Cardinals at Rams playoff gameday thread 1-17-2022

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get what Griese is saying but the way the LB was on Ertz, Kyler would have to throw it behind him and get Zach to stop so I was ok throwing to Wesley. The problem was Wesley didn't get off his feet at all he mistimed it. For a big tall guy he has to do that better.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you see Chandler on that play? I love the guy but he literally grabbed the OL blocking him and pulled him down on top of him trying to fool the ref into calling a hold, instead of just playing run defense

The crazy thing is I think that was teh hold they called?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not advocating for cheap shots, but you know that Rams would be taking several if they were getting waxed like this.

Hell, they're taking them anyway with a lead.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get what Griese is saying but the way the LB was on Ertz, Kyler would have to throw it behind him and get Zach to stop so I was ok throwing to Wesley. The problem was Wesley didn't get off his feet at all he mistimed it. For a big tall guy he has to do that better.
Exactly the play was there if Wesley just jumps at the proper time. We are down big and we absolutely should be going for the big plays not check downs. Can’t win with some people still taking risks or stop taking check downs? This is a coaching failure period we are now running the offense we should have been the whole game, why wait till your down 4tds to try and build some rhythm offense? Failed game plan or no game plan by both coaches!

NWMike

Rookie
Reaction score
Serious question for everyone. Is there anything we can try to accomplish this last ten minutes that can help us next season?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not even upset... strangely. This team has been funny all year. A serious team would have upset me a little more I'm sure.