2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hell to the no. If LeBron and Westbrook can't seem to get it to work with the Lakers how would they here? Plus, you would be giving up the three main parts of our team that helped us get to the Finals last year and get us to the best record this year. That would be one of the worst trades I have ever seen. If this was younger LeBron and Westbrook that would be a different story. Giving up your youth (including Bridges and 2 firsts) to hamper your team in the future for them at this age would be dumb.
Seriously?

How demented must you actually be to think the #1 team in the league will trade you their best assets, for some of your ancient selfish garbage from a team that will be lucky to make the playoffs and think that is realistic.

Thats so stupid I can't believe that isn't just trolls.
Obviously I would never consider it. But you guys should check out Laker fans on Twitter, they have some wild ideas.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously I would never consider it. But you guys should check out Laker fans on Twitter, they have some wild ideas.

The Lakers and Knicks think their garbage is treasure.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It's not just their people, many time I have read here trades like Saric while injured plus a second round pick for fill in an all star name......

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Lakers and Knicks think their garbage is treasure.

Last year I remember an actual Lakers writer saying the Lakers should trade Kuzma for Booker, straight up... as though it was something the Suns would jump all over.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year I remember an actual Lakers writer saying the Lakers should trade Kuzma for Booker, straight up... as though it was something the Suns would jump all over.

One has to read these tweets and articles with a grain of salt. Some of these articles are clickbait or people who have no idea how trades work. Lakers fans seem particularly bad at it.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lakers fans are used to buying whatever they need to win a chip. Why wouldn't they think they could just throw money at Booker.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers fans are used to buying whatever they need to win a chip. Why wouldn't they think they could just throw money at Booker.

That is their thought process.

Luckily Booker is under contract for an additional two seasons. Also they have minimal assets and the Suns are the better team.

When the time comes though, they will be hanging around the back door trying to steal away a player.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donovan Mitchell entering concussion protocol.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a good trade for the Nuggets. Forbes is a good shooter.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really familiar with Bryn.
He's an undersized shooting guard that's weak on defense. He can get hot but while Shamet has not lived up to expectations, had we been the one to acquire Bryn we'd be almost as unhappy with him as we are Landry IMO.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's an undersized shooting guard that's weak on defense. He can get hot but while Shamet has not lived up to expectations, had we been the one to acquire Bryn we'd be almost as unhappy with him as we are Landry IMO.
Shamet has some size and plays hard on D.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shamet has some size and plays hard on D.
True and he has a nice shot when he's set and takes it within the offense but he doesn't do that often enough. In that regard, Forbes is the better player but thanks to defense and ball handling the difference isn't all that great.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
February 10th is the NBA trade deadline so it's not too far away.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really familiar with Bryn.

Forbes is a 6'2" shooting guard who can shoot lights out. If I could find a point guard that could do the same thing I'd like for the Suns to go after him.

As Cotton Fitzsimmons used to say, "You can never have enough shooters."

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
-
Morey really thinks Ben is going to get a superstar back lol

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forbes is a 6'2" shooting guard who can shoot lights out. If I could find a point guard that could do the same thing I'd like for the Suns to go after him.

As Cotton Fitzsimmons used to say, "You can never have enough shooters."
He's a good 3 point shooter and that's about it, he's a liability elsewhere.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a good 3 point shooter and that's about it, he's a liability elsewhere.

There is always a time and a place for those.

On a different note I wonder if James Jones has his eye on another addition or two. The addition of Biyombo flew under the radar until it happened.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
My guess it was having to include Thybulle that killed it.

Thybulle is a good defender but he’s averaging under 6 ppg... Tyrese Halliburton would be the Sixers best PG instantly which is something they need. Plus two more shooters in Barnes/Hield (if that report is true).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thybulle is a good defender but he’s averaging under 6 ppg... Tyrese Halliburton would be the Sixers best PG instantly which is something they need. Plus two more shooters in Barnes/Hield (if that report is true).

I think Ben Simmons is the wrong trade for the Kings. They would be better off going after Sabonis.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's better than just "a good defender" but I'm not weighing in on the deal, just pointing out the likely reason they'd choose to not make the deal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose