Cardinals @ Rams postgame thread

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If I am Kyler I would not step into Cardinals facility ever again without a deal..he is not getting one after another upcoming collapse.

So now or never.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Here is where I fall.

I don't believe in Keim. He is proven to be a fraud.

I don't care for Vance and his defense. He is proven to be a fraud.

I don't care for Kyler as a QB. He is proven to be a fraud.

Obviously Kliff is not good enough to manage these things.

I tried but...it is going to take a lot for me to change my mind on these.

These boys made me out to be a fool.
Blaming the Cards for that too?

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I seriously can't remember seeing a player choke as bad in the playoffs as Kyler did tonight. In any sport. Lindley was horrible and all, but nobody expected anything different. This was just a huge gut punch to watch. How can you trust him in the next big game when we have watched his meltdowns get worse over the last two years?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do we ever sometimes wonder if it just us?....or is it them? George costanza stuff.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Progress? In the end, this is a failure of epic proportions. This was a 10-2 team! Kliff once again shows why he's the 4th best coach in the division, falling backwards into the playoffs, and then getting completely destroyed. Why would the finish be any different this year than last?

I don't even know where you start with this team. Two FA RB's, 1 good WR, no idea at TE, an OL full of holes, and a D that probably requires a complete rebuild. We get routinely owned in the trenches, and have a QB who folds whenever he's the least bit dinged up/losing.

Bringing back Keim/KK to fail again would be insanity.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing that pushes the issue is that both Kyler and Kliff are looking for extensions this off-season. After this display, you don't feel like either deserve it...but especially with Kyler, if you don't give it to him I think he gets butt hurt and it impacts things going forward. Kliff probably knows he failed up into this spot and wouldn't get another HC offer.. but Kyler thinks he's the best QB on the planet and everyone else is the problem.

As much as I hate the thought of blowing it up...I don't think we are close to being a legit contender. Next year is the end of the "all in" window. And after that I think we are going to be stuck in mediocrity.

I would behind the scenes see if the Texans would trade Watson for Murray. It would be great to get picks as well, but a straight up trade is better than nothing. If Watson could be had, I would then bring in a new HC like a Flores or Bienemy.

Watson is untouchable. If he gets cleared then yeah kick the tires but you can't trade for a guy who may spend years in jail until you know more about that.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
I seriously can't remember seeing a player choke as bad in the playoffs as Kyler did tonight. In any sport. Lindley was horrible and all, but nobody expected anything different. This was just a huge gut punch to watch. How can you trust him in the next big game when we have watched his meltdowns get worse over the last two years?

Living in Texas, I used to see Tony Romo choke all the time in the playoffs. Even when they were the 1-seed. At least we were underdogs tonight

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Progress? In the end, this is a failure of epic proportions. This was a 10-2 team! Kliff once again shows why he's the 4th best coach in the division, falling backwards into the playoffs, and then getting completely destroyed. Why would the finish be any different this year than last?

I don't even know where you start with this team. Two FA RB's, 1 good WR, no idea at TE, an OL full of holes, and a D that probably requires a complete rebuild. We get routinely owned in the trenches, and have a QB who folds whenever he's the least bit dinged up/losing.

Bringing back Keim/KK to fail again would be insanity.
They will bring them back. Bidwills reached playoffs 10 times in 100 years. It is a success of epic proportions for them. They have everything - Money, Fame but respect. This was a respected season for them.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Watson is untouchable. If he gets cleared then yeah kick the tires but you can't trade for a guy who may spend years in jail until you know more about that.
The grand jury is wrapping up this month. Apparently only 2 misdemeanors are on the table and that's without a plea deal. He can settle tge civil suits, serve his suspension and be back.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury's end to the season as a head coach... Texas Tech: • '13: lost 5 of 6 • '14: lost 4 of 6 • '15: lost 4 of 6 • '16: lost 6 of 8 • '17: lost 6 of 8 • '18: lost 5 of 5 Cardinals: • '19: lost 7 of 9 • '20: lost 5 of 7 • ‘21: lost 5 of 6

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury's end to the season as a head coach... Texas Tech: • '13: lost 5 of 6 • '14: lost 4 of 6 • '15: lost 4 of 6 • '16: lost 6 of 8 • '17: lost 6 of 8 • '18: lost 5 of 5 Cardinals: • '19: lost 7 of 9 • '20: lost 5 of 7 • ‘21: lost 5 of 6
massive failure

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thing that sticks out to me is the lack of physicality with this team. The Rams just beat the crap out of us. Which is why the Rams have so much trouble with the Niners. Niners hit back and hit back hard. We turtle.
100% Agree. We are the sacrificial lambs in this division. Even the Seahawks took it to us. Our division rivals know this and it is plain as day

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I don’t see a way forward fir me and cards, I’m in Valparaiso chile and tried to recruit new cards fans And really can’t explain why I care so much about this team beyond it’s my home state? was happy when they came in 88.I don’t know about the rest of the base, dont think they will miss me, but I can’t follow stupidity any more. I always bounce back, you all know my beef, and I have no power over it except where I blow my money, I think the Titans are more my flavor. at least they don’t regularly drop their pants and crap down my throat.

like I said before this game look at the box scores at winners and losers and winners run, more then pass! hate the rams, niners, Seattle, cowboys, New England , yea it’s a strong word and I mean it with a hairline of sportsmanship, but yea I hate the Cardinals even more right now. With ample reason, again, I try to wash it off, be the best lil fan I can be, but there they go again! none our media will ask why chase is starting and Conner makes the pro bowl as an after thought? Never did with, centers, hearst, edge, beanie, CJ, DJ, now Conner.

got absolutely destroyed with the best pro bowl rb in the game (playoffs) not getting any carries until we are backed up in the end zone, late in the 2nd quarter Behind by 14. Trying to put perform von Miller and Aaron Donald without running the ball in the playoffs, unless you count the one carry where they picked chase up and threw back into our back field, or Kyler or rondale moire. Can’t support this, it is not consumable.

I said it all season, and through every year the last 15 years, but what keep throwing my money at it? stupid is as stupid does. I don’t care if you got some of the best qbs ever, as we have, best we ever as we have, best oline ever, as we have, best defensive players ever, as we have. At this point I blame Michael Bidwill, he chose this 3 times in a row. Our media and fans support this, repeatedly. Our offense can not function, it is impossible, not improbable.

i would rather lose with integrity, dignity, character in tact, then watch the team I support commit NFL suicide time and time again. With the talent to compete rotting, with maggots rolling out a rancid corpse, the talents on the field! being miss used as decoys! it’s not a lack of hop? I don’t what the hell others are even watching anymore?

it has turned me into someone I don’t like, fan I don’t like, you like sportcenter highlights over fundamentally sound team play, well there you go enjoy, watch this crap, suck the pearl out of that oyster. I am better fan without it.

waterboy

Rookie
Reaction score
This.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Even if Cardinals start 7-0 next year, everyone (except the die hards on this board) will see the record as mickey mouse team.
Yup. I don’t even know what to make of this years 7-0 start. They looked so good but obviously that was quite the mirage. You are what you are right now. And right now this is a sunk ship.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson