2019 1st round pick is QB Kyler Murray

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It fits with what we have seen. Red zone has such tighter windows that if you aren't making quick reads and decisions you will struggle.
It has more to do with the fact that Ertz seems to be the only receiver we currently have that even remotely knows how to create space.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes but We can question even the abilities of his receivers when Hopkins was out

It has more to do with the fact that Ertz seems to be the only receiver we currently have that even remotely knows how to create space.
From what I recall with Hopkins it was like 57 or 58% after the 2nd Rams game.

63% when both got hurt after 7 games.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
I have always been up and positive on Kyler, but this is the game that convinced me. He just isn't it. He just doesn't have it.

I don't have the capacity or patience to elaborate right now, but I think a lot of people right now are going to agree with me.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wasn't sold on drafting him but came around to believing he just may be the guy. Always disliked the way he carried himself. Like the kid you knew growing up who was a good athlete but a spoiled brat. As soon as things get tough they fold.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Well I was firmly in the draft Boss and keep Rosen camp. But early this year I thought I was wrong give the kid his due.

Then the article came out about film study and I started to oh no maybe I wasn't wrong. Just doesn't have it between the ears. I'll give the kid another year for sure, but if someone offered me 3 first round picks he'd be gone tomorrow.

Maybe, just maybe this will show him he's not as good as he thinks he is, and needs to put in more work to be great.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We made the correct choice at the time. I really think we need to explore the signal caller. He has to be the first domino to fall. I just don't believe MB will sack Keim. If he does, then Kliff is surely out as well.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well I was firmly in the draft Boss and keep Rosen camp. But early this year I thought I was wrong give the kid his due.

Then the article came out about film study and I started to oh no maybe I wasn't wrong. Just doesn't have it between the ears. I'll give the kid another year for sure, but if someone offered me 3 first round picks he'd be gone tomorrow.

Maybe, just maybe this will show him he's not as good as he thinks he is, and needs to put in more work to be great.
We have tons of other problems too, the roster is badly built and the coaches struggle to put the young guys in a position to succeed
Moreover so many holes with several contracts expiring

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
And that right there shows you how stats lie. He isn't even in the same ball park as Kurt Warner. Not yet, at least.
Warner had plenty of stinkers here for the record. Best team went 10-6 in a trash division. And his supporting cast was >>> Kyler’s.

That being said Kurt was a much better locker room guy than Kyler.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's an ironic quote:

"When you play quarterback your whole life, you're kind of taught to sit in the pocket. If you want to get out of there quick, you probably shouldn't play quarterback." - Kyler Murray

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I saw a graphic that someone was using on Twitter that said the only QBs with 80 passing TDs and 20 rushing TDs through 50 starts was Allen and Jackson. Murray should exceed those numbers through 40 starts.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose