its Official--- It was all about the quan (KM and $$$$)

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Statement released by his agent, Erik Burkhardt--- looking for a deal the "represents the the organizations commitment to him"

He already sent over a first proposal, Per Schefter

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Wow..... A statement lacking any attachment to the franchise.

“Actions speak much louder than words in this volatile business,” the statement says. “It is now simply up to the Cardinals to decide if they prioritize their rapidly improving, 24-year-old, already 2x Pro Bowl QB, who led the organization from 3 wins before his arrival to 11-wins and their first playoff appearance in 5 years.”

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow..... A statement lacking any attachment to the franchise.

I mean, one reason it was the first play off appearance in 5 years was because last year, in a crucial game vs the Rams to make the play offs, Kyler wussed out and missed half the game before finally coming back in miraculously fit enough to run the ball.

Bit ironic to say "actions speak louder than words" when all he has are words and hasn't proven anything on the field.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

"Looking ahead, Kyler believes that in order to consistently compete for championships -- and ultimately deliver The Valley their first Super Bowl in 33+ years -- there needs to be long-term stability for both the organization and himself. To overtly communicate Kyler's desire to be the Cardinals' long-term QB, we sent a detailed contract proposal to the organization.

Totally missed out on that Super Bowl win 33 years ago.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Who wants to bet he's looking for a contract somewhere between Mahomes's ten year deal and Allen's 6 year deal with a ton of guaranteed money($60-100 million). Probably in the vicinity of 8-10 years. I'd tell him once you take the team to multiple winning seasons and playoffs multiple times and wins some playoff games then come back knocking on my door, otherwise go back and work on your game. Have to give his agent credit for having the balls to send something like that without having delivered just about nothing to date except one embarrassing playoff loss.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Who wants to bet he's looking for a contract somewhere between Mahomes's ten year deal and Allen's 6 year deal with a ton of guaranteed money($60-100 million). Probably in the vicinity of 8-10 years. I'd tell him once you take the team to multiple winning seasons and playoffs multiple times and wins some playoff games then come back knocking on my door, otherwise go back and work on your game. Have to give his agent credit for having the balls to send something like that without having delivered just about nothing to date except one embarrassing playoff loss.
Yeah, I'd laugh him and his agent out of the building and trade him.

OP
OP
JohnnyCakes

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I mean, one reason it was the first play off appearance in 5 years was because last year, in a crucial game vs the Rams to make the play offs, Kyler wussed out and missed half the game before finally coming back in miraculously fit enough to run the ball.

Bit ironic to say "actions speak louder than words" when all he has are words and hasn't proven anything on the field.
lol-- if you want to call that an "appearance"

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

I am also reminded of his actions as Budda was unconscious in LA. It takes a certain type of person to be so dismissive of their own actions and behaviors.

I may not know the inner workings of the franchise but i do know they historically get laughed at by other teams and players. Even with that being said, you must be the change you wish to see.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Yeah, I'd laugh him and his agent out of the building and trade him.
Of the things I can be confident in, I'd tell him a few things.

1. We need an MVP candidate after 17 games, not 7.
2. We control your rights for the next two years at a minimum.
3. Public displays rarely get you what you want in life. And Mahomes and Allen are perfect examples of people who haven't gone public.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A guy said on ESPN that if he doesn’t get a new contract there is zero chance he plays in 2022.
Whatever.

OP
OP
JohnnyCakes

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I am also reminded of his actions as Budda was unconscious in LA. It takes a certain type of person to be so dismissive of their own actions and behaviors.

I may not know the inner workings of the franchise but i do know they historically get laughed at by other teams and players. Even with that being said, you must be the change you wish to see.
what did he do when Budda was unconscious?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
A guy said on ESPN that if he doesn’t get a new contract there is zero chance he plays in 2022.
Whatever.

Although part of me would be all for punishing him by letting him sit and ruin his name and not accrue service time, that would crush the franchise too. So, if this is the case...

You must be registered for see images attach

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Of the things I can be confident in, I'd tell him a few things.

1. We need an MVP candidate after 17 games, not 7.
2. We control your rights for the next two years at a minimum.
3. Public displays rarely get you what you want in life. And Mahomes and Allen are perfect examples of people who haven't gone public.
Has Kyler gone public or is it someone else forcing the issue?

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
His agent, who works FOR Kyler did. If his agent went rogue and did this without Kyler’s OK then KYLER should fire him immediately and issue a big mia culpa.
So, let's all hate Kyler because his agent wants to get him a raise? in 2 months you darksiders will be complaining that Bidwills are cheap and need to pay the money to whomever is asking ...SMH!

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
I’d say shop Klyer to see what’s out there. If you get a deal worth making — one that will improve the team — make it. If not, sit tight, but don’t extend until absolutely necessary. The team and it’s fans do not need a petulant, unhappy child to ruin the team. I have one of those in my family, but she’s only 8.

Reactions: TRW

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson