It's all about the stud WR

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Take away Kupp or Samuels, and the Rams or Niners would probably not be where they are. Metcalf is probably not that stud WR yet but he might get there for the Hawks. Cooper gave the Cowboys hope but he is no Samuels or Kupp with working the whole field. Adams is amazing and got back but was not enough to get Green Bay over the hump going against a team with another bawler to equal the advantage
The Cardinals lost Hopkins for the season. I turned my nose up to the talking heads which said that losing him defeated the Card's chances but I was wrong and they were right
We lost because in this offense tilted league we lost D-Hop
I am hedging my bets on the Bengals though, being a rookie Chase has probably some rough ends... but he's well on his way to becoming one of the greatest WRs of all time and puts the Bengals in place for the years to come

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m tired of listening to people talk about how Murray is somehow to blame for that loss to the Rams or even for the season ending slide. Does anyone really think that Mahomes or Allen could have performed like they did yesterday if they had Green/Kirk as their WR’s. It’s insanely stupid to think that. And Murray would completely dominate too if he had the weapons that the Bills & Chiefs had. We won’t be a better team until we improve our OL, WR, RB, and most importantly, our D. The Niners started the game with 4 straight three & outs against GB. WHO WON? They won because their D kept them in the game until the O could find something that worked. Murray doesn’t get that opportunity with our D. He has to be GREAT in order for this team to win. Successful teams can’t operate that way.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I’m tired of listening to people talk about how Murray is somehow to blame for that loss to the Rams or even for the season ending slide. Does anyone really think that Mahomes or Allen could have performed like they did yesterday if they had Green/Kirk as their WR’s. It’s insanely stupid to think that. And Murray would completely dominate too if he had the weapons that the Bills & Chiefs had. We won’t be a better team until we improve our OL, WR, RB, and most importantly, our D. The Niners started the game with 4 straight three & outs against GB. WHO WON? They won because their D kept them in the game until the O could find something that worked. Murray doesn’t get that opportunity with our D. He has to be GREAT in order for this team to win. Successful teams can’t operate that way.
I cannot disagree with this more. KM had PLENTY of time not to sit down and take a sack, PLENTY of time to not hold the ball forever in the end zone and throw it away, PLENTY of time to find those receivers you're poo pooing. Who knows if we would have won with great QB play--we would've had a shot--let alone competent QB play. What we got in that game was high school level awfulness. We had a kid who literally gave himself up to avoid even the hint of a hit. We had a type of QB you never, ever want starting big games for you. He was scared, unprepared, and godawful. There is no excusing that and no deflecting blame away from that.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I cannot disagree with this more. KM had PLENTY of time not to sit down and take a sack, PLENTY of time to not hold the ball forever in the end zone and throw it away, PLENTY of time to find those receivers you're poo pooing. Who knows if we would have won with great QB play--we would've had a shot--let alone competent QB play. What we got in that game was high school level awfulness. We had a kid who literally gave himself up to avoid even the hint of a hit. We had a type of QB you never, ever want starting big games for you. He was scared, unprepared, and godawful. There is no excusing that and no deflecting blame away from that.
If you thought Murray had PLENTY of time to find slow WR’s that can’t create separation, then you couldn’t be more wrong. And furthermore, you completely missed my point. Didn’t the Niners win even though their offense started off with 4 straight three and outs? Is that opportunity EVER been afforded to Murray. NO. Because our D can’t stop anyone. Murray has to be GREAT on every series, every half, every game for haters like you. NO QB can win when you have the VJ D, the WR’s, the beat up RB’s, the beat up CB’s, and the musical chairs OL that Murray had to deal with the ENTIRE 2nd half of the season. Top to bottom, this is a crappy organization. Murray is one of only a few bright spots here. Try to appreciate him while he’s here. Because if he ever decides to go elsewhere, you’ll be miserable.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If you thought Murray had PLENTY of time to find slow WR’s that can’t create separation, then you couldn’t be more wrong. And furthermore, you completely missed my point. Didn’t the Niners win even though their offense started off with 4 straight three and outs? Is that opportunity EVER been afforded to Murray. NO. Because our D can’t stop anyone. Murray has to be GREAT on every series, every half, every game for haters like you. NO QB can win when you have the VJ D, the WR’s, the beat up RB’s, the beat up CB’s, and the musical chairs OL that Murray had to deal with the ENTIRE 2nd half of the season. Top to bottom, this is a crappy organization. Murray is one of only a few bright spots here. Try to appreciate him while he’s here. Because if he ever decides to go elsewhere, you’ll be miserable.
Didn’t someone post that Murray had the most average time in the pocket in the Rams game than he had this season? Or something to that extent.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Didn’t someone post that Murray had the most average time in the pocket in the Rams game than he had this season? Or something to that extent.
After watching the game 3 times, I don’t believe that for a second. Still doesn’t mean much when your WR‘s either can’t get open, disappear, are slow, or drop the ball. Green is toast, Moore was always injured, Kirk entered the witness protection plan somewhere around week 10, and Conners/Edmonds were barely on the field together once Edmonds initially got hurt in week 4 against the Rams. Let’s not forget that our all pro C, who NEVER got hurt, missed 4-5 games. And we probably lost everyone of them, because Garcia at C, and Jones at RG, was suicide for ANY QB in the NFL.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't that skewed after the Cards were essentially out of the game and the Rams went into a prevent-esque defense?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
After watching the game 3 times, I don’t believe that for a second. Still doesn’t mean much when your WR‘s either can’t get open, disappear, are slow, or drop the ball. Green is toast, Moore was always injured, Kirk entered the witness protection plan somewhere around week 10, and Conners/Edmonds were barely on the field together once Edmonds initially got hurt in week 4 against the Rams. Let’s not forget that our all pro C, who NEVER got hurt, missed 4-5 games. And we probably lost everyone of them, because Garcia at C, and Jones at RG, was suicide for ANY QB in the NFL.
I mean, if it was true you can not believe it, but a second is a second.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wasn't that skewed after the Cards were essentially out of the game and the Rams went into a prevent-esque defense?
It may have been. But the majority of pressure I saw was kyler standing back there and not identifying the open man. Is it a quicker clock with the best defensive player in the nfl? Yes. Was it a tsunami of pressure? Not by a long shot.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno ... Joe Burrow was sacked 9 times and found a way to win :shrug:

That's misleading though they had 3 INT's, he threw for lots of yardage but no TD's. they won that game because of their defense picking the Titans 3 times.

No idea what Kyler would have done in the same situation but our defense never keeps us in games where he does that Burrow did yesterday. I guess we did in the bad weather game against the Bears.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Take away Kupp or Samuels, and the Rams or Niners would probably not be where they are. Metcalf is probably not that stud WR yet but he might get there for the Hawks. Copper gave the Cowboys hope but he is no Samuels or Kupp with working the whole field. Adams is amazing and got back but was not enough to get Green Bay over the hump going against a team with another bawler to equal the advantage
The Cardinals lost Hopkins for the season. I turned my nose up to the talking heads which said that losing him defeated the Card's chances but I was wrong and they were right
We lost because in this offense tilted league we lost D-Hop
I am hedging my bets on the Bengals though being a rookie he has probably some rough ends... but Chase might become one of the greatest WRs of all time and puts the Bengals in place for the years to come
I have come to the same conclusion.

In today's NFL, stud WR's are the most valuable players outside QB.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yet you’ll defend Keim till the end despite all the massive holes you believe we have in the roster and our coaching problems.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
If you want to be a great QB in this league there's just some times where you gotta carry the team on your back.

I agree on the roster deficiencies, it's obvious that this recipe just ain't going to work though. Need a new chef in the kitchen and a new restaurant manager up front.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I dunno ... Joe Burrow was sacked 9 times and found a way to win :shrug:
He's also throwing to 1 absolute stud (Chase) & 3 other very nice options. We have a geriatric, a person in the witness protection plan, and a rookie who can't stay healthy. Also, the Cincy D showed up and kept Henry at bay & their team in the game. Tannehill sucks. Our D doesn't have the ability to stop anyone while our offense works to get going. We have 2 three & outs & generally down 14-0. If Murray gets sacked 9 times, we lose by 40 & 90% of this board's heads would explode. And that's even if we won.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And yet you’ll defend Keim till the end despite all the massive holes you believe we have in the roster and our coaching problems.
Not true. I've given Keim the benefit of the doubt because I still blame VJ more than Keim for Simmons & Collins. But, bottom line, when you draft a stud QB, it's the GM's responsibility to build around him. For whatever reasons being, and there are many, that's not getting done. I firmly believe VJ has to go ASAP. And KK/SK are on very short leashes.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you want to be a great QB in this league there's just some times where you gotta carry the team on your back.

I agree on the roster deficiencies, it's obvious that this recipe just ain't going to work though. Need a new chef in the kitchen and a new restaurant manager up front.
Disagree. Was Mahomes able to carry the Chiefs last year in the SB when he was missing both starting tackles? And Murray was missing far more than that the entire 2nd half of this season. Not going to argue with you that the FO is hanging by a thread. At least for me. But, even that change won't save us from the Bidwill's inability to create a consistent winning franchise.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Disagree. Was Mahomes able to carry the Chiefs last year in the SB when he was missing both starting tackles? And Murray was missing far more than that the entire 2nd half of this season. Not going to argue with you that the FO is hanging by a thread. At least for me. But, even that change won't save us from the Bidwill's inability to create a consistent winning franchise.
Maybe you missed the part where Mahomes went to the Super Bowl and Kyler got dogwalked in the first round. Kyler has never won a playoff game in college or in the pros and has never won a game to get them in the playoffs. Even more than that, he has been terrible in those situations.

and trust me that if Kyler put up any sort of fight in those games, the blame would be squarely on Kliff. Unfortunately for the #protectKyler crowd, Kyler chose to leave behind his super-precognition powers in the biggest game of his professional career and embarrass himself.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe you missed the part where Mahomes went to the Super Bowl and Kyler got dogwalked in the first round. Kyler has never won a playoff game in college or in the pros and has never won a game to get them in the playoffs. Even more than that, he has been terrible in those situations.

and trust me that if Kyler put up any sort of fight in those games, the blame would be squarely on Kliff. Unfortunately for the #protectKyler crowd, Kyler chose to leave behind his super-precognition powers in the biggest game of his professional career and embarrass himself.
Are you really going to compare the situation Murray has in AZ with what Mahomes has in KC? Murray lost in ONE college playoff game & one NFL playoff game. Long ways to go. Mahomes never sniffed a college playoff game. Oh that’s right. He didn’t play for a team that had enough talent around him to really make a difference.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose