That’s Why You Fire Kliff

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
think we'll get that today? i want to hear from keim
The last time i heard him was months a go, pretty weird for nfl gm, but has more responsibility the man who stick with him
Fans should ask for a new ownership
Yesterday worldwide was on video the longest franchise droughts in the USA sports
4 franchise included the Cardinals, what a shame

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bidwill needs to make at least two immediate changes. Fire VJ and insist KK get a real NFL OC.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The last time i heard him was months a go, pretty weird for nfl gm, but has more responsibility the man who stick with him
Fans should ask for a new ownership
Yesterday worldwide was on video the longest franchise droughts in the USA sports
4 franchise included the Cardinals, what a shame
Cardinals are a notoriously a secretive organization. Almost no news ever leaks without them ever leaking for their own benefit..They interact very limited with media as a policy and only talk to their pseudo PR team at 98.7. Don't trust their motives. They isolate any local media that talks negative or asks tough questions to them slowly but eventually.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cardinals are a notoriously a secretive organization. Almost no news ever leaks without them ever leaking for their own benefit..They interact very limited with media as a policy and only talk to their pseudo PR team at 98.7. Don't trust their motives. They isolate any local media that talks negative or asks tough questions to them slowly but eventually.
Why this happens?
Media are getting something in return?
U can't really isolate professional journalism
Fanbase disinterested?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why this happens?
Media are getting something in return?
U can't really isolate professional journalism
Fanbase disinterested?
Limited Market scope is the main reason.

They know enough buy season tickets for a profit and that is all they need.

Winning is good but not required IMO.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Limited Market scope is the main reason.

They know enough buy season tickets for a profit and that is all they need.

Winning is good but not required IMO.
So the solution is getting ride of the Bidwill house and move the franchise elsewhere?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So the solution is getting ride of the Bidwill house and move the franchise elsewhere?
See that is how they have you by the b*lls as this is a potent question without a good answer.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Screaming A Smith sums it up very well at the tail end of this piece:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bickley's column today is titled "Kliff Kingsburry has to go"

For what its worth.

I think that local media speaks very highly of Michael Bidwill, but I think they are fairly critical of FO and Coaches.

I would clean house at this point, with the hope that Kyler is worth salvaging. You don't want to go into next year with a lame duck HC...so its either extend Kliff or fire him, and after last night you have to lean towards firing him. If thats the decision, then its also a perfect time to part ways with Keim. Like I said though, I would actually keep Keim but take all draft responsibilities away from him. If he wasn't on board with that I would let him walk.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They won’t fire him but they better not extend him. If the Cards have a slow start they should make a provisional change mid-season. If they have a good start but a familiar swoon they should make a change next off-season. IMHO.
If they don't extend then I hope like hell they fire him. Lame duck is the worst of the three options IMO.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bickley's column today is titled "Kliff Kingsburry has to go"

For what its worth.

I think that local media speaks very highly of Michael Bidwill, but I think they are fairly critical of FO and Coaches.

I would clean house at this point, with the hope that Kyler is worth salvaging. You don't want to go into next year with a lame duck HC...so its either extend Kliff or fire him, and after last night you have to lean towards firing him. If thats the decision, then its also a perfect time to part ways with Keim. Like I said though, I would actually keep Keim but take all draft responsibilities away from him. If he wasn't on board with that I would let him walk.
Bickley has always been critical of KK.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
One thing that is under discussed on the board is Murray going to Bidwill and telling him there needs to be a new coach for more success. That is a no zero probability and the single reason why Kliff may not return in 2022.
Did this happen?

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
If they don't extend then I hope like hell they fire him. Lame duck is the worst of the three options IMO.
Why is this the worst case scenario?

Also, does the board think Michael Bidwill didn't select Kliff Kingsbury as the coach of the team? Does everyone think Keim handpicked Kliff and sold him to ownership?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is this the worst case scenario?

Also, does the board think Michael Bidwill didn't select Kliff Kingsbury as the coach of the team? Does everyone think Keim handpicked Kliff and sold him to ownership?
Because lame duck coaches have a long history of disastrous seasons. Including right here in Arizona. The coach is in limbo, constant distraction about contract status. Free agents are more reluctant because they aren't sure the guy will be there after the season. If it doesn't go well early, the vets start tuning out the coaching and looking out for themselves. It's a setup for failure.

No thank you. Fire, extend but no lame duck. Please.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Because lame duck coaches have a long history of disastrous seasons. Including right here in Arizona. The coach is in limbo, constant distraction about contract status. Free agents are more reluctant because they aren't sure the guy will be there after the season. If it doesn't go well early, the vets start tuning out the coaching and looking out for themselves. It's a setup for failure.

No thank you. Fire, extend but no lame duck. Please.
I'd MUCH rather have a lame duck than an extension! No way do I want 3-4 more years of KK. My preference is to clean house and for Michael B to hire someone willing to tell him not to meddle.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd MUCH rather have a lame duck than an extension! No way do I want 3-4 more years of KK. My preference is to clean house and for Michael B to hire someone willing to tell him not to meddle.
I would be a little more comfortable with an extension because Bidwill was willing to eat three years of Wilks' contract. So, I don't think a two or three year extension makes him totally safe after the 2022 season. I want a winning season next year, but we are looking at a train wreck as most likely outcome.

Plus, it's not my money. :)

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

If he's let go in 4 years, it means 3 years deemed successful.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right. I also don't think this team has the stomach to pay another coach for a year of not coaching the team after what they just did to Wilks.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right. I also don't think this team has the stomach to pay another coach for a year of not coaching the team after what they just did to Wilks.

That means this team would still not have real NFL ownership. I do believe Bidwill Jr has been doing it right as far as putting money where his mouth is for a winner. But, it's always .. what have you done lately?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose