Cardinals at Rams playoff gameday thread 1-17-2022

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He may try, but I think Rams are ready for that, knowing it is likely coming.
I think they'll try blitzing more than normal to ensure Kyler doesnt leave the pocket or dare him to have to squeeze by Donald running up the middle.

Its why we have to play with tempo and nickel and dime them down the field. Raheem doesnt have a lot of adjustments like Staley. Dont allow Donald to wreck a play/series.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have rewatched the first two games on game pass and it is just all about who turns the ball over. These teams are very close in talent.

Each game was different though. We won't have DHop this time. They didn't have Ramsey last time.

I will say this the first 2 games we put up 37 in one and should have gone over 30 in the other if Kyler didn't leave points on the board with bad throws and picks. That was with D Hop, I feel like we're probably going to need more than 30 to win tonight so we gotta get it somehow.

NFL players shouldn't need to get pumped up for a playoff game but if they do just show the replay of Donald waving good bye and that should help.

Reactions: PJ1

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a game where we need an early turnover where the O capitalizes with a TD. Something to shake the foundation of the Rams and give us some extra confidence juice.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Each game was different though. We won't have DHop this time. They didn't have Ramsey last time.

I will say this the first 2 games we put up 37 in one and should have gone over 30 in the other if Kyler didn't leave points on the board with bad throws and picks. That was with D Hop, I feel like we're probably going to need more than 30 to win tonight so we gotta get it somehow.

NFL players shouldn't need to get pumped up for a playoff game but if they do just show the replay of Donald waving good bye and that should help.
Gotta remember we also didn’t have Chase in the 2nd matchup. He killed them in the 1st matchup. He has always been the XFactor of this team imo. They also won’t have Ernest Jones. Athletic rookie ILB who gave us problems last matchup, but didn’t play in the 1st matchup.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is a game where we need an early turnover where the O capitalizes with a TD. Something to shake the foundation of the Rams and give us some extra confidence juice.
Especially If it is a interception from Stafford. If he has a few bad plays he could turn into the Carolina QB we picked off like 7 times in 2008. Jake Delhome

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is my honest expectation of our first two drives.

Kyler's last playoff appearance drive chart:

You must be registered for see images attach

Yikes.

My bets today are:

Over 49 -105
Kyler to throw for 250 yards and have a passing TD +120
Kyler to rush for 40 yards and Cupp to have 100 yards +320
Ertz first TD Scorer +1000

I love this bet so much as long as you still win if Cooper Kupp gets the 100 yards.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which Jersey do I wear tonight? Chandler (Used early this year through the Rams MNF loss and the Detroit debacle) or my new Kyler Jersey that I got for Xmas? Kyler got us the win in Dallas but also the loss at home to the Hags.

I need a consensus here friends. GO!

I like what Johnnycakes said --

Its K1's game to lose so i would go with Kyler

Me, I'm going to wear my new Kyler socks

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As much as we need a Kyler in peak form...I think it will be equally important for a wideout today to step up in a massive way. We need someone out there to just be THAT guy and take over a game and demand the ball from Kyler when he's getting hot...much like Dhop. We could use a playoff Fitz performance. I just have zero clue who it could be. Lol. /:confused:

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
As much as we need a Kyler in peak form...I think it will be equally important for a wideout today to step up in a massive way. We need someone out there to just be THAT guy and take over a game and demand the ball from Kyler when he's getting hot...much like Dhop. We could use a playoff Fitz performance. I just have zero clue who it could be. Lol. /:confused:
Wesley is a possibility

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Yikes.

I love this bet so much as long as you still win if Cooper Kupp gets the 100 yards.
Oooof.

:stick: :stick: :stick:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Yikes.

May very well happen again. However, what screwed them was Lincoln Riley trying to carry on business as usual with a clearly injured Hollywood Brown. Poorly planned for a guy who didnt practice much either from what I recall.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I think Kirk and Ertz and Conner have good games.

Hope we can slow down Kupp.