Which type of loss is worse?

Which type of loss is worse?

• Total voters

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you have rather get blown out the way that we did, or lose a close game that has some questionable decisions at the rest of the game? (like Dallas)

Somehow for me, it is easier that we got destroyed in the way that we did. Can you think of one player that had a good game? I don't think I can. The entire team was unprepared, from the coaches all the way down.

It should be easier for there to be some major self reflection when the season ends this way, with no only the players, but the staff as well.

Unless there is a marked improvement with the coaching staff, Kliff is unlikely to get extended and we go a different way.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Blownout :( ugh cause than u have to hear on media on all holes bad team is till freakin next yr!!! Wtf kliff murray sorry still very ticked off

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Blown out
U can win and u can lose
u want a team that can compete till the end or at least trying to do it

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blownout :( ugh cause than u have to hear on media on all holes bad team is till freakin next yr!!! Wtf kliff murray sorry still very ticked off
The media always says the Cards suck.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blown out
U can win and u can lose
u want a team that can compete till the end or at least trying to do it
All this sounds good, but can you imagine if this playoff game ended in the same way that the GB game ended with AJ not turning around?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All this sounds good, but can you imagine if this playoff game ended in the same way that the GB game ended with AJ not turning around?
Maybe the delusion would be deeper but after few days u ll realize u have a good team to root for next season
At now i dont have any expectations, which is really depressing

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would rather not see my QB look absolutely terrified in his first playoff game.
So would I. Kliff said that he wasn't going to let Donald wreck the game, but he did. Is that on him, the players, or the offensive line coach, the GM for not having adequate depth? Yes to all of them.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blown out and embarrassed is the worst. Leaves little to look forward to.
There is plenty to look forward to, if you are able to look at this team from an outsider perspective.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can. Id take that all damn day over the giant turd that got laid at SoFi stadium last night. All day. Every time.
That would be so brutal. It would be so tough.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outsider perspective or dreamer?
Outsider. Whether we can admit it or not after a crushing, demoralizing defeat, this team has steadily improved the past 3 years under Kliff.

Will there be any more improvement, I am not so sure. If this terrible defeat and a lack of improvement next year means that we fire Keim and then by extension Kliff next year, it would be worth it to me.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Close losses show you have a good team that always has a chance...those easily take more years off my life.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Close losses show you have a good team that always has a chance...those easily take more years off my life.
Exactly. I'm not surprised that I am in the minority here. However, with how painful the Super Bowl loss was for us, I am a little surprised it wasn't closer.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That would be so brutal. It would be so tough.
Totally, but I can go to bed with the feeling that we competed, played the best we could and were one play away from moving forward. We took an entire season's worth of steps back last night. That was just atrociously bad football. Laughable. When McVay straight up punk'd KK with the trickery up 21-0, I turned it off. McVay just wiped his ass with our coach last night. And our quarterback looked like a scared little child. No way. Give me the competitive loss every time.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Totally, but I can go to bed with the feeling that we competed, played the best we could and were one play away from moving forward. We took an entire season's worth of steps back last night. That was just atrociously bad football. Laughable. When McVay straight up punk'd KK with the trickery up 21-0, I turned it off. McVay just wiped his ass with our coach last night. And our quarterback looked like a scared little child. No way. Give me the competitive loss every time.

I honestly can't sleep after closer losses or close wins. Thev great rate gets going and it's hard to slow it down

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Blown out, because when you lay an egg on the first national televised MNF wild card game, it facilitates change. But like everything Cardinals-related. the TIMING of everything absolutely sucks. Had this embarrassment happened during the contract year for our coaching staff (next year), we would've issued a public statement (today) saying our entire coaching staff has been let go.

Instead, knowing the Cardinals, we have to bask in mediocrity for the next twelve months before we lay down the gauntlet (if that even happens).

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Outsider. Whether we can admit it or not after a crushing, demoralizing defeat, this team has steadily improved the past 3 years under Kliff.

Will there be any more improvement, I am not so sure. If this terrible defeat and a lack of improvement next year means that we fire Keim and then by extension Kliff next year, it would be worth it to me.
I thought the same way and continued to say so after the last loss to LA. Stayed with them after the Lions loss and Indy loss. But this ending after the second half collapse tells me this is who they are. Not sure how they started off so well but when faced with adversity they don't react well. Is this team we saw last night a team we should look forward to seeing next year? We may not be the third best team in our division.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
and our team looked like they actually belonged in the playoffs??
oh the humanity of it!

a blow out is only better if your goal is to blow it all up and start over.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
For this game….a close game would have been much worse, because then, nothing is really wrong and we just played a good team. Nothing gets exposed, when the truth is a lot needs to be fixed!
At halftime I was actually hoping for a bigger blowout, say 56-3. So Bidwill would be forced to make changes.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

what has been clearly demonstrated is the fact that the bigger the game is, the bigger the collapse will be.
hell, if we had somehow teleported directly to the super bowl our team would have scored a few times for the opponent.
kliff is not a HC, hell, he isnt even a pro level coordinator yet.

if someone went up to him before the game..." hey coach, the rams got a guy starting on defense who is pushing 40 and has been on the couch eating cheetohs for two years..do you plan to attack him?"
Kliff..."really? which guy is that?"

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There is plenty to look forward to, if you are able to look at this team from an outsider perspective.
I'm not sure what, even from an outsider perspective. KM is regressing, not progressing; expecting him to get better is pure hope at this point. I mean, he can, but he has to make a complete attitude adjustment. Nothing I've heard from him suggests that. Our team swoons late in seasons, has never won a clinching or playoff game, and that doesn't appear ready to change. We have a crap ton of turnover and holes to plug on a team already weak with talent. We have a bend but break weak sauce DC that doesn't make any adjustments and runs a bottom 1/3 of the league run defense. Coaching just makes me laugh, thinking about potential positives. We're going to try (haha!) to add top-end talent in the draft. I'm really running out of positives to talk about looking forward to!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose