Cards Coach and GM set to give a press conference tomorrow. 3/1/22

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
his words carry zero weight with me. dude is a fraud. any promises are empty, and he vomited the same rhetoric week after week in season
Why would these specific words not carry weight? He 'should' know how they view Zaven. Most coaches aren't involved in contact negotiations as well.

You think he just lies about everything?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why would these specific words not carry weight? He 'should' know how they view Zaven. Most coaches aren't involved in contact negotiations as well.

yes, obviously.

with zaven. he said the same crap all season week in and week out. why in the would would his words carry any extra weight in the offseason? "we need to find a way to get him more involved" he was playing no snaps at the end of the season. did he forget about him? pathetic. he said the same thing about rondale moore

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I think he is full of BS.. nothing but coach speak. “We have to get better”. “They played better than us, heave to give hats off”.. the guy quite literally never says anything meaningful. Not one iota of insight that tells me this guy knows what he is doing or sees the game exceptionally

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think he is full of BS.. nothing but coach speak. “We have to get better”. “They played better than us, heave to give hats off”.. the guy quite literally never says anything meaningful. Not one iota of insight that tells me this guy knows what he is doing or sees the game exceptionally
on dhop "I didn't do a good enough job of taking pressure off kyler when hop went out" dude, what? it took you 2 months after your season ended to figure that out? the offense died when he got hurt, you had months to figure that out

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You probably hate every coach then...

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You probably hate every coach then...
Nope not at all.. most relevant professional coaches have valuable insight post-game or in some sort of interviews. I’ve quite literally never heard anything valuable or unique come out of Kliffy’s mouth.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't mind the deflection and refusal to discuss contract negotiations in public. Isn't that what most people's undies are in a bundle about how Kyler and his agent are going about it? Most questions the talking heads ask are a big "NUN YA". It's between the club and the player.

As far as personal usage, or lack thereof, that's fair game but you're going to get the company line most every time.

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I'm going to wait until after FA and the draft to confirm my opinion that they will suck next year. As always, I will be happy to eat crow if proven incorrect.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope not at all.. most relevant professional coaches have valuable insight post-game or in some sort of interviews. I’ve quite literally never heard anything valuable or unique come out of Kliffy’s mouth.
LOL. If you say so.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody else in the NFCW having a 1st round pick seems like a good reason to not be too worried if you have the opportunity to trade back. Not more of a reason to hold on to it.
I agree with you.

I do think it is kind of funny that Keim is seeing this as a positive right now. I don't think that any R1 picks in the Keim era have made immediate contributions...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It is frustrating but they have to walk a tightrope.

The Collins thing drove us all nuts.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You already know what will be said...

"kyler is our guy"

"We love Kyler. He's extremely talented"

"We want him to be our QB for many more years"

"Contracts talks aren't something we discuss in public. Talks are on going but these things take time"

Platitudes galore.
But, wait...they also said "Josh is our guy." not that long ago.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kliff said regardless of Chandler situation
They are looking at pass rusher as an area to improve and they want to get younger
Very small chances Jones will be back

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, while the Rams obtained OBJ to address an injury, Keim counted on Wesley for the stretch run.
In hindsight, yes, OBJ was a great pickup by the Rams & Keim should have done something similar. But, even Jefferson has said more than once that he never thought the Cardinals offense would miss Hop as much as they did. It’s also being forgotten that we lost Moore somewhere during that stretch. Jefferson said it was the loss of BOTH of them that allowed defenses to play us differently. I‘d be willing to bet that Keim will handle a situation like that differently moving forward.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In hindsight, yes, OBJ was a great pickup by the Rams & Keim should have done something similar. But, even Jefferson has said more than once that he never thought the Cardinals offense would miss Hop as much as they did. It’s also being forgotten that we lost Moore somewhere during that stretch. Jefferson said it was the loss of BOTH of them that allowed defenses to play us differently. I‘d be willing to bet that Keim will handle a situation like that differently moving forward.
Well then Jefferson is also an idiot. Hopkins is one of the best receivers in football. The drop off after him is huge. Of course it would be a big loss.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff said regardless of Chandler situation
They are looking at pass rusher as an area to improve and they want to get younger
Very small chances Jones will be back
Maybe they should have thought of that when they let a really good young pass rusher walk out of their own locker room for 6 million bucks.

Freaking idiots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave