Can we finally challenge this experiment?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is a bit of me being a jerk, so I'm sorry. But can we admit that the losing college coach and anomaly #1 pick with tough measurables might have been the wrong choice? That the worst drafting GM in the league doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt?

I want this team to win, so much, but we had no spirit.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was over the dinglebury experiment before it started. Get us a coach that can lead, get us an OC that can scheme and adjust. If KM can't produce consistently under a quality staff then let him play baseball if he wants.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good organizations rarely dig in their heels on a losing formula. We gave them 3 years. It's time to shake things up. If you think Kyler is worth believing in.. then you change up everything around him. If not, then you get what you can in trades and let someone else take a Crack at it.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Kyler isn’t the problem but he needs someone with experience to guide him. He isn’t mentally mature yet to lead on his own.

Hiring Kliff to lead KM was a bad move since they are both learning together. Who knows if it actually matures into something.

Rodgers learned behind Brett for 3 years.
Mahomes learned from Andy Reid and Alex Smith.
Brady had BB and Bledsoe.
Peyton Manning had Jim Mora, Tom Moore, and BA as his QB coach.

Bottom line, if we can’t get anyone in here to actually coach KM and guide him till maturity, then he needs to step up by himself. Please put down the video games and study some film instead.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Kyler isn’t the problem but he needs someone with experience to guide him. He isn’t mentally mature yet to lead on his own.

Hiring Kliff to lead KM was a bad move since they are both learning together. Who knows if it actually matures into something.

Rodgers learned behind Brett for 3 years.
Mahomes learned from Andy Reid and Alex Smith.
Brady had BB and Bledsoe.
Peyton Manning had Jim Mora, Tom Moore, and BA as his QB coach.

Bottom line, if we can’t get anyone in here to actually coach KM and guide him till maturity, then he needs to step up by himself. Please put down the video games and study some film instead.
You couldn't have said it better. He has talent... a coach that challenges him might change everything.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
This is a bit of me being a jerk, so I'm sorry. But can we admit that the losing college coach and anomaly #1 pick with tough measurables might have been the wrong choice? That the worst drafting GM in the league doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt?

I want this team to win, so much, but we had no spirit.
I personally was against hiring KK but with the steady progress and going 10-2 to open the season I thought we were on the right track. But the collapse last season and the epic collapse this season is unacceptable. I hate to say it but I would clear the decks, write the checks (not my money) and start over again. We reached our potential with this group and it is all downhill from here.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I personally was against hiring KK but with the steady progress and going 10-2 to open the season I thought we were on the right track. But the collapse last season and the epic collapse this season is unacceptable. I hate to say it but I would clear the decks, write the checks (not my money) and start over again. We reached our potential with this group and it is all downhill from here.
We have a lot of issues in all of the contracts Keim set up too... let's build. Kyler now doesn't get the full extension.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You couldn't have said it better. He has talent... a coach that challenges him might change everything.
The difference is the mentality of Kyler. It really really really seems like he is the type of personality that thinks he's just fine. He thinks he can be a video game celeb, or go play baseball (even though he would probably suck).

You bring in a coach that pushes him and he resents it. He needs to be coddled.

I say trade him before paying him .

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Would love to see a new Dc who brings a more aggressive mindset and is able to put players in position to succeed. We also need to bring in an established NFL OC to help get the offense the ability to adapt better as more teams see tape on them. We put 8-9 games on film and overnight we look pedestrian rest of the season because Kliff cannot keep progressing to stay ahead of things

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Would love to see a new Dc who brings a more aggressive mindset and is able to put players in position to succeed. We also need to bring in an established NFL OC to help get the offense the ability to adapt better as more teams see tape on them. We put 8-9 games on film and overnight we look pedestrian rest of the season because Kliff cannot keep progressing to stay ahead of things
Maybe Kyler doesn’t watch enough film to know how people are going to attack him…

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Being in management for a long time the worst type of employee was one who thought they knew what they were doing but really didn't. Very hard to deal with someone who just isn't qualified for the job. A lot of times upper management would not allow any change and that made the situation intolerable.
Kliff just isn't an NFL head coach, period. I am also at the point where I don't think Kyle is a true franchise QB either. He can wow you and kill you (sometimes on the same play). Just doesn't seem to have "football smarts". I don't see many, if any, playoff wins with this duo.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Being in management for a long time the worst type of employee was one who thought they knew what they were doing but really didn't. Very hard to deal with someone who just isn't qualified for the job. A lot of times upper management would not allow any change and that made the situation intolerable.
Kliff just isn't an NFL head coach, period. I am also at the point where I don't think Kyle is a true franchise QB either. He can wow you and kill you (sometimes on the same play). Just doesn't seem to have "football smarts". I don't see many, if any, playoff wins with this duo.
I've said it before and I will say it again...QBs that have ridden their athleticism to success since HS and through college are a recipe for disaster. When everyone in the NFL is a superior athlete, they have nothing left.

Give me a QB who wins with smarts, reading defenses, and good decisions any day over a QB that wins with 4.3 speed.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
We need to make changes. If we don't I think I might be done. I'm close to putting them in the same bucket I put the Suns about 8 years ago. Them and the NBA lost me. We're close here with my frustration levels. I'm not going to keep spending time and money on a half assed product.

At a minimum we better see VJ fired. Really the only thing right now that would guarantee I'm back is Keim getting his pink slip which would probably mean KK too. I'd give the new GM a shot though with KK if he, not Bidwill, chose to keep him. I'm done with the insanity of doing the same thing year after year and expecting different results.