OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the "top 5 GM" achieved in 9 years @cardsfanmd

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

3 good NFL players on that list and 1 of them isn't even a Cardinal anymore.

HOpe is still out for Simmons and Collins

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Allen Robinson is a FA and could be had on a one yr prove it deal. Upgrade over AJ Green
Hopkins, Robinson, Moore. I would kick the tires on Damiere Bird again

Cardinals need better LG and to bring MAxx back

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As I watched Donald being the jackass he is I couldn't help but long for Dobler, Banks Dierdorf and Young. Would have been a different type of battle.
Would love nothing but an Oline of guys with Doblers mentality towards football.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I really want another good Wr but I have to say right now I think the smart move is pick the best interior lineman you can find Offense or defense, or a CB. Because whatever we do at coach this year and beyond, a good interior player or a CB is going to be of value to that coach. If you draft a skill position guy you may pick someone and then a year from now new coach wants something totally different.

And I completely omitted RB I'm assuming we'll retain at least one of Chase or Conner but I would be surprised if it's both.

Conner gave it his all you could see on that pick where Kyler made such a bad throw to him he was thinking I'm playing in pain for this?
What if I told you we had targeted a generational ILB prospect we feel really, really good about?
Allen Robinson is a FA and could be had on a one yr prove it deal. Upgrade over AJ Green
Hopkins, Robinson, Moore. I would kick the tires on Damiere Bird again

Cardinals need better LG and to bring MAxx back
It's hilarious you think that Allen Robinson at 28 years old would sign a one-year prove it deal. People who know the NFL love Robinson.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
What if I told you we had targeted a generational ILB prospect we feel really, really good about?

It's hilarious you think that Allen Robinson at 28 years old would sign a one-year prove it deal. People who know the NFL love Robinson.
he was hurt off and on this year and had trash stat lines when he played. He would be smart to take the 1 yr deal and build up his stock.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I confused that he allegedly punched Hump, then Pugh came in when they were scuffling and he ripped of Humps helmet, then tried to choke him and then hit him backhanded and even raked his face. It was pretty surprising Donald didn't get 2 penalties there or even get tossed. But Pugh was apparently the peacemaker not Hump
100% agree. Donald should have been tossed.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They don't have 5 building blocks and this forum thinks Keim is untouchable
There is a difference between untouchable and actually being fired.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would virtually kick you in the butt if you told me that (-: But I would not be surprised at all.

Eagles fan I know said on the board he's on they're discussing a rumored trade of Jalen Reagor for Andy Isabella. I told him I actually still like Reagor although he's been pretty bad so far but if you guys think Andy is going to do anything better than Reagor has you are not paying attention he's inactive most of our games.

If last night wasn't depressing enough for us look back at the recent drafts. We have ONE player on the roster from the 2017 draft, Budda, 2 players from 2018 Kirk and Edmonds. Mina is 100% right you look at our lack of depth it's entirely because Keim misses on so many picks he has to sign guys to fill roles and then has to go cheap on the depth to stay under the cap.

I still want a new coaching staff but I do agree it all should start with can Steve Keim.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would virtually kick you in the butt if you told me that (-: But I would not be surprised at all.

Eagles fan I know said on the board he's on they're discussing a rumored trade of Jalen Reagor for Andy Isabella. I told him I actually still like Reagor although he's been pretty bad so far but if you guys think Andy is going to do anything better than Reagor has you are not paying attention he's inactive most of our games.

If last night wasn't depressing enough for us look back at the recent drafts. We have ONE player on the roster from the 2017 draft, Budda, 2 players from 2018 Kirk and Edmonds. Mina is 100% right you look at our lack of depth it's entirely because Keim misses on so many picks he has to sign guys to fill roles and then has to go cheap on the depth to stay under the cap.

I still want a new coaching staff but I do agree it all should start with can Steve Keim.
I would take a bologna sandwich for Isabella. Why would anyone trade for him at this point when he is likely to not even make the roster next year?

I ONLY want a new coaching staff if it means that Keim goes too. Let them all sink or swim together so we can get a competent GM that can actually draft.

I think Kliff and Keim stays, but I would love it if Harbaugh came here and took over this team.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'd absolutely get rid of this guy. He's had one good season (last season) and has reverted back to him usual mediocrity. There are a tonne of guys you can pay far less to for this level of play.

Hell, I'd stick Beachum out there and find a new RT. With the cap situation we have that's a lot of money to save, and Hump isn't ever going to be anything other than mediocre over a season of games.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One of the things that amazes me on the run defense, we played 7 games this year against the Rams, the 49ers and Seattle. all of them run that misdirection eye candy stuff on run plays. If you paid attention in the Dallas and 49ers game they kept saying the D coordinators for Dallas telling their players don't be fooled by the eye candy don't get distracted find the ball. Dallas couldn't do it either. But we played 7 games this year where that's a big part of the run game for the team, and we play them all 3 times a year. How many years of that does a Vance Joseph coached team need to see before he and the players start to figure it out?

In the first quarter I was screaming mad at the screen watching the DL get fooled in the motion and the RB cut it back, or us having the RB seemingly bottled up and he just slows down waits for a block and then surges forward for 7 yards. And again Simmons inability to play the run last night was shocking, it's really not a surprise they eventually pulled him for Vallejo he just could not do anything against the run just overran everything.

I actually deleted my recording of the game this morning I was watching the first quarter and just couldn't handle it anymore we were SO bad it was unbelievable

That first TE screen where Daniels found the only tackler in the area and ran right into him unreal
Three VJ years of defense. All years Cardinals finished outside top 20 for run defense. VJ is a disaster barring the first few games of the season..note that defense was healthy in the Rams game minus Alford.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The reality is that we're stuck in our current situation offensively for another year. We're not making a QB change the year after Kyler makes the Pro Bowl, and we're not making a HC change the year after Kliff leads the team to its third-highest win total in 45 years.

Next year is about gathering information. We could return all five starting offensive linemen if we want to.
Actual legitimate question. If the Cardinals don't offer or start talk w/ Kyler and his agent about an extension, do you think he reports to A's spring training? I am not saying as a "baseball player" but even as just a gimmick? I also think it would be likely he doesn't report to voluntaries either.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It's funny but I happened to see her earlier in the year talking about exactly that I think it was after the Packers game IIRC. Her comment was exactly that, in a game where the other team had a bunch of starters missing it was alarming how there wasn't a clear talent advantage on the field for the Cards. In fact I know it was the Packers because she commented about how after Hopkins got hurt there was literally nobody on the field for us that could consistently win their matchup it was largely up to Kliff to scheme them open or for them to get open in a scramble drill when Kyler started running.

She pointed out Rodgers had very little talent on the field at WR in the game but he's so good he just got rid of the ball quickly and had a great run game to back him up.

Same with TB, they have lost so much talent at WR and RB but Brady is just so experienced and so good he just keeps beating teams no matter who they put out there.

FYI I sure hope the Bucs beat the Rams, I got so sick of watching Donald cheapshot guys last night and now it comes out that donald apparently punched our LG and that's what started that whole thing where he ripped of Humps helmet and tried to choke him. If you watch the play you can see Hump smiling and trying to calm people down. Apparently Donald was mad at Pugh from a prior play and he basically punched him in the stomach while rushing on that play, Pugh retaliated they squared off and then when Hump and others tried to break it up Donald objected and went after Hump. I would love to see them spend all that money and draft picks and still not even get to the NFC title game. They have some real talent yes but I really hope they lose
Russ - the best players in the world won’t win big under Kliff. Look back no further than the BA era and all the injuries we would accrue like every NFL team does.

That staff would still find ways to win games. Rams lose both starting safeties this week, no problem. The QB position is the only position that a coach/GM has an injury excuse with. If there's injuries elsewhere and you don't have the depth or scheme to overcome that's on them.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would take a bologna sandwich for Isabella. Why would anyone trade for him at this point when he is likely to not even make the roster next year?

I ONLY want a new coaching staff if it means that Keim goes too. Let them all sink or swim together so we can get a competent GM that can actually draft.

I think Kliff and Keim stays, but I would love it if Harbaugh came here and took over this team.

this is from an Eagles fan board I don't think it's an actual rumor just their version of us discussing trades. I agree Andy won't make this roster next year so trading for him would be insane, trading a recent first rounder for him would be really insane.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
this is from an Eagles fan board I don't think it's an actual rumor just their version of us discussing trades. I agree Andy won't make this roster next year so trading for him would be insane, trading a recent first rounder for him would be really insane.
Invisabella can't even beat out Dratch and Antoine Wesley let alone mediocre Kirk. Doubt he would get traded for a weight room assistant let alone an actual NFL player.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actual legitimate question. If the Cardinals don't offer or start talk w/ Kyler and his agent about an extension, do you think he reports to A's spring training? I am not saying as a "baseball player" but even as just a gimmick? I also think it would be likely he doesn't report to voluntaries either.
No chance. He still stands to make oodles more in the NFL even with a new team than in baseball.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The minute he even threatens to do that, you trade him for as much as you can get. Buh-bye, cry baby.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It would be surprising. the A's are not stupid Kyler will be 25 in August, hasn't played baseball since 2018 and has bulked up considerably since then meaning he'd have to remake his body to play baseball. That ship has sailed at this point with Kyler IMO.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If I am Kyler I would never return even a call until contract. The entire regime is getting fired week 5 if they start 0-4 without Murray on the field in 2022.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I'd absolutely get rid of this guy. He's had one good season (last season) and has reverted back to him usual mediocrity. There are a tonne of guys you can pay far less to for this level of play.

Hell, I'd stick Beachum out there and find a new RT. With the cap situation we have that's a lot of money to save, and Hump isn't ever going to be anything other than mediocre over a season of games.

Can you though? I wouldn't be surprised if Keim thinks he's playing three-dimensional chess and drops Josh Jones in there with another 3rd-round pick as a backup plan. Humphries is the 11th-higest paid LT per overthecap; I wouldn't be surprised if they let him play out his deal.

I wouldn't be surprised. Russ did the same thing or something similar — maybe he just attended Mariners spring training. It's not like the As aren't already down here.

Russ - the best players in the world won’t win big under Kliff. Look back no further than the BA era and all the injuries we would accrue like every NFL team does.

That staff would still find ways to win games. Rams lose both starting safeties this week, no problem. The QB position is the only position that a coach/GM has an injury excuse with. If there's injuries elsewhere and you don't have the depth or scheme to overcome that's on them.
STIPULATED that Bruce Arians is a better coach than Kliff Kingsbury. That said, my suggestion is that he's a slightly above-average head coach. I think I might be wrong and he's a slightly below-average coach.

Let's rank the coaches! (Fired head coaches included)

Bill Belichek (NE)
Andy Reid (KC)
Mike Tomlin (PIT)
John Harbaugh (BAL)
Sean Peyton (NO)
Bruce Arians (TB)
Mike Vrabel (TEN)
Sean McDermott (BUF)
Matt LaFleur (GB)
Sean McVay (LARM)
Brian Flores (Fmr. MIA)
Kyle Shanhan (SF)
Brandon Staley (LAC)
Kevin Stefanski (CLE)
KLIFF KINGSBURY (ARI)
Pete Carroll (SEA)
John Gruden (Fmr. LVR)
Frank Reich (IND)
Dan Campbell (DET)
Ron Rivera (WAS)
Zac Taylor (CIN)
Robert Saleh (NYJ)
Mike McCarthy (DAL)
Matt Nagy (Fmr. CHI)
Nick Sirianni (PHI)
Vic Fangio (Fmr. DEN)
Mike Zimmer (Fmr. MIN)
David Culley (Fmr. HOU)
Arthur Smith (ATL)
Matt Rhule (CAR)
Joe Judge (Fmr. NYG)
Urban Meyer (Fmr. JAX)

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you though? I wouldn't be surprised if Keim thinks he's playing three-dimensional chess and drops Josh Jones in there with another 3rd-round pick as a backup plan. Humphries is the 11th-higest paid LT per overthecap; I wouldn't be surprised if they let him play out his deal.

I wouldn't be surprised. Russ did the same thing or something similar — maybe he just attended Mariners spring training. It's not like the As aren't already down here.

STIPULATED that Bruce Arians is a better coach than Kliff Kingsbury. That said, my suggestion is that he's a slightly above-average head coach. I think I might be wrong and he's a slightly below-average coach.

Let's rank the coaches! (Fired head coaches included)

Bill Belichek (NE)
Andy Reid (KC)
Mike Tomlin (PIT)
John Harbaugh (BAL)
Sean Peyton (NO)
Bruce Arians (TB)
Mike Vrabel (TEN)
Sean McDermott (BUF)
Matt LaFleur (GB)
Sean McVay (LARM)
Brian Flores (Fmr. MIA)
Kyle Shanhan (SF)
Brandon Staley (LAC)
Kevin Stefanski (CLE)
KLIFF KINGSBURY (ARI)
Pete Carroll (SEA)
John Gruden (Fmr. LVR)
Frank Reich (IND)
Dan Campbell (DET)
Ron Rivera (WAS)
Zac Taylor (CIN)
Robert Saleh (NYJ)
Mike McCarthy (DAL)
Matt Nagy (Fmr. CHI)
Nick Sirianni (PHI)
Vic Fangio (Fmr. DEN)
Mike Zimmer (Fmr. MIN)
David Culley (Fmr. HOU)
Arthur Smith (ATL)
Matt Rhule (CAR)
Joe Judge (Fmr. NYG)
Urban Meyer (Fmr. JAX)

I hate the guy but Pete Carroll better than Kliff. Frank Reich I think he's better although they imploded too. Taylor hard to say he's not better the way they finished strong this year. I even think Sirianni is better he got to the playoffs with Hurts at QB by just realizing we're not going to be a great passing team so trade Ertz(thank you) make Goedert the TE and become a running team. They also changed their defense midseason because it wasn't working

I might even argue Dan Campbell is better, I don't think Detroit is poorly coached they were less talented they were in most of their games they lost 7 games by a TD or less. Looking at schedule lost by 2 THREE times, a tie, etc. I think he probably did a pretty good job with that roster