Would you rather be the Eagles or Cardinals?

Would you rather be the Eagles or Cardinals?

• Cardinals

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Eagles

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the Eagles game and they were terrible. I watched the Cardinals game and they were terrible. So it got me thinking...these two "playoff" teams got embarrassed but who would you rather have as a team?

So, how about you. Would you rather be the Eagles or Cardinals? In other words, would you trade the Eagles whole organization for the Cardinals?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A buddy is an Eagles fan he sent me this today because he knew how bummed I was and how mad I was at Kyler.

In their game Sunday, there's a play with 2 Wr's on each side, Smith and Watkins on the left, Reagor and another on the right. Hurts tells Reagor to go in motion so he starts to then stops and goes back, they barely get the play off in time, it's a bust. Hurts yells at Reagor. After they punt the cameras get Smith and Reagor talking on the sideline and claim they are arguing because Smith is mad at Reagor for blowing the play.

So they asked Smith about it at the press conference, remember they played together in college at one time, and Smith tells the truth. No we weren't arguing, we were lined up wrong but it wasn't Jalen he was lined up right. What actually happened is Watkins was lined up wrong, Smith was afraid to tell him to move because he can hear Hurts telling Reagor to move. So Reagor starts in motion and then Smith starts yelling and Hurts then tells reagor to get back set and snap.

So the QB didn't know the formation, yelled at the guy who was lined up correctly, moved him, twice, and still didn't know at the end of the play that it was Watkins lined up wrong.

So their QB after 2 years doesn't know the formation, and yells at the guy lined up correctly. And Smith, who played with HUrts at Alabama, apparently admitted the whole thing at the presser instead of just saying we were not arguing and Reagor was lined up correctly. Been saying it all year apparently a bunch of Eagles players wanted anybody but Hurts at Qb. Even when they were winning and running the ball the Wr's all were in favor of Minshew playing.

So I prefer us because near as I can tell we don't have a WR group that all hopes Kyler gets benched.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals no question. I know Kyler can make the throws. Jalen can't.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is this a joke? Are you people smoking crack? Eagles for sure!! They finished their season 7- 3 to make the playoffs.

Weak division, three 1st round picks, and a crappy QB that took them to the playoffs making next to nothing. Also, they actually won a Superbowl. At this point I'm pretty sure I will die never knowing that feeling (I'm 37).

The eagles could easily trade some of their picks and retool with a QB like Wilson. Put Russel Wilson on that team next year and then ask this question again. They could roll with Hurts one more year and will probably still make the playoffs, maybe even win their division. They could start Minshew and be a better team, especially adding 3 1st round picks to that team.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this a joke? Are you people smoking crack? Eagles for sure!! They finished their season 7- 3 to make the playoffs.

Weak division, three 1st round picks, and a crappy QB that took them to the playoffs making next to nothing. Also, they actually won a Superbowl. At this point I'm pretty sure I will die never knowing that feeling (I'm 37).

The eagles could easily trade some of their picks and retool with a QB like Wilson. Put Russel Wilson on that team next year and then ask this question again. They could roll with Hurts one more year and will probably still make the playoffs, maybe even win their division. They could start Minshew and be a better team, especially adding 3 1st round picks to that team.
How many games does Philly win in the NFC West? 4 or 5 tops. Sure, their 3 first round picks look nice but that team needs to show us more.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How many games does Philly win in the NFC West? 4 or 5 tops. Sure, their 3 first round picks look nice but that team needs to show us more.
I'm saying their division is completely up for grabs, with the giants being terrible, Washington being one step above terrible, and Dallas as complete choke artists.

Philly has a QB who can't throw. And they still made the playoffs and managed to go 7-3 over their last 10. (We went 4-6.)

If they start Minshew next year I think they get to double digit wins...and that's without any other moves. They have 3 first round picks which makes them able to either trade for a better QB, load up in the trenches, or trade up for an elite player they want.

If I were their GM I would go all in for Russel Wilson. If not, I would go after Cousins, Goff, or Mayfield. Add any of those QBs to the eagles and I will bet almost any amount that they have a better record than the cards next year.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I watched the Eagles game and they were terrible. I watched the Cardinals game and they were terrible. So it got me thinking...these two "playoff" teams got embarrassed but who would you rather have as a team?

So, how about you. Would you rather be the Eagles or Cardinals? In other words, would you trade the Eagles whole organization for the Cardinals?
It depends on what you mean. The fans of Philly don’t stand for losing and would run KK outta here after this season and Keim probably would have been gone too. Sorry, but Cards media and a lot of the fans are soft. The fact that opposing teams can get a home field advantage playing in our house is almost as embarrassing as last nights game. Philly fans are insane. I’m not saying they’re better people by any means, just that their voice has more impact on team culture than Cards fans.

Also, just watched some of the post-game press conferences of Eagles players. They mention the Bucs are a good team but mostly point the fingers at themselves for playing poorly.

I am so sick of hearing “you gotta give them credit”…. I want to hear “We played like absolute crap. A college team would have beat us. Yes, they are a good team. But we handed them that win.”

JJ Watt was one of the only players to own up. Everyone else was all cliches and “duh, I don’t know, give them credit”.

PlayerHater

Veteran
Reaction score

Funny you posted this because right after the game I told my wife that we are the Eagles of the west.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Funny you posted this because right after the game I told my wife that we are the Eagles of the west.
We are not even close to them right now. In the last 5 years they have made the playoffs 4 times and won the superbowl!

They went to the playoffs this year in the first year of a new coach. They have 3 first round picks. Their QB is a backup at best drafted in the 2nd round.

We used the #1 overall pick, are probably going to pay him 40 million per year. And he has just as many division titles and playoff victories as Hurts.

The eagles are miles closer than we are to being a perennially good team. Again, playoffs in 4 of 5 years and a SB victory.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Cards are in the toughest division, beat each team in their division once this year, and beat the playoff bound Niners twice. How many teams would have done that? How many of the playoff teams could have even done that?

All is not lost for the Cards. We have a lot of good players, unlike many times over the years. I am convinced now that we do need a different more experienced coach on both side of the ball. I would like our future chances so much more if and when we get rid of Keim. Enough of him. We gotta go in a different direction if we are ever going to get over the hump. Our team will always be behind the better teams until we get a good GM. If Bidwill won't do that, then he is settling for mediocrity.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Philly’s roster isn’t good. Roseman isn’t that much better in the draft than Keim although he’s better at building up the trenches.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose