I still want to go iOL or EDGE & not CB in the 1st.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I hope it’s not, even though I like Gordon, because I still want to go iOL or EDGE & not CB in the 1st.
Will absolutely be the pick. Keim will argue that we need corners because all the good teams have 2 really good wrs.

Which is why we'll pass on Jameson Williams, Burks and Olave.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The lack of quality depth at key positions suggests a BPA strategy - or close to it.

Targeting one player or position - especially this year - is like pulling for an inside straight and following a pathway to mediocrity.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Now this is true.

He's better than Olave too. I'm really not an Olave fan. He looks like a guy that's going to mediocre on all the testing. For me he's another WR that looks good in college that just isn't made for the NFL.
I agree and disagree.

I see Robert Woods when I watch Olave. For a late 1st rounder, that's gold.

I would ecstatic if he was available in round 2, but he has enough of a resume to warrant going earlier.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I'm on the "CB in round one isn't worth it for this current team" bandwagon.

We saw decent results with Byron Murphy and company, so I'd rather improve the pass rush or the blocking for Kyler.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The interesting thing is of course they were teammates at OSU, and Williams couldn't get on the field. But he sure too off at Bama

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This is what makes the WR pool so much fun. Consider Drake London. There is real concern about his speed. Several observers believe he may run 4.55 or worse. If he does he won‘t be the first receiver taken. He also faced mostly mediocre secondaries. This is not to say he‘s not a quality receiver. He’s a good red zone threat and a possession receiver at worse. He may just not be a #1. Then there’s Olave. He lacks some of the measurables, but every time they needed a big reception; he made it. Big play receivers are hard to find.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is not to say he‘s not a quality receiver.

Ok, I'll say it. He's not a quality receiver :)

The combine will sort things out somewhat but you're right. There are some chalk and cheese receivers in this years draft. Going to be a big scheme fit question.

This is really why I don't want Keim to draft a receiver, because he sucks normally and this year he's bound to pick exactly the wrong type of guy.

FYI this is the current consensus big board for WR's taken from combining many boards

12. Wilson
15. Burks
16. London
18. Williams
25. Olave
30. Dotson
53. Bell
54. Pickens
68. Robinson
71. Metchie
75. Tolbert
81. Ross
84. Shakir

I'm much higher on Pickens, Ross and Williams than most. If Keim picks one of those guys I'm ok. I'm out on Olave and London. I assume Burks and Wilson are both gone by #23.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Out of Wilson, Williams, London, Burks, & Olave, London is the only one I would truly hate. I would love the other 4.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree. Even a very good cb is in trouble without a consistent pass rush.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I'll say it. He's not a quality receiver :)

The combine will sort things out somewhat but you're right. There are some chalk and cheese receivers in this years draft. Going to be a big scheme fit question.

This is really why I don't want Keim to draft a receiver, because he sucks normally and this year he's bound to pick exactly the wrong type of guy.

FYI this is the current consensus big board for WR's taken from combining many boards

12. Wilson
15. Burks
16. London
18. Williams
25. Olave
30. Dotson
53. Bell
54. Pickens
68. Robinson
71. Metchie
75. Tolbert
81. Ross
84. Shakir

I'm much higher on Pickens, Ross and Williams than most. If Keim picks one of those guys I'm ok. I'm out on Olave and London. I assume Burks and Wilson are both gone by #23.
I saw a mock with Pickens to us in the 2nd round.

Yea the key for Williams is if he gets past the Chargers at 17 and Eagles at 19.

Out of Wilson, Williams, London, Burks, & Olave, London is the only one I would truly hate. I would love the other 4.
Who would you compare Wilson too? An how do you rank Williams vs the Bama wrs from previous years.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw a mock with Pickens to us in the 2nd round.

Yea the key for Williams is if he gets past the Chargers at 17 and Eagles at 19.

Who would you compare Wilson too? An how do you rank Williams vs the Bama wrs from previous years.

Wilson reminds me of CeeDee.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
This may be the one WR class that Keim can't screw up.

Wilson, Burks, Bell, Tolbert are my favorites.

With that said......if he chooses one of them, you can guarantee my player evaluation was wrong and Keim chose the dump of the bunch. Bank on it.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Id be upset if he fell to the Bills. Although they would probably not rush him back.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Id be upset if he fell to the Bills. Although they would probably not rush him back.

Keim should fire himself if Williams is on the board and doesn't pick him.