A period of reflection and sanity

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No doubt there was someone like you on the Colts board back in the day asking the same question.

Disagreeing is not by definition trolling, no more than a host of superheated adjectives gives validity to a case.
Yep, failing to answer the question is your MO. You've got nothing when asked to bolster your "opinion." I quote that word because I don't think it was your opinion, but a disingenuous potshot post. You used to do this a lot, then you backed off and actually became a cool, chill poster. Is it the frustration from last night/down the stretch catching up to you? Because I can definitely understand if that is the case.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
You guys are overreacting. There are over 20 teams that would love to be in the position that the Cardinals are in.

KK is going nowhere. Trading Murray is insane. We need to revamp the O-line, add some secondary pieces, and come back next year with DHOP.

It wasn’t a bad year
It wasn’t a bad year when you look at it overall. I suppose the good offset the bad. But forgive me if I dissect this season a little more. The playoff performance I just watched was about as poor as I’ve seen and I’ve been watching Cardinals football for 47 years. So no I’m not overreacting when I say this team embarrassed themselves and their fans last night.
After the 10-2 start they were 1-5, which was the worst in the league during that span.
Im a diehard Cardinals fan but I’m not okay with this crap!
I was going to buy season tickets for next year but now I’m not sure.
Why give them my $ for such a poor product.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
is kliff being fired as we speak? IF a change were to be made, would it be done today?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Kliff retains his job we are not a serious franchise.
I find solace in knowing we still aren't...makes the losing easier. ;)
come playoff time., and they didn't look ready for it. Kingsbury needs to make better adjustments in the 2nd half of the season when his scheme has been figured out by opposing defensive coordinators.

jmo.
This. Even RW plainly said that it looked like they, the Rams, just copied their plan from the previous week. The way he put it....the book is out on KK. I'm ok with being patient on head coaches that need to learn....but not coaches that are too stubborn to change because the "system works". Time will tell on KK. It's not leaning in a great direction though IMO.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only thing that is still up in the air is Kyler Murray. He obviously has talent, and there is a legit argument to be made that he isnt being used properly. He needs to improve, and IMO his biggest issue is lack of leadership and crappy/pouty attitude that is very hard to root for....but there is the possibility that he can outgrow those things under a different staff.

Kliff is what he is. People have figured him out. He is a poor game manager, poor play caller, and does not run a tight ship. At most he should have gotten an NFL OC job. Yes his Texas Tech offense scored a lot of points...but its college...and they didnt actually WIN games. KK wasn't their OC...he was the head coach, and his job was to win...which he didn't. He scored points and lost. So to make him a HC again was a mistake. You could argue he could probably score points in the NFL...but to put him in charge of winning games...he has NEVER shown he could do that consistently.

Keim also is what he is. He is one of the 5 worst drafting GM's in the NFL. The amount of picks we have wasted on guys that not only didn't turn into stars...but can't even get on the field...its 10X what it should be. He has kept his job by making good trades. He should have the draft responsibilities taken away from him. If he doesn't like it he can walk. His record speaks for himself. Hire an outside the organization guy whos ENTIRE JOB is assembling scouts and prepping for the draft year round.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yep, failing to answer the question is your MO. You've got nothing when asked to bolster your "opinion." I quote that word because I don't think it was your opinion, but a disingenuous potshot post. You used to do this a lot, then you backed off and actually became a cool, chill poster. Is it the frustration from last night/down the stretch catching up to you? Because I can definitely understand if that is the case.

Hey, Perry Mason, my initial response was along the lines of 'let's not write epitaphs, just yet' and wasn't addressed to you.

There's no requirement to answer your questions, which are a less than clever way of creating some neverending to-and-fro.

Last edited:

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To me it’s pretty simple after watching last night for two reasons. We just aren’t tough enough in the trenches on both sides, and KK doesn’t know how to evolve late in the season to overcome what the other team is doing against him.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Cardinals picking part of the coaching staff for Kingsbury tells me that they knew he was a gamble

All hirings are gambles; think of the guy he replaced.

And Keim and Co., helping create and cull the coaching staff reflected that KK came from the College ranks and didn't have a host of contacts he'd worked with at the NFL level.

OP
OP
tnmike

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hey, Perry Mason, my initial response was along the lines of 'let's not write epitaphs, just yet' and wasn't addressed to you.

There's no requirement to answer your questions, which are less than a clever way of creating some neverending to-and-fro.

Attachments

• godfather business.jpg
    godfather business.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 6

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Look pains me to say this let nuk watt team hopefully get healthy give kliff 1 just 1 more shot to win just 1 poff gm to prove he is a serious franchise hc

Im sad and ashamed as a cards fan but will support cards no matter how crappy lol or good im honestly use to it ugh

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
You guys are overreacting. There are over 20 teams that would love to be in the position that the Cardinals are in.

KK is going nowhere. Trading Murray is insane. We need to revamp the O-line, add some secondary pieces, and come back next year with DHOP.

It wasn’t a bad year
While this team is old on paper, most of the talent and frontline depth is young and/or inexperienced. Didn't they say there were 31 Cardinals making their playoff debut last night? That's a lot for a team to overcome, especially when a lot of the coaching staff is in the same boat. The bright lights of the playoffs just melted them down and they never had a chance.

Add OL, DL and WR in the draft/FA. I think some of the youngsters, like #20 just hit a wall by the end of the year. They will be fine with continued playing and development.

Jettison AI...Make reasonable offers to Green and Kirk (Green would be more of a priority, IMO, than Kirk), unless someone else better is available in FA/Draft. Figure out what the hell you have with Simmons and Collins, once and for all. If Collins is finally the answer, maybe can get something for #58 (compensatory). Re-sign Jones, even if guaranteed short term money is a bit high. Put Watt in bubble-wrap for the off-season. Consider Moore as a Darren Sproles type player, but who can run routes when needed. Give Chase and Conner deals to comeback together, unless Chase can be easily replaced. I think Conner is the priority.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
While this team is old on paper, most of the talent and frontline depth is young and/or inexperienced. Didn't they say there were 31 Cardinals making their playoff debut last night? That's a lot for a team to overcome, especially when a lot of the coaching staff is in the same boat. The bright lights of the playoffs just melted them down and they never had a chance.

Add OL, DL and WR in the draft/FA. I think some of the youngsters, like #20 just hit a wall by the end of the year. They will be fine with continued playing and development.

Jettison AI...Make reasonable offers to Green and Kirk (Green would be more of a priority, IMO, than Kirk), unless someone else better is available in FA/Draft. Figure out what the hell you have with Simmons and Collins, once and for all. If Collins is finally the answer, maybe can get something for #58 (compensatory). Re-sign Jones, even if guaranteed short term money is a bit high. Put Watt in bubble-wrap for the off-season. Consider Moore as a Darren Sproles type player, but who can run routes when needed. Give Chase and Conner deals to comeback together, unless Chase can be easily replaced. I think Conner is the priority.
You are asking to rerun 2021 mostly.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
You are asking to rerun 2021 mostly.
No, not at all. Just recognizing to not give up on some of the youngsters and offer to resign a few key vets. Team needs help in the trenches, both sides and WR...either through draft or FA.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Look pains me to say this let nuk watt team hopefully get healthy give kliff 1 just 1 more shot to win just 1 poff gm to prove he is a serious franchise hc

Im sad and ashamed as a cards fan but will support cards no matter how crappy lol or good im honestly use to it ugh
I would be sad, but not ashamed. You weren't on the field playing. They should, and probably are, embarrassed.

OP
OP
tnmike

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would be sad, but not ashamed. You weren't on the field playing. They should, and probably are, embarrassed.
Ashamed is when someone gets caught holding their Johnson. Embarrassed is when someone cuts one and craps their pants in public

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave