Malcolm Butler May Want a Comeback

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did he retire for legit family/health reasons or simply because Marco Wilson beat him out? We may never know or he could possibly start talking about what happened if & when he signs with another team?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
So strange.
Typically, locker room cancers are loud and you know about the guy.
This guy gets benched in the SB and nobody ever found out why.
Then has a pretty good season the year before the Cards sign him but doesn’t seem like he got big offers from teams.
Then retires and nobody really fully knows why, just assuming he was told he wouldn’t start.

There must be something about him that rubs people the wrong way but I haven’t heard a peep from him or the teams/players he played with.

Just really odd.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder if retirement was due the push to get players vaccinated. I know Cardinals were pressuring all our players to get it. Now that NFL has lifted all restrictions Butler is back in talks with the Texans.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So strange.
Typically, locker room cancers are loud and you know about the guy.
This guy gets benched in the SB and nobody ever found out why.
Then has a pretty good season the year before the Cards sign him but doesn’t seem like he got big offers from teams.
Then retires and nobody really fully knows why, just assuming he was told he wouldn’t start.

There must be something about him that rubs people the wrong way but I haven’t heard a peep from him or the teams/players he played with.

Just really odd.
I wonder the same thing about Daryl Washington. It was a huge deal when Ricky Williams retired over marijuana. We don’t even know for a fact as far as I know what exactly he was suspended for and why he never tried for a come back.