Rondale "Bust" Moore

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sorry, but this kid has been a bust thus far. I hope he can flourish moving forward, but my fears for this pick have been more than realized. Can't stay healthy. A liability on KR (he cost us dearly when he brought the kick out, pinning us back again). Nothing downfield--one of his only catches he gifted to the DB as an INT, and only the DB's good will gave him the ball back. King of the 1-yard or negative-yard specials. Just a complete waste.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but this kid has been a bust thus far. I hope he can flourish moving forward, but my fears for this pick have been more than realized. Can't stay healthy. A liability on KR (he cost us dearly when he brought the kick out, pinning us back again). Nothing downfield--one of his only catches he gifted to the DB as an INT, and only the DB's good will gave him the ball back. King of the 1-yard or negative-yard specials. Just a complete waste.
Way too early to call him a bust or injury prone. In fact your memory is very short. He had some pretty dazzling plays in the first third of the year. There we’re several plays where he should have been easily tackled and was able to literally shake defenders out of their shoes to get first downs etc…. Plays that extended crucial drives. He is far from a bust at this point. He had a disappointing second half of the season sure. But who didn’t? This coaching staff and the way he was used did him no favors AT ALL. This thread imo is a complete overreaction.

Spraining an ankle and missing 3 games hardly makes you “injury prone and can’t stay healthy” that could be the case but need a much larger sample size in his NFL career to lay that label on him.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Way too early to call him a bust or injury prone. In fact your memory is very short. He had some pretty dazzling plays in the first third of the year. There we’re several plays where he should have been easily tackled and was able to literally shake defenders out of their shoes to get first downs etc…. Plays that extended crucial drives. He is far from a bust at this point. He had a disappointing second half of the season sure. But who didn’t? This coaching staff and the way he was used did him no favors AT ALL. This thread imo is a complete overreaction.

Spraining an ankle and missing 3 games hardly makes you “injury prone and can’t stay healthy” that could be the case but need a much larger sample size in his NFL career to lay that label on him.
Oh, he's a bust thus far, for certain. Notice I said thus far. I don't have much faith in him moving forward, and expect more of the same, but all we can do is hold out hope that players can change and develop.

Does he have a bit of wiggle? Sure. Did he show a few flashes? That's the key word--a few. When everything was absolutely perfect, he flashed. Flashed only because there was zero consistency and he got worse as the year went on. He showed no propensity for getting downfield and no propensity for getting better and being a good safety valve. Sure, he can be a "3 yards when you need 15" safety valve, but that's not what we need in a 2nd-rounder.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, he's a bust thus far, for certain. Notice I said thus far. I don't have much faith in him moving forward, and expect more of the same, but all we can do is hold out hope that players can change and develop.

Does he have a bit of wiggle? Sure. Did he show a few flashes? That's the key word--a few. When everything was absolutely perfect, he flashed. Flashed only because there was zero consistency and he got worse as the year went on. He showed no propensity for getting downfield and no propensity for getting better and being a good safety valve. Sure, he can be a "3 yards when you need 15" safety valve, but that's not what we need in a 2nd-rounder.
No he really isn’t. SMH FYI he wasn’t used that way by the coaching staff. Clear as day. You literally have no clue about the ability to do that stuff.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
No he really isn’t. SMH FYI he wasn’t used that way by the coaching staff. Clear as day. You literally have no clue about the ability to do that stuff.
Poor use of literally. So it's the coaching staff's fault that he hasn't been good? Because, I'm sorry, but I'm tired of watching tiny 2nd-round WRs come in and do jack.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I would tend to agree with the "so far" part. He sowed he can play with that catch against the Niners and the ball skills shown on that crazy take away yesterday.

He needs a coach who can use him more than 1 yard behind the line of scrimmage.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m waiting for your Isaiah “Bust” Simmons thread.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t think he was used properly at all. Way too much sideways / decoy crap. The guy is quick in his moves. Needed more one cut or double move vertical routes along with quick slant rub routes

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would tend to agree with the "so far" part. He sowed he can play with that catch against the Niners and the ball skills shown on that crazy take away yesterday.

He needs a coach who can use him more than 1 yard behind the line of scrimmage.
This. End of story.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Poor use of literally. So it's the coaching staff's fault that he hasn't been good? Because, I'm sorry, but I'm tired of watching tiny 2nd-round WRs come in and do jack.
If he’s tiny then Steve Smith is tiny too….yes he’s no Steve Smith but they are about the same size

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well gets more touches then anybody, like 82 in the regular season, that’s not really on the rookie, sure he tries his best. It’s on coach, scheme and km.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When was the last you remember seeing Moore beyond line if scrimmage taking a slant or crossing route for a TD?. No one is expecting 1000 yard season but Moore was such a disappointment over the course of 18 games for a second round pick..

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I disagree on this one. I dont think he's a bust, and I don't think he's soft. I think he has the potential be really good, but I don't think he was used well. After the first 1/3 of the season, I wanted to see his role keep expanding. He has the quickness and route running to be a solid slot WR, like a welker, Edelman, renfrow. Instead they did nothing but throw him screens and jet sweeps and teams figured it out quickly.

I would say a bigger problem is Kyler can't throw it over the middle, so Moore is going to have a hard time growing into that role.

I certainly think he is better than Kirk. I think that a WR corp of Hopkins, Legit #2 Outside WR, and Moore in the slot is really solid and has room to grow.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not a bust but I don’t believe this coaching staff knows how to use him properly.

The coaching staff have obviously been asking for a small, speedy WR. Isabella and now Moore.

Kliff knows exactly "how" he wants to use them. Short horizontal screen plays that become an extension of the run game. The problem is that it doesn't work in the NFL! They can keep using 2nd round picks on talented speedsters and they will keep busting because the NFL field is too narrow for that horizontal ********.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If Moore was playing for Kansas City or even with the Saints and Payton's approach and used right, it would be laughable to call him a bust. I bet if Simmons played for the Seahawks we would not even be contemplating him as a bust... I bet if Collins played for the Steelers or Patriots we would be asking why did we not draft him lol

Last edited:

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The packers game was the momentum changer fkr Moore. He was trending up before that game and have several brain farts during the game then got benched. Then he was bad all year since then. He either lost the confidence to himself or the trust from the team/ coaching staff.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Moore was playing for Kansas City or even with the Saints and Payton's approach and used right, it would be laughable to call him a bust. I bet if Simmons played for the Seahawks we would not even be contemplating him as a bust... I bet if Conner played for the Steelers or Patriots we would be asking why did we not draft him lol
My guess is you were talking about Collins, not Conner.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let's revisit this thread when we don't re-sign Kirk and Moore takes all of his slot routes next year.

Imo, the guy was used terribly behind the LOS for 1 yd screen plays ALL YEAR long. Grossly misused in our lineup. The fact that he "stole back" the would-be INT last night was more of a heads up play then an indictment on him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When was the last you remember seeing Moore beyond line if scrimmage taking a slant or crossing route for a TD?. No one is expecting 1000 yard season but Moore was such a disappointment over the course of 18 games for a second round pick..

There was one play last night where Griese pointed out if Kyler had seen it he could have hit Moore on exactly that play. I think it was a play he threw deeper instead don't remember but I remember thinking Moore was actually running deeper routes last night.

If we let Kirk go I assume Rondale is the slot guy next year but again I'd be surprised if we let Kirk go.

Reactions: PJ1

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got out of Rondale what we all asked of him, routes down the field. He wasn't only used as a decoy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose