Kingsbury and Keim get contract extensions

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They ain’t firing both guys with five years left on both deals.

Man... this is nuts. It’s not quite as ridiculous as McD continuing to get chances with the Suns, but it wreaks of the same stupid stability argument.
The devil you know...

I am starting to agree even more with Flores and how the 'system' works. Do I think there is overt racism going on here, no. I do think that there is this level of privilege and cronyism going on with people being able to retain jobs that wouldn't be tolerated with in most work sectors.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Freaking ridiculous. :mad: Given back to back collapses in the 2nd half of the season, Kliff and Keim should not be getting extensions at all let alone for 5 years. :bang: That's not even counting Keim's horrible drafting and his enthusiasm for signing old, injury prone players. :help:

So much for Michael Bidwill being pissed. It looks like he's fine with mediocrity. :madarms:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Imagine watching the collapse of the last 2 years and immediately extending Keim/KK, yet not even responding to Kyler.

Trash Kyler anonymously, then take care of the other two, which points a big ol finger at Kyler. I just can't imagine why Kyler wouldn't be head over heels in love with the organization!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is a complete freaking disaster. I don’t think I have it in me to invest this kind of energy into a team making moves like this. Half a decade? So I’ll be 40 when this is over. Great. Can’t wait.

I guess today I’m drinking before 9 AM.

They ain’t firing both guys with five years left on both deals.

Man... this is nuts. It’s not quite as ridiculous as McD continuing to get chances with the Suns, but it wreaks of the same stupid stability argument.

Hello darkness my old friend...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
LOL.

I don't think this is meant to stick it to Kyler, I think Bidwill thinks this is showing him the commitment to winning the letter asked for.

I understand why you might think that way though.
I agree with you. We all knew that Kyler wanted an extension while the people who drafted him were still in the building. Now that it has been addressed, a contract is less vital for him because Keim and Kliff will be the coaches after next year. Essentially, Kyler does not have to worry about a new offense or scheme when heading into key performance years.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking five seasons but yes it's six seasons. Ugh.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Kyler is going to let his mom make his business decisions, this is probably the correct counter move, right?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Here is an interesting tidbit...

If KK makes it through the end of this contract (5 years) - he will be the all time leader in wins as head coach in franchise history.

He is only 27 away from making that happen (could happen in 3 years).

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is an interesting tidbit...

If KK makes it through the end of this contract (5 years) - he will be the all time leader in wins as head coach in franchise history.

He is only 27 away from making that happen (could happen in 3 years).
This explain the franchise charme

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Unlike most owners Bidwill’s did build a business to the point where he could afford to buy a team. He inherited one. His experience at managing people, especially upper management people, is limited. It shows in selecting coaches and his contract management. He seems to use the ”feels good” model. He’s involved in on-the-job training. I think this is an unnecessary risk. It’s his money but the season ticket holder will have to endure the consequences if I’m correct.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
This is the last straw. I'm done. I was already teetering if they didn't fire at least VJ and preferably Keim. To give Keim and KK these extensions? I't disgusting. They've lost me. I'm not going to stick to another 5 years of mediocrity. The start of last year was fools gold thanks to Keim signing the 2014 all pro team but we see where that got us by the end of the year. Now we have $10 for cap space and have a million holes to fill in large part due to Keim's drafting. This team is a joke and that's not going to change any time soon. So I'm done buying anything Cards and blacking out their games. Bidwill can win me back by making the right moves but I think we're years from that happening thanks to these new contracts. I'm not sticking with this insanity anymore. 33 years of this ineptitude have been enough.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
are they now under contract longer than any other coach/GM in the league?