Cardinals at Rams playoff gameday thread 1-17-2022

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Imagine the Rams without Kupp, Packers without Adams, Bills without Diggs, Vikings without Jefferson, Bengals without Chase.

Sure the offense should be better without him but he’s a huge part of the offense even when he’s not targeted.
I don’t think any of those teams would go 1-5. I also don’t think any of them would’ve been the embarrassment we saw last night.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yup that three plays:

Green drop crucial ball
Kyler throwing scrub pick six
Returning a kickoff for 15 yards

. . . is what’s called ***********. It’s letting one bad okay impact the next and then impact the next. It’s what a good coaching staff helps the team avoid. This is a bad coaching staff.
S n o w b a l l i n g is banned? Is that’s something kinky that I’ve never heard of?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I was all for giving KK another year until I saw this:

Texas Tech:
• '13: lost 5 of 6
• '14: lost 4 of 6
• '15: lost 4 of 6
• '16: lost 6 of 8
• '17: lost 6 of 8
• '18: lost 5 of 5

Cardinals:
• '19: lost 7 of 9
• '20: lost 5 of 7
• ‘21: lost 5 of 6

We gotta clean house now, or we will be all the way back at rock bottom in another year. We still have some good players to be a .500 team, but may not be in another year. Get a new HC and GM while good ones might want to coach the Cards, and before the next draft is wasted. What more evidence do we need? You don't wait for the ship to completely sink before you start saving the passengers.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
BTW... for whatever reason, the only time I felt good watching that game was when DJ was not taking any of Donald's bullying and stood up to him, and Donald should have been kicked out
One lesson I hope the cards get out of this is that they were bullied
Thank god someone on this team has balls. Kyler and kliff should be calling their own performances massive failures.
but we got “give credit to the Rams, they executed better tonight” crap from KK. What would Arians say? We got our ass kicked from start to finish, no sugar coating anything.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The amount of these stats should be enough to get a coach canned. Lack of preparation.

I"m still #stiff4kliff, so take this with a grain of salt, but he can't make Kyler not take a sack. He can't make Kyler not throw a 40-yard bomb on 3rd and six (outside of the two minute drill).

He's damned if he doesn't allow Kyler a short outlet route to Rondale Moore, and he's damned if Kyler goes deep.

S n o w b a l l i n g is banned? Is that’s something kinky that I’ve never heard of?
Man, you've been married to long.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think any of those teams would go 1-5. I also don’t think any of them would’ve been the embarrassment we saw last night.
Bills without Diggs went 10-6 two years ago and that was before Josh Allen came of age.

The Packers went 2-0 without Davante including beating US in our house.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last I checked the rules of the game don’t change for the playoffs. The field and ball have the same configuration as regular season.
This. This. This.

They played the game as if it was their first time playing it…ever. What a joke.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I"m still #stiff4kliff, so take this with a grain of salt, but he can't make Kyler not take a sack. He can't make Kyler not throw a 40-yard bomb on 3rd and six (outside of the two minute drill).

He's damned if he doesn't allow Kyler a short outlet route to Rondale Moore, and he's damned if Kyler goes deep.

Man, you've been married to long.
I guess I just can’t buy that kyler is so uncoachable that kliff is trying to change those bad actions and Kyler is just refusing to change. Kliff is the only guy, outside of kyler, that is in a position to either get or help kyler to change those things. And not only haven’t they changed, they’ve regressed. That tells me get someone else/better for kyler.

Mind you, none of this absolves kyler of responsibility. I’ve been very vocal regarding kylers film comments. I think there’s a joint failure there for kyler’s failures. Compound that with what I think of kliff’s failures as a game manager and a leader and I’m #miffedw/kliff.

And I’m tempted to google s nowballing but also terrified.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I guess I just can’t buy that kyler is so uncoachable that kliff is trying to change those bad actions and Kyler is just refusing to change. Kliff is the only guy, outside of kyler, that is in a position to either get or help kyler to change those things. And not only haven’t they changed, they’ve regressed. That tells me get someone else/better for kyler.

Mind you, none of this absolves kyler of responsibility. I’ve been very vocal regarding kylers film comments. I think there’s a joint failure there for kyler’s failures. Compound that with what I think of kliff’s failures as a game manager and a leader and I’m #miffedw/kliff.

There are two points that I’m arguing or that I believe.

1) Kliff is a perfectly fine NFL coach. He can lead a locker room, he can design and install an offense, he can call a game. He’s not Matt LeFleur, but he’s also not Freddie Kitchens.

2) Kyler and Kliff are a toxic pairing. Kliff’s fate is tied to Kyler; Kyler’s isn’t tied to Kliff. Kliff is giving Kyler too much leash and probably not holding him sufficiently accountable. Everyone hoped that Colt McCoy would teach Kyler how to be a Big Boy QB, but it didn’t take.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

1) Kliff is a perfectly fine NFL coach. He can lead a locker room, he can design and install an offense, he can call a game. He’s not Matt LeFleur, but he’s also not Freddie Kitchens.

2) Kyler and Kliff are a toxic pairing. Kliff’s fate is tied to Kyler; Kyler’s isn’t tied to Kliff. Kliff is giving Kyler too much leash and probably not holding him sufficiently accountable. Everyone hoped that Colt McCoy would teach Kyler how to be a Big Boy QB, but it didn’t take.
That is something which crossed my mind and one hell of a catch 22

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Agree with #2. I’ve seen no evidence that he can lead a locker room. He’s had his team quit on him during the second half of every season he’s ever coached, a ton of games where the team just comes out flat. He can design an offense and call a game - but even there I think he’s wildly inconsistent at best and I question if his system is sustainable and isn’t ultimately abandoned like the run n shoot.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It is 24 hours since the loss. I still cannot comprehend how a franchise QB can put up that performance in the playoffs after self declaring "I am built for this".

What a freaking nightmare that was. Single worst half of NFL game I have seen Cardinals ever play.

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I fell for it.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is 24 hours since the loss. I still cannot comprehend how a franchise QB can put up that performance in the playoffs after self declaring "I am built for this".

What a freaking nightmare that was. Single worst half of NFL game I have seen Cardinals ever play.
It was painful. All the anticipation for that display.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It was painful. All the anticipation for that display.
The man never won anything after high school and got blown out by Alabama in a half for Big 10 championship and the gall to think the world is going to lay down to pave their way for his superbowl. Does he believe his own myth or is it just for the audience?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The man never won anything after high school and got blown out by Alabama in a half for Big 10 championship and the gall to think the world is going to lay down to pave their way for his superbowl. Does he believe his own myth or is it just for the audience?

On the flip side Joe Burrow beat Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma and Clemson in the same season.