Cowboys Bounce on a Draw

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
C'mon man you can't blame the refs, the sun was in his eyes. No matter how you cut it, the fact that Dak ran up the middle of the field with 15 seconds left on the clock is just ludicrous. If no one was open he would have been better off throwing it away than what he did. They may have gotten two more plays if he didn't run. Talk about a brain fart.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Just snapped this photo from video replay of the end of the game. It was a very poor idea by Dallas to run that final play, but notice where the referee is in relation to Prescott. What’s he doing trailing the action by nearly 25 yards? He literally cannot be doing any aspect of his job effectively by standing way downfield. Crazy. Then again, he is an NFL official….

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also note if yuo look at the replay, Amari Cooper is lined up offsides because the ref moves the ball back and when the C gets it he pushes it back forwards. Lamb is borderline offsides but Cooper is it appears pretty clearly offsides if the ball is where the ref spotted it. So that last play would have been a penalty anyways

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Also note if yuo look at the replay, Amari Cooper is lined up offsides because the ref moves the ball back and when the C gets it he pushes it back forwards. Lamb is borderline offsides but Cooper is it appears pretty clearly offsides if the ball is where the ref spotted it. So that last play would have been a penalty anyways
Yep. Game was over when Dak took off and didn't drop down about the 30 yard line. GAME...OVER. Stupid play call by whoever called it killed them.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Just snapped this photo from video replay of the end of the game. It was a very poor idea by Dallas to run that final play, but notice where the referee is in relation to Prescott. What’s he doing trailing the action by nearly 25 yards? He literally cannot be doing any aspect of his job effectively by standing way downfield. Crazy. Then again, he is an NFL official….
Well, the guy is then pretty fast and it's irrelevant how far back if you consider where the play happened prior and that when Dallas was then coming to the line he made it there but the Cowboy players were blocking his way

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I mean, how utterly stupid can you be. I absolutely love the heart break of it! Because, as much as I hate the Whiners, I LOATHE the Cowgirls.
Meh. I used to feel this way too, except the Niners are a division rival, the Cowboys aren't, and the Cardinals have pretty much owned them since the Cardinals left the NFC East.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score

I have never noticed an official so far away from the action in a situation like this. I would love to know what he was thinking and doing so far away from where he knew he needed to be at the end of that play. If the teams were reversed in that situation, I would think there would be sufficient grounds for the conspiracy theorists to say the game was surely rigged for the Boys by the league. Guess I will always wonder about this one.

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score
there is something wrong with that team

think of the talent around Dak:

two good RBs (with Pollard being better)
three good WRs, with one (Lamb) being very good
a dependable TE
an O-line with a very good LT and RG

and yet.......

is it Dak? is it coaching?
I was just talking to my cousin about this (a cowboys fan). If the cards had cowboys receivers it wouldn’t have mattered that Hopkins hot injured they would have still been rolling.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was just talking to my cousin about this (a cowboys fan). If the cards had cowboys receivers it wouldn’t have mattered that Hopkins hot injured they would have still been rolling.
Exactly they have way to much talent to have been getting their butts kicked anyway! The Niners owned them and out physicalled them all day, they were lucky to even have a shot at the end! And then they wasted it in maybe one of the dumbest things to do ever when you have little clock and no timeouts, they should have been in pass only mode! Especially since they just passed it all the way down the field on consecutive throws why in the world would you take off running in the middle of the field just beyond stupid!

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can you imagine if Murray did what Zac did? I don’t think this board would react kindly

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I have never noticed an official so far away from the action in a situation like this. I would love to know what he was thinking and doing so far away from where he knew he needed to be at the end of that play. If the teams were reversed in that situation, I would think there would be sufficient grounds for the conspiracy theorists to say the game was surely rigged for the Boys by the league. Guess I will always wonder about this one.
Bah, I just watched the replay. The ref was right on top of it, sprinting in about a second after the center spotted the ball. Stupid play and a well-deserved loss.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cowboys fans etc saying it was a fix are completely missing that they got a re spot off a review that was one link short of a first down. I don't think he got the first down mind you but if the game was rigged they would not have moved that spot.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
The Cowboys fans etc saying it was a fix are completely missing that they got a re spot off a review that was one link short of a first down. I don't think he got the first down mind you but if the game was rigged they would not have moved that spot.
They also only got a 25 second run off after that instead of 40 seconds. So because the refs blew the whistle to measure and then ultimately review the play saved them 15 seconds.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
It's still Daks mistake. He should have ran and handed the ball to the umpire instead of his center. That cost them several seconds. Know the rules like Larry does.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. Cowboy fans thinking the NFL would fix anything against their team.

Where's that crack pipe?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Lol. Cowboy fans thinking the NFL would fix anything against their team.

Where's that crack pipe?
that's a great point. Crack pipe is one way to put it lol. the irony is that some fans are mentally capped with their emotions and they are the same ones that think that the refs are handicapped. refs are out there just trying their best to do their jobs and I think that crew did the best they could to get calls right for all of that game. if you go to dallas/ft worth or deep into (non houston) Texas in particular, there are many cowboys fans that do not realize that there are other teams in the NFL (tongue in cheek). that's how deep the kool aid flows. but with that said, now there are so many NFL teams that have had a lot of success. I don't know that it is that much different in other places with the homer effect (especially with refs conspiracies). the cowboys just have such a loyal backing, I really don't think you can call cowboys fans front runners anymore. they literally have had less playoff success than Jacksonville in the last 25 years. If anyone should wear clown suits to a game, its cowboys fans.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
so the play would not have counted anyways. there were so many pre snap penalties by both teams all game. I attribute it to the ridiculous size of that poorly positioned (and located), enclosed, TV capsule of a stadium that allows for 20K away fans to attend just about every game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so the play would not have counted anyways. there were so many pre snap penalties by both teams all game. I attribute it to the ridiculous size of that poorly positioned (and located), enclosed, TV capsule of a stadium that allows for 20K away fans to attend just about every game.
I have thought from day 1 the design of the stadium was stupid. And I got to tour it before it opened. I immediately thought "Wow. Isn't that jumbotron too low? Kicks will hit it." Plus, east west is a no no for a football field.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That penalty is almost never called. I see it happen on 5% (my number) of plays and it almost never gets called.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I have thought from day 1 the design of the stadium was stupid. And I got to tour it before it opened. I immediately thought "Wow. Isn't that jumbotron too low? Kicks will hit it." Plus, east west is a no no for a football field.
I have to admit that I was floored by that stadium the first time I went to a game over 10 years ago. but I watched the TV the entire game because it's easier to follow that than follow the field. it doesn't feel like a real stadium. its also too big so the acoustics are just weird. I actually feel the same about Wembley...it's just too big to have an intimate/festive environment. It's almost like loving a house when you first see it, but then you move in and you notice all of the flaws and wish you could go back, especially when you look at some of the other new stadiums around the league.

the sun blinding your own players is ridiculous. the sun cost them a score before the first half ended. that's on Jerry because he could fix that and he opts out of it because of his ego. the opposing fans are terrible. DFW now more than ever have people that moved there from all over the country and every game has at least 10-20K road fans which is unbelievable and it does not help create a home field advantage, but it lines jerry's pockets. at the end of the day Jerry for me is the one to blame for the cowboys problems since his relationship ended with Jimmy. his ego and entitlement trickles down to the coaches and players and is in turn why the cowboys are mediocre since Jimmy left. my only hope as a cowboys fan is that Jerry or Steven Jones will bring in someone like Troy Aikman to be a GM. someone who will stand up to him and tell him the truth, not tell him what he wants to hear.

Last edited: